Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

it’s a stupid and embarrassing mistake and you should be ashamed of your grasp of basic english. 

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

You didn't capitalize the first word of your sentence, how rudimentary of you.

Animated GIF

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MiddleTex said:

It’s not a pessimistic take, just the most likely outcome. Banks seems like he’s all aggy, on the up and up or not. And D Cambell seems to have a good amount of Alabama momentum. 
If I’m completely wrong, my mistake. 

Banks is faaaar from "all aggy," our staff's closing ability notwithstanding. And the school making a run at Campbell is OU, not Bama.

Edited by texifornia

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahahahaha. What the fuck is this shit?

Listen, when the idiots went all in on Herman, I wanted Fuente at the time and I was simultaneously right and wrong, it turns out. Right about Herman, who purely fucking sucked, and wrong about Fuente. I'm glad Texas didn't wind up with him. He's running a program that is rotting from the inside at VT right now. They have an amazingly shitty culture, high turnover, and bad guys all over the place with middling results. 

As far as Sarkisian goes, not many here were high on the guy. He's hired a great staff. Our choices are to run around on the boards shouting that he sucks and anyone thinking otherwise is an idiot and we're all fucked again, or hoping he stays off the sauce and brings Texas back to power. After a couple of years of 7-Win-Steve, many of us will throw in the towel. Choosing not to do so right now doesn't make us ignorant, it just makes our lives more fun.

You guys capitulating to despair ahead of actual results is your own choice, and the rest of us don't have to take that trip into the fucking tumbledown with you, sorry.

Dude you use a lot of words but this is well put.   I thought the last 6 hires sucked and was wrong about one of them.  

Maybe if he stays sober he will become a good HC?  Who fucking knows, I guess we will over the next few years.  At least we can look forward to knowing the last fuckface is no longer tanking our season.

1 hour ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

I can lay out what I heard from Texas as far as how things went last weekend on Cam's visit. Monday morning, they felt like he was committed. Texas validated his commitment status early Tuesday morning. I don't know shit about what happened between when my people received that confirmation and today. I can tell you Texas is not happy about losing him this way. Hopefully they're upset enough to make them stop being so relaxed regarding the commitment status of what's now been two targets that have seemingly pulled the rug out from under them. Regardless, this is an outright loss on a prospect that had committed to Texas just days ago and had been made a priority by Flood after offering. There's not a reason to spin it as anything else, and any pessimism regarding Flood I'll admit to being warranted at this point. We've all seen good on-field coaches in the past that can't recruit or can't close, and everyone probably knows how it works out. At best, you become ND, starved of the talent you need to get over the hump. At worst, we're hiring someone else in 2 years and proclaiming them the savior of the program or the nail in the current HC's coffin.

"Player XYZ was committed/was all Texas until something changed in the last 48 hours!" is beginning to sound like a fairy tale to me. Our $9.95ers like to peddle that horseshit, too. Makes their subscribers feel good - subtly shift a little blame onto a 17 year old kid instead of pointing out our coaches' failure. I'm out on believing that line from now on.

7 minutes ago, tokamak said:

"Player XYZ was committed/was all Texas until something changed in the last 48 hours!" is beginning to sound like a fairy tale to me. Our $9.95ers like to peddle that horseshit, too. Makes their subscribers feel good - subtly shift a little blame onto a 17 year old kid instead of pointing out our coaches' failure. I'm out on believing that line from now on.

Have you ever met a 17 year old?

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Have you ever met a 17 year old?

Yeah. They tend to change their minds. That's my point. It's why, for example, I might be hesitant to turn away another prospect based on a super secret maybe-committment-maybe-not coming immediately off the high of an OV.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You sneaky motherfucker, just trying to sneak this in? The last 100 yard sprints we did, you weren’t within 10 yards of me at the finish. 

One of my favorite guys at law school was this dumbfuck from the DFW area that went to Ole Miss and then ended up at law school in St Louis. Every time he’d get drunk he’d walk around wanting to headbutt people. As my law school was populated by a bunch of prissy nancies and manlets everyone would get all hot and bothered and upset. I was generally down to give him what he wanted and then we’d laugh and finish a beer. Anyway- that guy was a little odd, but I’m now picturing you having one to many and agitating everyone in the room to run a 100 yard dash to see what’s up and who has the need for speed. 
I’m sure that’s not reality but when anyone starts out a sentence with “the last 100 yard sprints we did...” I chuckle a little and think of drunken stumbling around and buffoonery. 

1 hour ago, MiddleTex said:

It’s not a pessimistic take, just the most likely outcome. Banks seems like he’s all aggy, on the up and up or not. And D Cambell seems to have a good amount of Alabama momentum. 
If I’m completely wrong, my mistake. 

Your opinions are very predictable but what I can’t figure out is how you have internet service in your meth riddled trailer park. Good for you!

• Like 1

I’m just going to say this and it’s not sour grapes or anything because I know shot all about recruiting and know even less than that about OL specifically but seeing a 3 star that goes 4 bills at 17 years old not pick my school isn’t going to cause me to go swinging from the shower rod. 
I’ve long been a proponent of the idea that if you sign 25 every year with 1 QB that you like at a school like Texas and don’t have brain dead morons on the coaching staff you will be just fine. The prevalence of the portal, low level college football free agency and the coming of what I think will be pretty substantial money for NIL at a place like Texas if we don’t fuck it up only adds to this belief we will probably be fine. 
Just have to keep signing full classes (recruits plus transfers), ruthlessly processing the dead weight and finishing off roster holes with 2-5 upper class transfers every year and we should be just fine. 

We are about to have every advantage possible. If we fuck it up we deserve what we get. 

• Hook 'Em 8

13 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Your opinions are very predictable but what I can’t figure out is how you have internet service in your meth riddled trailer park. Good for you!

Believe it or not, Spectrum’s Internet Gig seems to work pretty well for me in North Dallas. 
Sweet ad hominem, too

• Fuck You 3

33 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

@closetojumping

Are your comments on Banks reactionary anger from Cam or have you received new info in the last 24 hrs.? I recall you saying Banks is still in a day or so ago. 

No intel. Just handwringing like everyone else. 

32 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

One of my favorite guys at law school was this dumbfuck from the DFW area that went to Ole Miss and then ended up at law school in St Louis. Every time he’d get drunk he’d walk around wanting to headbutt people. As my law school was populated by a bunch of prissy nancies and manlets everyone would get all hot and bothered and upset. I was generally down to give him what he wanted and then we’d laugh and finish a beer. Anyway- that guy was a little odd, but I’m now picturing you having one to many and agitating everyone in the room to run a 100 yard dash to see what’s up and who has the need for speed. 
I’m sure that’s not reality but when anyone starts out a sentence with “the last 100 yard sprints we did...” I chuckle a little and think of drunken stumbling around and buffoonery. 

Ha. That’s never been me. Whatever I am, fratdouche meathead isn’t it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m not saying to be a bitch but that’s what most of you are.

Maybe Sark blows but let’s wait until we see Banks and Campbell. Maybe they go Aggy or something but you can’t judge a man by missing on a 3 star(which clearly we need and wanted) when there are bigger fishes out there.

Brooks was never coming. Every official in AUSTIN is lit. 

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No intel. Just handwringing like everyone else. 

Ha. That’s never been me. Whatever I am, fratdouche meathead isn’t it. 

Didn’t figure it was but it’s a funny mental picture to imagine every time you have one too many challenging the room to a foot race. Probably make Festivus feats of strength fun as well. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Been all over the world. The west side of Galveston is great. If you’ve tried it and didn’t enjoy it, you did it wrong. 

Yep. Family has a place down in Pirate's. More than enough down there to keep a person happy and content. 

He told his coaches and teammates last night/yesterday the pick was Texas. He showed his Texas commitment edit to basketball teammates after practice this week. He has already done his commitment interview with quotes with a Texas 9.99er, though they won’t admit it so that they don’t burn any bridges. So again if it’s Oregon something happened or Big Cam did a great job trolling a lot of people. 
$9.99'er? These literary geniuses are pricing themselves right out of the market these days..

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Whiteboy Awesome Friday

In the time of NIL , it's in nobodies interest for Texas to be " back".

any school with the means, and any ambition to try and compete for a national championship will have knives out for Texas. 

National media will quote anonymous sources about how Sark can't cut it. 

SEC talking heads will say Texas is irrelevant. 

And any school that's playing the game will pull out the stops to take " our" prospects. 

Silents/ leans will miraculously commit to another school out of the blue. Please see Demas, Leal et al. 

In a lot of peoples minds Texas may have finally reached a tipping point on the path back to greatness. The administration and boosters finally coming together to hire an outstanding staff. The money end with NIL coming together. And other schools see this. Andnits in their interest,  now more than ever , to try and put a stick in our spokes at any turn. 

Get used to the Cam Williams thing till we have the record on the field to counter the knives in the dark. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Lafitte’s. Christ. Meeting people from the Internet is always terrifying. DM me if you’re around this weekend in that vicinity.  

Podcast time. Let's take bets on if Mr 100 yard sprints is more or less mouth-breathy than Roach. 

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting