Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Gerry on Hudson

Hide contents

Spoke with a source close to Hudson ... visiting SMU for sure this weekend (supposed to begin today).

If he doesn't come to Austin, SMU could gain commitment #2 in his recruitment.

Taking on the characteristics of South Florida prospect triple commitment recruitment.

Will Gerry be able to un-fixate on a guy with powerful Portal vibes (if he keeps flirting with other programs after committing to SMU)? Somehow I doubt it.

13 hours ago, Machinator said:

(Brandon Huffman) Polynesian Bowl announces DB Bryce Anderson as selection

Reveal hidden contents

Beaumont (Texas) West Brook safety Bryce Anderson has been selected to play in the 2022 Polynesian Bowl, it was announced on Thursday.

For Anderson, it’s a huge honor.

“It’s an honor and a privilege to be recognized and selected to play in such a prestigious bowl such as the Polynesian Bowl,” said Anderson. “It also means a lot to me knowing that all of the hard work I put in didn’t go unnoticed.”

Anderson is eager to play in the game he’s been watching for years, including the 2020 game in which several players signed with Texas and Texas A&M.

“I watched the 2020 game and some of the players I know personally like Demond Dumas, Malik Hornsby and Bijon Robinson,” said Anderson.

Anderson is excited to showcase his skills against a number of other top players.

“It’s a big deal to me knowing that all of the hard work I put in this game didn’t go unnoticed and I get to showcase my talent against some of the best in the nation in my last high school game,” said Anderson.

It will be Anderson’s first time in Hawaii.

“I’ve never been to Hawaii and I’m definitely looking forward to it,” said Anderson. “I'm very excited to experience Hawaii and to join the culture of the Polynesian Bowl.”

Anderson said he’s gotten to know a number of players already selected to play in the 2022 Polynesian Bowl.

“I know Larry Turner-Gooden, Maalik Murphy, Domani Jackson and Kelvin Banks,” said Anderson.

Recruiting wise, Anderson has four schools standing out to him.

“The four schools that are sticking out to me the most right now are Alabama, Texas, Texas A&M and LSU,” said Anderson.

Anderson was hoping to announce in early July but is now pushing that time back.

“I originally had it for July 4th but i'm going to push it back due to my high school team making it to the Texas State 7 on 7 tournament,” said Anderson. “So that means I won't be able to take all of my official visits, so it'll be after I take all of my official visits.”

The Polynesian Bowl began in 2017 with former Stanford all-purpose back Connor Wedington the inaugural Offensive MVP and former Iowa defensive lineman A.J. Epenesa the Defensive MVP. The 2018 game was the second year and Washington cornerback Kyler Gordon and Stanford quarterback signee Tanner McKee were named Co-MVP's. The 2019 game saw Washington linebacker Daniel Heimuli and BYU receiver Puka Nacua, earn co-MVP honors. The 2020 game saw BYU quarterback Sol-Jay Maiava and Washington defensive back Meki Pei win co-MVP.

The fifth Polynesian Bowl is set for January 22, 2022 in Honolulu.

If only we had some strong Polynesian ties.

IT

Spoiler

June 18th-20th OFFICIAL VISITORS unless otherwise noted

QB Maalik Murphy, Junipero Serra (CA) #AllGasNoBrakes

RB Jaydon Blue, Klein Cain #AllGasNoBrakes

WR Evan Stewart, Liberty (Frisco, TX): Let’s party. Here are the facts: He’s savvy, smooth, and fully understands his value. Maybe too well. But he can back it up on the field. The Florida trip wowed him and the Gators think they’re the team to beat. He spent time at Texas A&M this week. Wait until Austin. NIL could be the closer for UT.

WR Shazz Preston, Saint James (Saint James, LA): LSU or Alabama. Or Florida. Or Mississippi State. Not Texas barring the unforeseen but they’ll take a shot at the do-it-all receiver.

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville #AllGasNoBrakes: He took a student trip to Texas earlier last spring. He might take another visit or two, but he looks locked into the Longhorns.

WR CJ Williams, Mater Dei (Mission Hills, CA): The four-star from Cali is still in Sark’s sights and Williams is excited for his official visit. He might sneak into this class. He’ll still see South Bend in the last weekend of June. There will be pressure on the USC staff to roll out the red carpet for the local product, even though the Trojans have current official visitor Chris Marshall No. 1 on the board.

WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman (Spearman, TX) unofficial visit: One half of the Twin Turbos, the west Texas speedster is set to see UT on his own dime, then return this fall for a game in an official capacity. Texas A&M is set to receive an official visit June 21-23 and Oregon June 25-27 with Oklahoma State having already received an OV. IT continues to hear mom prefers he stay in the region.

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland (Garland, TX) (UOV): There’s chatter he’s not in love with the long-term outlook at QB for UT. There’s also buzz he might commit to SMU tomorrow, and if so, obviously wouldn’t be making the Texas trip.

OL Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake: The 6-foot-4, 295-pounder from down the street is already on campus. Proximity has its privileges. There’s some pro-Texas buzz in this pursuit, but the Longhorns still have to survive a visit to Stanford June 25-27.

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek: After seeing LSU and Oregon, Team Banks is Austin bound this weekend. He still wants to see Texas A&M, but the Horns and Kyle Flood can really solidify things with the top tackle on the board. This is a recruitment Texas has been way out in front on since the arrival of the new staff, and IT has yet to hear anything that says Texas has slipped in June.

DT Kristopher Ross, North Shore #AllGasNoBrakes: For the second weekend in a row at Texas comes at a perfect time with TCU make a very strong push, and Oklahoma hanging around.

LB Trevell Johnson, Arlington Martin #AllGasNoBrakes: No interviews. Just Texas.

S Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo #AllGasNoBrakes: He’s been waiting on this official for months now. He’s connected with Blake Gideon and Jeff Banks, and his Alabama trip early in June is a distant memory.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore: The five-star returns following his spring game appearance in April. The highly-sought after cornerback popped into College Station this week, will be at Georgia June 21-23 and Alabama June 25-27 to finish up the visit process. LSU did a great job of making him feel like family, but IT still isn’t buying the Tigers as a real threat given the schools remaining. A July or early August decision remains likely.

CB Terrance Brooks, Little Elm: With UT hosting the four-star corner for his official visit this weekend, Brooks has approached this decision very business-like. Nick Saban has made Brooks a priority and now it’s Texas’ turn. He’ll see Alabama next weekend. This recruitment comes down to development and early playing opportunities with player development No. 1. The defensive coordinator and position coach relationship is key here.

Note on priority defensive back:

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont): The versatile DB is currently on an official visit to Alabama with a trip to Texas scheduled for next Saturday after the conclusion of the Bruins time at the Texas State 7v7 Tournament. The one-day visit to Texas will be all about spending time with Steve Sarkisian, and the defensive staff. Texas A&M’s Jimbo Fisher has taken this recruitment personally, and is the front-man doing everything he can to beat out the Longhorns. Following the visit to Texas, Anderson will sit down with his family and let them know if he has a decision, or if he needs to push back his commitment date and make an official visit to Texas at a later date. Anderson has been planning to announce July 4.

Notes on LB recruiting:

LB Sebastian Cheeks, Evanston Township (Evanston, IL) - 2022: After Notre Dame canceled his official trip this weekend, he’s headed to Ann Arbor on June 25th-27th, and tells IT that he’d like to commit in July or August. He wants to have it wrapped up before his senior campaign.

Cheeks had glowing remarks about Texas linebackers coach Jeff Choate, who is making a strong impression on recruits these days. Choate told Cheeks he’d help develop him as a football player, but more importantly as a man, a son, husband, father, and friend.

Texas likes Cheeks’ versatility and finds him to be a great program fit; an Our Kind of Guy.

LB Junior Tuihalamaka, Bishop Alemany (Mission Hills, CA): After his Texas official visit, it was believed UT pulled even with Notre Dame for the four-star’s services.

After his recent official visit to South Bend, Notre Dame has confidence it’s the Irish and he could make an announcement this weekend.

OLB Derrick Brown, Texas High (Texarkana, TX): The 6-foot-4, 215-pound EDGE backer has an announcement date. On July 20th, the four-star with double-digit offers will commit to his future home. Texas, OU, and Texas Tech are the main contestants, with UT holding the lead.

Note on OL recruiting:

The staff is all in on Connor Robertson and Cole Hutson (Frisco). Those two fit the type of what they’re looking for on the interior. Where it gets a little tricky is with Jacob Sexton (Deer Creek, Edmond OK) who would ideally play right tackle. The staff is high on Sexton, but it’s also high on Cameron Williams from Duncanville. There’s a sense if Williams doesn’t walk away completely enamored with OU this weekend, they’ll have a good shot to win him over when he takes his official to Texas next weekend.

IT had a recent source in Duncanville state he felt UT held a slight lead for the mammoth o-lineman.

Texas wants one of Williams and Sexton but might not have room for both.

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Also..  If you have a chance to sign both Sexton and Williams..you sign BOTH

Yep my thinking as well.  Throw in Campbell and Banks.  I think we get Hutson.  I'd be for taking Robertson to if we have room seeing as we only took 2 OL last class.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yep my thinking as well.  Throw in Campbell and Banks.  I think we get Hutson.  I'd be for taking Robertson to if we have room seeing as we only took 2 OL last class.

With the longsnapper and kicker, not sure we can go over 5 on the OL. Then again, Sark and co. seem like they're disregarding scholarship limits.

Edited by Bevo14

20 minutes ago, Machinator said:

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland (Garland, TX) (UOV): There’s chatter he’s not in love with the long-term outlook at QB for UT. There’s also buzz he might commit to SMU tomorrow

Well isn't this just a fucking fantastic line. Thanks a lot, everyone responsible.

18 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT

Reveal hidden contents

WR Evan Stewart, Liberty (Frisco, TX): Let’s party. Here are the facts: He’s savvy, smooth, and fully understands his value. Maybe too well. But he can back it up on the field. The Florida trip wowed him and the Gators think they’re the team to beat. He spent time at Texas A&M this week. Wait until Austin. NIL could be the closer for UT.

WR Shazz Preston, Saint James (Saint James, LA): LSU or Alabama. Or Florida. Or Mississippi State. Not Texas barring the unforeseen but they’ll take a shot at the do-it-all receiver.

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville #AllGasNoBrakes: He took a student trip to Texas earlier last spring. He might take another visit or two, but he looks locked into the Longhorns.

WR CJ Williams, Mater Dei (Mission Hills, CA): The four-star from Cali is still in Sark’s sights and Williams is excited for his official visit. He might sneak into this class. He’ll still see South Bend in the last weekend of June. There will be pressure on the USC staff to roll out the red carpet for the local product, even though the Trojans have current official visitor Chris Marshall No. 1 on the board.

WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman (Spearman, TX) unofficial visit: One half of the Twin Turbos, the west Texas speedster is set to see UT on his own dime, then return this fall for a game in an official capacity. Texas A&M is set to receive an official visit June 21-23 and Oregon June 25-27 with Oklahoma State having already received an OV. IT continues to hear mom prefers he stay in the region.

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland (Garland, TX) (UOV): There’s chatter he’s not in love with the long-term outlook at QB for UT. There’s also buzz he might commit to SMU tomorrow, and if so, obviously wouldn’t be making the Texas trip.

OL Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake: The 6-foot-4, 295-pounder from down the street is already on campus. Proximity has its privileges. There’s some pro-Texas buzz in this pursuit, but the Longhorns still have to survive a visit to Stanford June 25-27.

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek: After seeing LSU and Oregon, Team Banks is Austin bound this weekend. He still wants to see Texas A&M, but the Horns and Kyle Flood can really solidify things with the top tackle on the board. This is a recruitment Texas has been way out in front on since the arrival of the new staff, and IT has yet to hear anything that says Texas has slipped in June.

DT Kristopher Ross, North Shore #AllGasNoBrakes: For the second weekend in a row at Texas comes at a perfect time with TCU make a very strong push, and Oklahoma hanging around.

LB Trevell Johnson, Arlington Martin #AllGasNoBrakes: No interviews. Just Texas.

S Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo #AllGasNoBrakes: He’s been waiting on this official for months now. He’s connected with Blake Gideon and Jeff Banks, and his Alabama trip early in June is a distant memory.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore: The five-star returns following his spring game appearance in April. The highly-sought after cornerback popped into College Station this week, will be at Georgia June 21-23 and Alabama June 25-27 to finish up the visit process. LSU did a great job of making him feel like family, but IT still isn’t buying the Tigers as a real threat given the schools remaining. A July or early August decision remains likely.

CB Terrance Brooks, Little Elm: With UT hosting the four-star corner for his official visit this weekend, Brooks has approached this decision very business-like. Nick Saban has made Brooks a priority and now it’s Texas’ turn. He’ll see Alabama next weekend. This recruitment comes down to development and early playing opportunities with player development No. 1. The defensive coordinator and position coach relationship is key here.

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont): The versatile DB is currently on an official visit to Alabama with a trip to Texas scheduled for next Saturday after the conclusion of the Bruins time at the Texas State 7v7 Tournament. The one-day visit to Texas will be all about spending time with Steve Sarkisian, and the defensive staff. Texas A&M’s Jimbo Fisher has taken this recruitment personally, and is the front-man doing everything he can to beat out the Longhorns. Following the visit to Texas, Anderson will sit down with his family and let them know if he has a decision, or if he needs to push back his commitment date and make an official visit to Texas at a later date. Anderson has been planning to announce July 4.

Notes on LB recruiting:

LB Sebastian Cheeks, Evanston Township (Evanston, IL) - 2022: After Notre Dame canceled his official trip this weekend, he’s headed to Ann Arbor on June 25th-27th, and tells IT that he’d like to commit in July or August. He wants to have it wrapped up before his senior campaign.

Cheeks had glowing remarks about Texas linebackers coach Jeff Choate, who is making a strong impression on recruits these days. Choate told Cheeks he’d help develop him as a football player, but more importantly as a man, a son, husband, father, and friend.

Texas likes Cheeks’ versatility and finds him to be a great program fit; an Our Kind of Guy.

LB Junior Tuihalamaka, Bishop Alemany (Mission Hills, CA): After his Texas official visit, it was believed UT pulled even with Notre Dame for the four-star’s services.

After his recent official visit to South Bend, Notre Dame has confidence it’s the Irish and he could make an announcement this weekend.

OLB Derrick Brown, Texas High (Texarkana, TX): The 6-foot-4, 215-pound EDGE backer has an announcement date. On July 20th, the four-star with double-digit offers will commit to his future home. Texas, OU, and Texas Tech are the main contestants, with UT holding the lead.

Note on OL recruiting:

The staff is all in on Connor Robertson and Cole Hutson (Frisco). Those two fit the type of what they’re looking for on the interior. Where it gets a little tricky is with Jacob Sexton (Deer Creek, Edmond OK) who would ideally play right tackle. The staff is high on Sexton, but it’s also high on Cameron Williams from Duncanville. There’s a sense if Williams doesn’t walk away completely enamored with OU this weekend, they’ll have a good shot to win him over when he takes his official to Texas next weekend.

IT had a recent source in Duncanville state he felt UT held a slight lead for the mammoth o-lineman.

Is Stewart still looking at Bama? Think I saw UGA is out. Without those two, I feel like Texas makes too much sense for him. NIL, Austin, Sark offense, close to home, etc. UF has his 7v7 QB and a good offense of their own (not at Sark level of WR production) but seems like we win on most objective criteria.

Lol at Hudson having QB concerns. SMU is better? And isn't he friends with Maalik? 

Lastly, would be really nice if we could get Banks to cancel on Aggy, although I doubt it. Don't like them having last visit with bags sure to be flying (even if that's not the biggest thing for him). 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Machinator said:

That's dumb.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT

Hide contents

Notes on LB recruiting:

Note on OL recruiting:

everyone GIF

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT

Hide contents

Notes on LB recruiting:

Note on OL recruiting:

This is such a pussy write-up. Whoever wrote it is a bleeding vagina.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If that is Hudson’s actual opinion then LOL at being sold on some bullshit by SMU especially given Sarkisians track record with QBs. 

Exactly, if he thinks Preston Stone will be better than either Hudson Card or Malik then that's quite the bill of goods he's being sold.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

That's dumb.

Texas QBs in his rolling 3 year :: 

Charles Wright. Cole Lourd. Maalik Murphy. 2023 QB-to-be-named later. 

Way more questions than answers there, imo. I wouldn't disparage a WR having concerns about that group. If Sark could close the deal on Manning, there would be answers - until he does, there will be questions.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Way more questions than answers there, imo. I wouldn't disparage a WR having concerns about that group. If Sark could close the deal on Manning, there would be answers - until he does, there will be questions.  

Now do the same for SMU. Is it better than Texas?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I like Murphy. I think he will be a star. Regardless, if Sark doesn't have a solid offense in his first 2 years at UT, he was the wrong coach for the job. Hint: He will.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting