Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Well isn't this just a fucking fantastic line. Thanks a lot, everyone responsible.

He doesn't believe in Malik Murphy. OK.. what about Hudson Card/Casey Thompson for the next couple of seasons? And he decommits from OU who has Spencer Rattler in year 2? Does he not think that Steve Sarkisian and Lincoln Riley, literally the two best QB developers in college football, will not keep their QB room right? This kid is being sold a bill of goods. 

2 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Body language suggests we are fucked. I know because I am an expert in such matters. 

Agreed, Sark's love handle gives away that we are pulling Blue's scholarship in this photo at the request of Reuben Owens. 

One of my favorite recruiting board phenomena is the incessant ridicule rightfully lobbed at the 9.95 crew for not having any real idea what's happening, coupled with the across-the-board meltdown when one of those 9.95'ers posts an update that conflicts with what we want to hear

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Gotta keep Blue in our class.  He’s an elite talent and we need more players like him.  If he ends up busting bc of maturity issues I’m fine with it.  I’d rather take that risk than bring in guys like Jonathan Brooks who have a limited ceiling.   

• Like 1

Just now, victory88 said:

Gotta keep Blue in our class.  He’s an elite talent and we need more players like him.  If he ends up busting bc of maturity issues I’m fine with it.  I’d rather take that risk than bring in guys like Jonathan Brooks who have a limited ceiling.   

Obviously idk his story but I like that he'd be coming into a RB room with about as much character/leadership as you could ask for with Bijan and RoJo. He could learn a lot from those guys

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

wouldn't RoJo be gone by the time he arrives? 

Not unless he transfers. He was class of 2019 making him a Junior this year so he'd be a Senior when Blue arrives. Plus the free covid year so he could actually have 2 years of overlap

1 minute ago, Jabberwocky said:

If Blue runs for 250 against the dirtburglers, I do not think any of these anachronistic prophets of doom will care that he did not play his senior year of highschool. 

Suddenly, their tune would be markedly different for some reason.

Only a couple people are looking at it as an ethical thing, for most of us it's about his chances of sticking around at UT and doing what it takes to run for 250 against OU.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

He doesn't believe in Malik Murphy. OK.. what about Hudson Card/Casey Thompson for the next couple of seasons? And he decommits from OU who has Spencer Rattler in year 2? Does he not think that Steve Sarkisian and Lincoln Riley, literally the two best QB developers in college football, will not keep their QB room right? This kid is being sold a bill of goods. 

Yah, I don't really buy it, that QB would be anywhere close to a large part of a "no thanks" on his part. My point in that comment was more toward the fact that it's even possible that line could be written. I mean sure, 995 and all.... but SMU?

9 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yah, I don't really buy it, that QB would be anywhere close to a large part of a "no thanks" on his part. My point in that comment was more toward the fact that it's even possible that line could be written. I mean sure, 995 and all.... but SMU?

I don't like to root against kids, but I'm so ready for Preston Stone to fall on his stupid f***ing face. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Wake me up on NSD1 when Hudson signs with SMU. If that happens, I pledge to take my shameful feelings out on this board by posting artful photos of my assed pressed firmly up against a mirror in homage to Hudson’s similarly bad decision making. 

1F4AE1B4-43BE-402F-8F2A-7DE603422D14.gif

Roach

Friday, 4:36 p.m. : Not a ton of updates from this visit weekend as we don’t typically bother recruits or sources during the visit. I did check on a couple of targets. I believe the news of Texas cancelling the visit of Tavorus Jones is a direct indicator of where things stand with Newton RB De’Anthony Gatson. I checked with sources on the USC side, and the Trojans are confident about their position as well which gives me some pause. In the end though, unless the staff pulled off something massive behind the scenes, I believe Gatson will be a part of this class. I also checked in on Texas High Edge rusher Derrick Brown who set his commitment date. While I don’t believe he’s made a final decision yet, I do believe Texas still sits at the top. Brown will OV to Texas Tech this weekend.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

He probably just likes Samples and the other SMU recruiters and wants to play for them, and everything else is post facto rationalizing.

They may have other thoughts when they are playing in front of small crowds while we are on TV 8 or 9 times a year.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting