Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Ok, I propose ShowMeALoss becomes the CEO of this turnkey program, SC and CTJ and Immamac get seats on the Board along with our foul mouthed Tom Herman clone. I get to sit in on the meetings just for the lulz, cause I fucking need them right now.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

There’s a lot of teams hitting the ground running to try and buy a championship, we SHOULD be trying to fund a dynasty that sits at or near the top.  

Sydney has been on point with the lack of coordination and competency in our AD, there is a lot of money on the sidelines without any direction.  Probably should put a sticky note on top that says “Schools don’t pay players, boosters pay players”.  That’s how the bag game works, that’s how NIL will work.  Lot of misconceptions about paying players.  

UT has a lot of money, sure.  But we have a huge brand, a lot of wealthy alums and a lot of alums who are passionate about football and willing to contribute.   BMD or 1k per year, they are all looking for guidance for who/what/when/how much and our AD should be leading that charge   

The earlier mention of a football only AD is spot on, someone who can actually run point instead of the multiple groups forming like CTJs and others who are likely overlapping and certainly less productive.

Phil knight paying 6 figs for Thibodeaux, Miller drawing 2M to play B-Ball at Tennessee state, Bo Nix at Bama, the entire Cane team getting paid along with King getting a 20k bonus on top, meanwhile at UT it looks like the dipshits at Surly are front running NIL for the university.  

ding ding ding. 

also, we’d be better off if someone would let the “dipshits from surly” run with this. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Ok, I propose ShowMeALoss becomes the CEO of this turnkey program, SC and CTJ and Immamac get seats on the Board along with our foul mouthed Tom Herman clone. I get to sit in on the meetings just for the lulz, cause I fucking need them right now.

$10 gets you the board observer status. $20 for the board seat!

33 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

There’s a lot of teams hitting the ground running to try and buy a championship, we SHOULD be trying to fund a dynasty that sits at or near the top.  

Sydney has been on point with the lack of coordination and competency in our AD, there is a lot of money on the sidelines without any direction.  Probably should put a sticky note on top that says “Schools don’t pay players, boosters pay players”.  That’s how the bag game works, that’s how NIL will work.  Lot of misconceptions about paying players.  

UT has a lot of money, sure.  But we have a huge brand, a lot of wealthy alums and a lot of alums who are passionate about football and willing to contribute.   BMD or 1k per year, they are all looking for guidance for who/what/when/how much and our AD should be leading that charge   

The earlier mention of a football only AD is spot on, someone who can actually run point instead of the multiple groups forming like CTJs and others who are likely overlapping and certainly less productive.

Phil knight paying 6 figs for Thibodeaux, Miller drawing 2M to play B-Ball at Tennessee state, Bo Nix at Bama, the entire Cane team getting paid along with King getting a 20k bonus on top, meanwhile at UT it looks like the dipshits at Surly are front running NIL for the university.  

Jesus! We fucking complain that we weren’t doing anything and now we are complaining that we are doing something. If a player shows up for an autograph session, everybody there should give him a $100 handshake. It’s not like that doesn’t happen anyway. We need to start acting like we have the biggest dick in the room and throw that sumbitch on the table. 

3 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Bag money is what I consider paying money to a recruit or student without the payor receiving anything similar of value.

Orangeblood paying players for interviews is legit because it boosts their visibility as a business.

Some rich lawyer paying a player $20k for his autograph doesn't seem like a legit business transaction. 

With that said, I will let this topic go. Obviously, there is enough interest from posters here to try to do it. I prefer to offer my support, as I posted in the following thread: "Surly Horns Burnt Ends NIL Program- How YOU can help Texas with the NIL right now!

"I own a full-service commercial solar business in California and have an installation partner based in Austin, TX who we are planning to buy. If you guys living in Texas can identify building owners (including UT campus) who are Texas alums and wouldn't mind going solar, we can pay the players a lot of money ($50-100k per site) for a cameo. Perhaps the player does the unveiling, signs autographs and take pictures, so the building owner gets to keep them as souvenirs or hang them on the walls. The building owner doesn't pay a dime for anything. We would pay for the system and pay the player for helping with the biz dev. It would be less work for all involved. I am just throwing it out there as an option that I can support."

This can be a huge money making machine given how many buildings and parking lots that could have solar on them.

Putting aside all of your pompous, uninformed effrontery, this solar suggestion from you is perfectly valid and is one of the use cases written but not willy nilly published here. Specifically, large service fee organizations, like mortgage companies - see @Wulaw Horn, solar installers (we have a background in solar as well), insurance, realtors, banking, wealth management, etc. Groups that make large fees on a new deal of one sort or another who could pay the typical referral portion in a different direction on a few accounts that the base brings in for the business. 

As to the point of about the autograph, Sydney already addressed it, but you're just hilariously wrong on that position and you do a strong job of pulling the bookshelf on top of yourself in a single post by then obliviously attempting to make the same argument in your favor. That was some good shit.

Also, tell Graeme at Axis hello for me. Good luck in the transaction.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Putting aside all of your pompous, uninformed effrontery, this solar suggestion from you is perfectly valid and is one of the use cases written but not willy nilly published here. Specifically, large service fee organizations, like mortgage companies - see @Wulaw Horn, solar installers (we have a background in solar as well), insurance, realtors, banking, wealth management, etc. Groups that make large fees on a new deal of one sort or another who could pay the typical referral portion in a different direction on a few accounts that the base brings in for the business. 

As to the point of about the autograph, Sydney already addressed it, but you're just hilariously wrong on that position and you do a strong job of pulling the bookshelf on top of yourself in a single post by then obliviously attempting to make the same argument in your favor. That was some good shit.

Also, tell Graeme at Axis hello for me. Good luck in the transaction.

We could work with a company like Axis (although I don't know them) that does the installation work. We will finance, own and operate, and pay the players for their appearances. Good money to be made here by everyone!

15 minutes ago, NoName said:

let's take NIL stuff where it goes: link

I just need some basic info. When people on here are using the term NIL are they talking about that new law that passed or the number of top recruits we've landed? At first I thought it might be the number of games that we will win in the southeastern conference but then I realized that this is not the football board.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I want Hudson Card to come to my birthday party. Who do I Venmo to make this happen? 

Can't you just get Laramie to handle the entertainment for your birthday party?  It's not that cool to pay people to come to your own birthday party. 

Or is Laramie too busy managing Tummies' financials?

5 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

I own a full-service commercial solar business in California

Wait, wait wait. You chose to sneeze idiot all over this board and then intentionally dox yourself? Where has the sanity gone?

I mean, fuck. I repped Uncle Buck today. This is not the world I want to live in. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

While it sucks that the top level guys aren't buying what the staff is selling, they would have just decommitted if the season didn't go as well as planned.

We can show well with good evals and good coaching, then get more of the high rated guys once we have on-field success.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Atticus said:

While it sucks that the top level guys aren't buying what the staff is selling, they would have just decommitted if the season didn't go as well as planned.

We can show well with good evals and good coaching, then get more of the high rated guys once we have on-field success.

We don't like earning stuff around here. Just give it to us.

14 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I actually like this one

https://www.nola.com/sports/high_schools/article_c12237a6-c7f7-11eb-9505-2bfddf7791d1.html

Ronald Lewis had never been to the state of Colorado before this past weekend, but when the Warren Easton cornerback arrived Friday at the University of Colorado for an official recruiting visit, he saw a familiar face: Former Easton running back Ashaad Clayton would be his tour guide for the three-day stay.

By Monday, Lewis felt ready to make a public declaration about his college plans — that he would choose Colorado ahead of 17 other schools that extended scholarship offers, he said.

In a Twitter message posted Monday, Lewis declared himself “110% Committed” to the Pac-12 Conference school.

The commitment had Lewis unsure about his planned visits to Oregon State and Purdue in the coming weeks, he said in a phone interview Monday. He also had a potential visit with West Virginia in the works.

Certainly, things can change between now and the December signing period, the earliest a senior can make his commitment official. But at this moment, Colorado is his preferred destination.

Having Clayton as his tour guide helped.

“He was like a big brother for me,” Lewis said about Clayton, a running back who scored two touchdowns as a Colorado freshman in 2020. “My freshman year was his junior year. I got a chance to play with him for two years. Both of those years we played for a state championship.”

The 247Sports Composite lists the three-star-rated Lewis as the No. 39 player in Louisiana for the 2022 signing class, putting him fifth among cornerbacks.

Nicknamed “Champ” by his father in homage to former NFL cornerback Champ Bailey, Lewis is sure to be a leading player on an Easton defense that expects to have nine starters back from a team that reached the Class 4A state semifinal round last season.

Lewis had eight interceptions and returned one for a touchdown. The Easton defense had a stretch of five games with one touchdown allowed last season.

After the season, Lewis received his first scholarship offers Jan. 11 — three in one day — from Tulane, Virginia and Southeastern Louisiana, he said. Colorado offered March 5.

Lewis will not be the only Easton player to decide between major college scholarship offers. Four-star-rated senior defense tackle Shone Washington is a former LSU commitment who could yet re-up his commitment there. Junior linebacker Jirrea Johnson and sophomore cornerback Wallace Foster are among other standouts.

The 6-foot-1, 170-pound Lewis made eight interceptions in 2020, with nine passes broken up. He possesses outstanding cover skills, 4.55 speed in the 40-yard dash, good length and ability to break quickly on the ball. Lewis transitions well with loose hips, showing good anticipation and tackling well in space.

Lewis ran a 14.3 seconds in the 110-meter hurdles and a 39.98 in the 300-meter hurdles this past track season.

The top 25 metro area 2022 recruit considered offers from Tulane, Oregon State, Kansas, ULL, ULM, West Virginia, Virginia, Utah State, Memphis, Marshall, Purdue, South Alabama, McNeese, Lamar and SLU.

Interestingly from a local perspective, the recruiting responsibilities for Lewis were handled by Colorado safeties coach Brett Maxie. The 59-year old assistant spent 13 seasons in the NFL, the first nine of those playing safety for the New Orleans Saints.

Edited by Bevo

18 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

fuck the ratings, dude seems excited about it.  what was the point of getting good coaches if we can't get 3-stars to play like 4/5 stars?

huff was a 3 star wasn't he?

I would ask if this was texags with comments like this, but do they still say this stuff over there?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting