Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

I have google analytics. We do 10 times the traffic of orangebloods and we do more traffic than texassports.com most months. Is that why? I didn't know Google analytics was the reason we were succeeding. 

Oh and it's free, but I feel like I owe them money now that I've been enlightened. 

Fuck it let's just ignore UT compliance and just give some guy on the roster 100k, WCGW

nothing. that's the point. who's going to retroactively enforce any sort of punishment? the NCAA? the feds? lulz. the athletic department and compliance office should have already figured out how to take advantage in the short-term while planning for the long-term. 

to use a different example, this is like a CBD shop in austin being afraid to sell delta-8 in february because they were worried it would be made illegal in the session in may.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

They also have a kicker, and he's ranked lower than ours. To be fair, you either need to remove their kicker or add ours back in. Either way you look at it, we have 2 more commits. Their average is higher, and there's only a ~10 point difference. That's the equivalent of a high 3 star. So, unless their next two commits are both low 3 star players, they are objectively ahead of us. It's not a huge difference, but to argue otherwise is disingenuous. Either way, I heard someone say if we just win then the problem will take care of itself. Thought that was a unique perspective so I'm not gonna get too worked up about anything right now.

Yeah I don't think there's much debate their class looks likely (not guaranteed) to be better than ours. Does that mean we're doomed for eternity and our class sucks? Not at all. The way I see it, there are 3 issues that can vault us up to an elite class in 2022 (and also perennial top 5 classes) 

1. NIL - gotta catch up here. If we can do that in the next month or two, big for 2022 class. Defer to CTJ on likelihood of this happening in time

2. Announce early SEC move - do that in the next couple months and big boost for 22 and 23

3. Win. Gotta start strong with lopsided wins over ULL and Arky.

Luckily a lot of our top remaining targets are waiting to make decisions so we have some time on all these. It sounds like 1 and 2 will happen at some point, just a question of whether in time for 22. #3 more up in the air but should definitely happen.

30 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I'm super lazy, but I'm going to try and look this up. In the past 20 years, what do you think the worst recruiting class ranking we've had when we meet these two criteria?

1) Sign minimum of 20 recruits

2) Not a head coaching transition

It was #11. I guess Texas does recruit itself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

They also have a kicker, and he's ranked lower than ours. To be fair, you either need to remove their kicker or add ours back in. Either way you look at it, we have 2 more commits. Their average is higher, and there's only a ~10 point difference. That's the equivalent of a high 3 star. So, unless their next two commits are both low 3 star players, they are objectively ahead of us. It's not a huge difference, but to argue otherwise is disingenuous. Either way, I heard someone say if we just win then the problem will take care of itself. Thought that was a unique perspective so I'm not gonna get too worked up about anything right now.

And I get that. The point I was trying to make was that they're not "killing us in recruiting right now" as someone up thread put it. Our recruiting and theirs are pretty close right now,

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, immamac said:

We do 10 times the traffic of orangebloods

really? why is ketch more famous than you?

47 minutes ago, satyanash said:

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX) - 2022: “My reaction is, let’s do it. Let’s take over the SEC.

promising. 

47 minutes ago, satyanash said:

DL Caleb Mitchell, DeSoto (DeSoto, TX) – 2024: “It’s definitely big. Now they’ll play Texas A&M, Bama, big schools like that, Auburn.”

lulz

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Fud said:

You can keep saying, and it'll keep being wrong. Verbal commits do matter at least a single bit. It's easier to keep a verbal commit than to land an uncommitted player, and it's much easier than flipping a commit. Additionally, verbal commits can help build momentum in a class, and also camaraderie between the verbals in a class can help keep a class together. The product on the field is an important variable, but it's one of many. Furthermore, there's the area between a great season and a poor season, which likely would neither make nor break the class. 

No need for absolutes here. 

well if we land in that grey area then we will have not made an improvement at the head coaching position - we just fired a guy for being in that area. The whole purpose of the Sark hire is to have the product on the field have a positive impact on recruiting, not a "meh" impact. 

What Sark is able to achieve in season 1 with a talented roster is going to be extremely important to how he is able to recruit here - if you think Sark is going to come in and have a Tom Hermanesque season and then get better classes than Tom Herman did (remember, we still recruited fairly well under the turtle) you are mistaken. Bags don't help that much when the brand is winning football and the product you put out is mediocre Texas Bowl football. 

59 minutes ago, satyanash said:

(Justin Wells) JTEN: Top recruiting targets talk UT/SEC news, post-event

gotta love this quote:
OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX) - 2022: “My reaction is, let’s do it. Let’s take over the SEC. Texas and OU going to the SEC are going to be good for the programs. I’m looking forward to it.” Campbell added: “Texas has always been a top school for me, and it’s going to stay like that.”

and this quote:
DL Caleb Mitchell, DeSoto (DeSoto, TX) – 2024: “It’s definitely big. Now they’ll play Texas A&M, Bama, big schools like that, Auburn.”

Nah, aggy still running from playing Texas.  Their 100 year decision was based on running from Texas and trying to benefit from it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

52 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

And I get that. The point I was trying to make was that they're not "killing us in recruiting right now" as someone up thread put it. Our recruiting and theirs are pretty close right now,

Head in the sand.  If you can't grasp that there is more momentum on their side then I don't know what to tell you.

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

(Justin Wells) JTEN: Top recruiting targets talk UT/SEC news, post-event

Texas A&M and Auburn being classified as "big schools" pretty much shows you exactly why we needed to move to the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Texas A&M and Auburn being classified as "big schools" pretty much shows you exactly why we needed to move to the SEC.

I'm surprised he left out big schools like Vanderbilt and Kentucky.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, General Specific said:

That Southlake degree sounds like it's pretty fucking easy to get if you can just up and decide a few weeks before school starts that you can "graduate"

• Like 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting