Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-Recruiting-Weekend-round-up-breaks-down-new-Texas-offers-132900755/

From Roach:

—Texas also offered 2022 Lewisville wide receiver Armani Winfield. Winfield is one of the best receivers I’ve seen in the state, regardless of class. He’s a long-framed prospect with great smoothness and excellent route running ability. Winfield reminds me of former Cedar Hill wide receiver Charleston Rambo who is now at Oklahoma. Winfield already holds offers from just about every big name program in the country, but his trainer coaches Lil’Jordan Humphrey and Jerrod Heard, so there are definitely some links there. Winfield is still a long way off from making his decision.

IT

PAIR OF 2022s SEE AUSTIN 

As collegiate difference makers, Lewisville’s Armani Winfield and Denton Guyer’s Vincent Paige are on similar college trajectories. The difference as of now is one has all the offers he needs while the other is just beginning to scratch the surface of the college recruiting landscape.

They both tripped to Austin last week for an opportunity to camp with the UT coaches. One walked away with an offer (Winfield), the other took a step closer to receiving one (Paige).

Winfield, he 6-foot-2.5, 182-pound receiver from Lewisville, has all the suitors - Alabama, LSU, Florida, Ohio State. But after camping at SFA two weekends ago, Winfield told me he wanted to prove to UT that he was “offer worthy.” They obliged.

“This was exciting for me,” said Winfield. “This an offer I wanted. It’s big, big, big for me.”

Winfield hopes to return to Austin later this summer and he's eager to catch a game this fall. Coach Samples has been instrumental during this early pursuit.

“I spoke to Coach Herman, and he said they wanted to offer me,” Winfield explained. “I was just excited.”

As for Paige, the 6-foot-2, 215-pound defensive end from Denton Guyer burst on the scene after a strong showing at the SMU satellite camp a couple weeks back.

His explosion off the ball, feet, strong hands, and agility characterize the potential of this edge rusher. Texas left impressed with the budding DE.

After the SMU camp he was invited to Austin for one of the on-campus camps. He didn’t disappoint.

“I’m just happy to be in this position,” said Paige. “I keep pushing myself everyday. Learned a lot from Coach Giles to help with my pass rush and also to help my explosion.”

Texas focused on Paige, who recently picked up a Baylor offer, and who will see his offer list grow over the next 24 months.

“(Texas) wants me to set up a visit sometime next month,” Paige said. “Just getting to be coached by Coach Giles and being able to compete, that was the best part of the trip.”

He was blown away by seeing Target and Chick Fil-A on campus. “I didn’t know this place was so big.”

It's obviously early for 2022 recruiting but Winfield and Paige are two names to know.

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

I’m assuming Samples helped clear up the Margin Hooks bullshit? That dude went from going out if his way to shit on Texas and Herman to being as calm as a Hindu cow on the quick. He’s still a fucking dick but which trainer isn’t? 

I wasn't aware there was any beef.

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I wasn't aware there was any beef.

He and RJ (TTE) we’re leading the butthurt charge in DFW after Herman went so Houston heavy. Talked A LOT of shit at events about Texas and was pushing guys to TCU and then basically “anywhere but Texas”. Had his hand in the recruitments of Tommy Bush, Omar Manning, Eno Benjamin, Maureese Wren, Beason,  Majik Rector. 

He’s been back and forth with this staff before that, and since, but he and Henderson were both catalysts for a lot of shitslinging. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, golfclap said:

I’m assuming Samples helped clear up the Margin Hooks bullshit? That dude went from going out if his way to shit on Texas and Herman to being as calm as a Hindu cow on the quick. He’s still a fucking dick but which trainer isn’t? 

Image result for dafuq

Denver Harris is visiting, per IT:

CB Denver Harris, Galena Park North Shore (Houston, TX): It definitely caught Harris' attention that 2022 athlete Bryce Anderson was offered. The difference between Harris and Anderson is Anderson played some varsity ball. I understand the staff's policy but it's something they'll have to overcome. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not gonna lie, if there is one position to dominate on the recruiting trail for years on end I might choose OL first. While DL may be just as important on the field, it's also a position where you can play guys younger to escape a roster weak spot. Getting into a bad rut on the OL screws you for 3 seasons.

What I'm trying to say is that I approve of Herb Hand's, uh, handiwork. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Not gonna lie, if there is one position to dominate on the recruiting trail for years on end I might choose OL first. While DL may be just as important on the field, it's also a position where you can play guys younger to escape a roster weak spot. Getting into a bad rut on the OL screws you for 3 seasons.

Great job, Hand.

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

And I hear he knows his way around a grill/smoker to boot.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting