Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 hours ago, horn4life said:

I speak from experience, you speak from?

Comparing an assistant coaches salary to $100-200K illegal payment is simply a huge stretch. And by definition, a coach is NOT a teammate.  I'm just saying the most greedy kids may have talent.  But, more often than not, they are not good team leaders, and not the best teammates.  Also when you start down the bag man route you then have to compete within your own recruiting pool when the kids talk about who got what.  Johnny Manziel made shit tons of money while in college, but was he ever a good teammate? 

I safely stand by my original statement. 

I speak from results. It’s the difference between Michigan’s roster and Ohio State’s roster. One doesn’t pay and the other does. Michigan wins 9-10 games a year and doesn’t sniff the playoffs. Ohio State wins 11+ games and is always in the hunt for the playoffs.

It is a fact that the teams who drop bags end up winning and being contenders in the CFP. If these bad character bag holders were so terrible then why do they experience so much success in winning as well as NFL draft picks?

You might have experience but it sounds outdated and stale.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, horn4life said:

And LSU went down the drain the following year.. I know all kids aren't clean.  But if you think you can fill up Austin with a bunch of dirty kids and not have it get out, you aren't too bright.  I guess I am a dolt, in that I have at least some degree of principles.  But again, the spotlight put on Texas, and the absolute fucking hatred of us by so very, very, very many, would doom the bag man approach here. 

Wow. You have drank the kool-aid. You think there would be some conspiracy to bring Texas down if we were thrust into the spotlight? Why hasn’t anyone taken Bama down (i.e. Auburn)? They hate Bama more than anyone and Saban has won 6 national championships since he arrived. If hasn’t happened to them then it won’t happen to us.

Also, the most dominant team in UT history wasn’t made up of choir boys. 2005 was full of gun totin, weed smokin, drunk party boys. Need that edge to win sometimes.

• Hook 'Em 1

Recruiting is so crazy now that the initial commitment is worthless. Between keeping them committed until signing day, keeping them out of the portal, and the 50% bust factor there's only like a 10-15% chance that said committed played turns into a contributor. 

There has to be a way to weed out the kids who are on the take, like weeding out the one-and-done basketball recruits. Perhaps only recruit the kids who list ND, Michigan, Cal, and Stanford? That sounds like a winning strategy.

Back to the subject of bags, what did we tell the coaches who came here from places like Bama?  There had to be some promises made to convince them to make the move.

1 minute ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

There has to be a way to weed out the kids who are on the take, like weeding out the one-and-done basketball recruits. Perhaps only recruit the kids who list ND, Michigan, Cal, and Stanford? That sounds like a winning strategy.

Back to the subject of bags, what did we tell the coaches who came here from places like Bama?  There had to be some promises made to convince them to make the move.

I think we just handed them bags.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

We thought that Banks was one of the weeded out kids. And then, out of nowhere in the last few days, Oregon offered him a giant bag and he decided "fuck it, let's take the cash and go to the PNW".

6 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I thought they were already making obscene salaries…with no restraints. 

Banks got a hefty raise. Not sure what davis was making in the NFL or wherever he came from, not as much as here. Banks has kids here and figured if he wasnt going to get a shit at OC then he might as well get paid over a million to recruit Texas kids to stay at Texas. 

Coaches can’t cheat without a cheating infrastructure in place. Texas doesn’t have one. Coaches aren’t cutting checks out of their own money. 

The issue with the old BMDs not wanting to play the bag game has been covered extensively over the years, but where the hell are our young(er) rich alums? I know @closetocarton alluded to some sort of beef with CDC, but I guess I missed the details on that…real nice of them to cut off our nose to spite our face though.

37 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Banks got a hefty raise. Not sure what davis was making in the NFL or wherever he came from, not as much as here. Banks has kids here and figured if he wasnt going to get a shit at OC then he might as well get paid over a million to recruit Texas kids to stay at Texas. 

Coaches can’t cheat without a cheating infrastructure in place. Texas doesn’t have one. Coaches aren’t cutting checks out of their own money. 

I've seen blue chips, where is our JT Walsh character

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

The football team brings in more revenue than your kids ever will, my friend.

No shit bitch.  Was a simple question of minimum standards. 

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Poolflood is actually Joe Jamail Senior, so he’s got you. 

He is 122 years old and full of piss and vinegar. And probably chlorine.

Ghost of Monsignor.  You of all people Don.  You of all people.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Poolflood said:

No shit bitch.  Was a simple question of minimum standards. 

Ghost of Monsignor.  You of all people Don.  You of all people.

Minimum standard is "whatever gets you past the NCAA Clearinghouse and into our tutoring program." Same as it ever was. Not like the players used to be any smarter, they just didn't have Instagram.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Minimum standard is "whatever gets you past the NCAA Clearinghouse and into our tutoring program." Same as it ever was. Not like the players used to be any smarter, they just didn't have Instagram.

You be happy with minimum.   I'll even pos rep you sir!

16 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I think the point about ASU was that the NCAA doesn’t investigate blatant cheating by certain schools (mostly SEC! Nike!), but they will pursue a lesser school when given the case on a silver platter via self-reporting or a whistleblower. “Look at us doing our job!”

Fucking Oregon was a pioneer in using street agents 10-15 years ago. Probably before that, because time flies and shit. 

Check these out.. https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://media.oregonlive.com/ducks_impact/other/Invoices and Checks - UO to Five Parties - 2006 .pdf

• Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Earnest-Greene-46080544/

does he track at tackle in college?

also in terms of Tackle options, would Jaylen Early be an option? seems like hes trending to Florida State at the moment.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaylen-Early-46082827/

Fuck you and Duncanville athletes

Edited by utfan87

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting