Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

There is absolutely zero point of being the highest grossing athletic department in the entire country if we are just going to act miserly with our earnings. Fuck this parsimonious shit and play the game!

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

However, I can't imagine Eltife and Hartzell would want us in the SEC if that wasn't their intention.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

On a separate note but germane to NIL and recruiting, if any of you or your ilk is a streetfighting hustler that can think and analyze quickly, write well, keep your lips zipped, take fast direction and has time on their hands in the next 96 hours, DM me. We're entering crunchtime on pulling some shit together for some folks that can impact things and realizing we're short on some key data/insights that will support/reinforce some of the points. Same for any lawyer who has read the state NIL shit and feels comfy providing some specific talking points in a non-binding way. 

I can honestly say that @texifornia and lawyer @Burt Macklin are almost certainly not doing more important shit on this board right now. Also, where is fucking @Machinator when he can legitimately do something to help this fucked up program get its shit together? Christ. 

@Wulaw Horn sounds like this is up your alley.

21 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Miss me yet? Only Texas could be arrogant enough to fuck this up.

image.thumb.png.17172332c822e5773923668c9b155604.png

I’d love for you to explain how a guy leaving Texas after the staff who brought him on was fired, and he left for an opportunity to move towards an on the field coaching position is “arrogant.”

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Burntcowboy said:

Is there any cause for concern with this lawsuit from the big 12?  I was talking to someone at work and he said there might be evidence that ESPN violated the contract by talking to other schools about big 12 teams. 

You smell like an aggy troll. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

How do we compare to Vanderbilt in academics. You know because we will be deep in recruiting battles against them soon 

Vanderbilt is the Stanford of the South.

Edited by Bevo

6 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

Hey Tex Pete, fuck off. If you think I’m an aggy troll you’re a dumb fuck. Kiss my ass you dipshit 

Hard to tell whether your username means that you are a burnt orange cowboy or an aggie who had a bonfire accident.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

There is absolutely zero point of being the highest grossing athletic department in the entire country if we are just going to act miserly with our earnings. Fuck this parsimonious shit and play the game!

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

However, I can't imagine Eltife and Hartzell would want us in the SEC if that wasn't their intention.

Our athletic department is anything but miserly. We make a lot of money, but we spend a lot of money. Lots of mouths to feed on the payroll.

42 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

Our athletic department is anything but miserly. We make a lot of money, but we spend a lot of money. Lots of mouths to feed on the payroll.

I’m talking about being on the cutting edge of recruiting, NIL, etc. I’m not talking about spending money on our programs. Compliance wets their own pants curtailing basic shit that other schools are already exploiting. Our own athletic department is consistently its own worst enemy in terms of most things other than making money. However, it looks like Eltife, Hartzell, and CDC (to an extent) are going to change that. 

Edited by MuellerHorn

What the fuck is happening?  Huge announcement this week and no one is interested in coming to the pool party and we've got more supposed leans committing elsewhere.  I know we've sucked for a decade but aggy has sucked for a century.  What is going on?
Aggy and everyone else is hitting recruits hard with the "no SEC till 2025" thing.

Oh, and money..sheep trailers full of money.

2 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

I’m talking about being on the cutting edge of recruiting, NIL, etc. I’m not talking about spending money on our programs. Compliance wets their own pants curtailing basic shit that other schools are already exploiting. Our own athletic department is consistently its own worst enemy in terms of most things other than making money. However, it looks like Eltife, Hartzell, and CDC (to an extent) are going to change that. 

How I see it--they didn't bring Texas to the SEC to fail.  Also, the former Bama coaches aren't here to lose out to compliance and flounder--pretty sure they have aspirations for better options one day. And they have to understand the role of boosters in all of this for recruiting purposes.  Or I'm hoping this is all the case, rather than just a bunch of fat cats getting paid. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

When Sark was first hired, I remember CTJ stepping in to temper our expectations regarding 2022 recruiting, explaining how far behind we were in the game and the negative recruiting we were up against. As months have passed, we seemed to have forgotten this, or just never wanted to believe it in the first place.

My big WTF has been in response to apparently getting caught sleeping at the start of the NIL race. I’m hoping this relates to the majority of focus being placed on the SEC move and not an outright failure to prepare. We’ll see…

Either way, there’s a lot of changes coming real fast and if Texas can stop stepping in its own really large dick, the future should be bright. I’m 100% certain the 2025 SEC entry date will hurt recruiting severely until that gets officially clarified.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ousux said:
8 hours ago, Burntcowboy said:
It’s definitely been a rough time. Maybe Jerry will step down soon. 

Doesnt matter, his clone will continue the decline. I used to have hope with Stephen, but he's been running things more than Jerry lately..fml.

stephen is not as smart as his daddy and even less charming. the future is bleak and dark and bereft of hope. 

2 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

When Sark was first hired, I remember CTJ stepping in to temper our expectations regarding 2022 recruiting, explaining how far behind we were in the game and the negative recruiting we were up against. As months have passed, we seemed to have forgotten this, or just never wanted to believe it in the first place.

My big WTF has been in response to apparently getting caught sleeping at the start of the NIL race. I’m hoping this relates to the majority of focus being placed on the SEC move and not an outright failure to prepare. We’ll see…

Either way, there’s a lot of changes coming real fast and if Texas can stop stepping in its own really large dick, the future should be bright. I’m 100% certain the 2025 SEC entry date will hurt recruiting severely until that gets officially clarified.

I agree, but the SEC stuff certainly happened at the Hartzell and Eltife levels, while the NIL stuff certainly could've been accomplished at the AD level. We can't just expect Eltife to do everyone's job at AD and below (not saying you suggested that).

Edited by KYHorn

10 hours ago, Burntcowboy said:

Hey Tex Pete, fuck off. If you think I’m an aggy troll you’re a dumb fuck. Kiss my ass you dipshit 

I just call ‘em like I see ‘em. I’ve seen hundreds of rival (and aggy) trolls on these boards over the years. 

My hope is that this latest whiff is bad enough for Sark to realize that he needs to make some changes, whether in terms of recruiting approach or recruiting personnel or putting pressure on his superiors to help figure out NIL, before the next offseason

Positive results on the field obviously would help, but these struggles are showing that there are flaws somewhere in the recruiting program that likely wouldn't have been exposed in the first full cycle in a normal year, but with the recruiting headwinds Sark is facing, he's being forced to confront them earlier. Will he move quickly to fix them?

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I just call ‘em like I see ‘em. I’ve seen hundreds of rival (and aggy) trolls on these boards over the years. 

You need to get your eyes checked then cause your way off base when it comes to my school loyalty. One of my daughters is still going to UT for grad school. I live30 miles from CS, no way I would join that cult 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting