Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Poster from another board, some brief notes about UT's NIL presentation

Spoiler

I mentioned in a separate thread the other day my counterparts and I were going to present to Kevin Washington & a handful of current players the Turner Sports perspective on NIL & all the possibilities coming --- well, we did it and i have to say i'm even more eyes wide open at all the possibilities coming here. Not only are brands going to be reaching out to the players for potential endorsement/branded content deals, but based on what our head of "emerging media/innovation" showed us, there are several companies out there that have already been populating databases with players profiles as states approve these bills. For example, players from Florida & Georgia are already loaded in systems that calculate their "average value index" (AVI) based on a number of things (some no brainers, some interesting) including:
-Followers across all handles (of course)
-Brand Safety (we have been telling them this all week)
-Engagement per post (in priority order: Shares/Comments/Likes)
-Brand Representation (how leaned in players are to brand endorsements, etc)
-Several more factors...

In the end we saw examples from past seasons showing what guys like Joe Burrow would potentially be worth for an endorsed and you start getting well into 6 figures. Even finding benchmarks of a value of $0.80 per Instagram follower when companies evaluate you w/ variables equal. Staggering. Makes me wonder several things:
1) unless you are a surefire top 3 round pick, is it that much harder to leave early now that you can capitalize on rabid fandom one more year if this stuff really takes off?
2) Will UT & all other universities go next level trying to drive their own players "followers" up? Currently they are all tagged, but will be their a bigger push as part of recruiting high profile prospects to show how the AVI is maximized here?
3) We all know there will be craziness among the rabid fandoms finding ways to "pay their players" via endorsements, but just so curious how this will be regulated?

Anyway, thought i'd share. Side notes, we were joined by Coach Sark for a bit in between some family tours on campus. They have a video recording of the presentation, so hoping they take advantage of that and share w/ the families (like an Evan Stewart) while in town.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Poster from another board, some brief notes about UT's NIL presentation

Hide contents

I mentioned in a separate thread the other day my counterparts and I were going to present to Kevin Washington & a handful of current players the Turner Sports perspective on NIL & all the possibilities coming --- well, we did it and i have to say i'm even more eyes wide open at all the possibilities coming here. Not only are brands going to be reaching out to the players for potential endorsement/branded content deals, but based on what our head of "emerging media/innovation" showed us, there are several companies out there that have already been populating databases with players profiles as states approve these bills. For example, players from Florida & Georgia are already loaded in systems that calculate their "average value index" (AVI) based on a number of things (some no brainers, some interesting) including:
-Followers across all handles (of course)
-Brand Safety (we have been telling them this all week)
-Engagement per post (in priority order: Shares/Comments/Likes)
-Brand Representation (how leaned in players are to brand endorsements, etc)
-Several more factors...

In the end we saw examples from past seasons showing what guys like Joe Burrow would potentially be worth for an endorsed and you start getting well into 6 figures. Even finding benchmarks of a value of $0.80 per Instagram follower when companies evaluate you w/ variables equal. Staggering. Makes me wonder several things:
1) unless you are a surefire top 3 round pick, is it that much harder to leave early now that you can capitalize on rabid fandom one more year if this stuff really takes off?
2) Will UT & all other universities go next level trying to drive their own players "followers" up? Currently they are all tagged, but will be their a bigger push as part of recruiting high profile prospects to show how the AVI is maximized here?
3) We all know there will be craziness among the rabid fandoms finding ways to "pay their players" via endorsements, but just so curious how this will be regulated?

Anyway, thought i'd share. Side notes, we were joined by Coach Sark for a bit in between some family tours on campus. They have a video recording of the presentation, so hoping they take advantage of that and share w/ the families (like an Evan Stewart) while in town.

Wheres the genius poster who said almost no one in college is going to be able to make shit? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

SIAP, but this sounds like his visit after 7-on-7 will be an unofficial.  

Following the visit to Texas, Anderson will sit down with his family and let them know if he has a decision, or if he needs to push back his commitment date and make an official visit to Texas at a later date. Anderson has been planning to announce July 4.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wheres the genius poster who said almost no one in college is going to be able to make shit? 

I assume in hiding after everyone showed him that even small / niche streamers are making $$

People are dumb.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting