Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

9 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Is Jake langi actually improving our chances of landing any of these Polynesian players?

Langi actually does help out a lot with the poly’s. He’s not going to close on them, but he helps a lot 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lol what do you think lower level staffers do? His job is to set the table for the coaches.

Hit rate seems very low on these guys if you aren’t usc, nd or Utah. Time and effort would be better served elsewhere. 

15 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Is Jake langi actually improving our chances of landing any of these Polynesian players?

He’s currently 0’fer.  I am trying to understand why we waste time on these kids with  his “strong Polynesian” ties and none ever come to Austin. Makes no sense

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Maybe we should stop recruiting players outside the state of Texas since the hit rate is low with any subgroup of OOS players you choose.

I’m not mad that we go after these guys but we talk about langi as much or more than any other staffer and he’s done nothing but eat on the OV and turn down the A/C. 

• Haha 4

Just now, utfan87 said:

I’m not mad that we go after these guys but we talk about langi as much or more than any other staffer and he’s done nothing but eat on the OV and turn down the A/C. 

Who is "we"? EJ Holland had a bit where he talked about Polynesian ties in every recruiting article he did but otherwise he barely gets the exposure that Brandon Harris does or Carrington did.

If you interpret him being active on social media as a sign of him being a lynchpin of our recruiting operations, that's on you.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

This is such a strange thing to get fixated on. Having a large, competent staff of on-field assistants + staffers means you can expend effort into many recruitments at once, even the semi-longshots. It's especially strange when you consider that we probably have more irons in the fire at linebacker than any other position.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This is such a strange thing to get fixated on. Having a large, competent staff of on-field assistants + staffers means you can expend effort into many recruitments at once, even the semi-longshots. It's especially strange when you consider that we probably have more irons in the fire at linebacker than any other position.

And Poly kids are naturally going to be mostly out of state. He's going to have a lower hit rate than other guys.

Edited by texifornia

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

I guess marquee letters are all the rage on recruiting visits now. We need to set up one of those virtual Unreal Engine greenscreen sets like for the Mandalorian for our photo ops now. I'm only half-joking.

11 minutes ago, Xminus6 said:

I guess marquee letters are all the rage on recruiting visits now. We need to set up one of those virtual Unreal Engine greenscreen sets like for the Mandalorian for our photo ops now. I'm only half-joking.

I'm partial to this idea:

On 6/8/2021 at 1:52 PM, Sgt. Slaughter said:

If always thought they should invest in a steadicam and create gifs for recruits.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

That little guy in the #3 jersey does not hold an offer, nor is he 5’10”.  And I realize I edited my previous post.  I just like when there is the potential for 8-10 years of good DB play out of one family.

I legitimately didn't even see the kid in the #3 jersey. 🤣

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting