Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

What WR play have you seen this year from Texas that would make you want to come here if you were a 5 star recruit? You have to have a product to sell, give the man some time

The game Whittington had against the Cajuns and this last game from Worthy is encouraging. Sark should also easily be able to sell what happens if he can get more speed on the field. 

Also not sure why Carl is so triggering for some of you.

Edited by SarkAfterDark

14 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Also not sure why Carl is so triggering for some of you.

Not sure how long you’ve been around, but he’s gone through at least half a dozen handles on this website getting crowd sourced for inane bullshit each time.  People are just speeding up the process at this point. He’s deservedly lost the benefit of the doubt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry:

As posted earlier this AM, No. 55 Kristopher Ross (Houston North Shore) will make his official visit to Texas this weekend. Ole Miss defensive line coach Randall Joyner is working to make a push. To the point of telling Ross the Longhorns have a lot of defensive linemen committed, and that Ole Miss believes Aaron Bryant, Jaray Bledsoe and Justice Finkley all end up inside. TCU, Oklahoma and LSU are also still in contact. 

No. 12 Denver Harris (Houston North Shore) is a maybe to announce on Wednesday, his 18th birthday. Alabama still receives the most mention at North Shore. A little Texas. LSU very little. But the news is Texas A&M is working very hard to make a positive move late. The Aggies aren't out of this one.

20 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

Harris doesn’t even want to go to A&M, yet as of this morning they are “all of a sudden” a major player in his recruitment. 

Does anyone think it’s because Jimbo and Co. are just such gosh darn good recruiters? We are in a fire fight and Sark has been supplied with a musket. 

When they're referencing a "positive move", what they mean is the kind of move that has 4 wheels, is made in England, is a hit in Africa and with trophy wives here. I still don't know if it matters, because the player isn't psyched about the ATM program. Assume Bama until he says otherwise at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I have been up to my ass in alligators for the past few months and especially the last week, but I have had a few quick conversations for you guys to do with as you may. Don't attempt to murder me due to some of the following:

-Barring a typical Mullen collapse, Stewart is fully digging The Swamp. One of Sarkisian's dumber moves so far has been taking the Cali QB that no players in Texas know and passing on the multitude of comparable or better QBs in Texas that have now all gone elsewhere, including Stewart's buddy who is committed to Florida. "A team of Southern California's best players would beat a team of Texas' best recruits 9 out of 10 years." Right-o, Seven Win Steve! Hey, by the way, there's a new regime at Southern Cal looking for a new HC. Maybe they can't google and have amnesia and your resume might look awesome to them?

-Bama should be considered the chalk pick for Skinner now. Some of this recruitment is being done just to show Banks who's got the nuts. 

-Ask yourself what a silent commitment is worth these days. Now ask yourself why Sarkisian isn't doing the same. I don't know that answer myself, but hey, if you add up the latest along with those from the spring, you've got the makings of a top 3 class, guys. Sleep better knowing that.

-There's some legitimacy to the Brockermeyer stuff, but that shit seems farfetched and a long walk from here. 

I do remind myself that in every one of these recruiting cycles, there are times where things look worse than they really are, and there are times where things look better than they really are. My hope is that the sentiments at the moment from folks are as mercurial as we'd like them to be, and that this staff gets its fucking shit together and figures out a way to go 3-0 against the next 3 very beatable opponents. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have been up to my ass in alligators for the past few months and especially the last week, but I have had a few quick conversations for you guys to do with as you may. Don't attempt to murder me due to some of the following:

-Barring a typical Mullen collapse, Stewart is fully digging The Swamp. One of Sarkisian's dumber moves so far has been taking the Cali QB that no players in Texas know and passing on the multitude of comparable or better QBs in Texas that have now all gone elsewhere, including Stewart's buddy who is committed to Florida. "A team of Southern California's best players would beat a team of Texas' best recruits 9 out of 10 years." Right-o, Seven Win Steve! Hey, by the way, there's a new regime at Southern Cal looking for a new HC. Maybe they can't google and have amnesia and your resume might look awesome to them?

-Bama should be considered the chalk pick for Skinner now. Some of this recruitment is being done just to show Banks who's got the nuts. 

-Ask yourself what a silent commitment is worth these days. Now ask yourself why Sarkisian isn't doing the same. I don't know that answer myself, but hey, if you add up the latest along with those from the spring, you've got the makings of a top 3 class, guys. Sleep better knowing that.

-There's some legitimacy to the Brockermeyer stuff, but that shit seems farfetched and a long walk from here. 

I do remind myself that in every one of these recruiting cycles, there are times where things look worse than they really are, and there are times where things look better than they really are. My hope is that the sentiments at the moment from folks are as mercurial as we'd like them to be, and that this staff gets its fucking shit together and figures out a way to go 3-0 against the next 3 very beatable opponents. 

pissing in my cheerios :(

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

When they're referencing a "positive move", what they mean is the kind of move that has 4 wheels, is made in England, is a hit in Africa and with trophy wives here. I still don't know if it matters, because the player isn't psyched about the ATM program. Assume Bama until he says otherwise at this point. 

British Design GIF by Namaste Car

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sounds like we're bringing a pocket knife to a gun fight.

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Idk who this latest is you're referencing, but our silent + decommit class would be off the chain. 

I could have sworn one of the most recent DL recruits stated the staff wouldn’t accept a silent commit and he had to go public. I could be remembering wrong or I guess it could vary but who the recruiter is. But if we accepted a silent from Thompson just so he could go to the ATM/Bama game fuck that noise. Staff should no longer be accepting silent at this point for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I could have sworn one of the most recent DL recruits stated the staff wouldn’t accept a silent commit and he had to go public. I could be remembering wrong or I guess it could vary but who the recruiter is. But if we accepted a silent from Thompson just so he could go to the ATM/Bama game fuck that noise. Staff should no longer be accepting silent at this point for obvious reasons.

I get it, but what are they going to say..besides thank you, hope you announce it publicly soon?  They gonna threaten Brenan with "if you don't make it public in 72 hours we'll move on"?

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I get it, but what are they going to say..besides thank you, hope you announce it publicly soon?  They gonna threaten Brenan with "if you don't make it public in 72 hours we'll move on"?

Fair point here. Obviously can't do that, but I think you can basically tell them that a silent doesn't mean shit. I'd say, great, thanks, that's awesome, but if you don't announce within 1-2 weeks we're considering you an uncommitted prospect and your spot won't be reserved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Fair point here. Obviously can't do that, but I think you can basically tell them that a silent doesn't mean shit. I'd say, great, thanks, that's awesome, but if you don't announce within 1-2 weeks we're considering you an uncommitted prospect and your spot won't be reserved.

Gerry has been hinting that his commit will happen early next month to middle 

14 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

We have a lot more leverage at DL than WR at the moment. Wouldn't be surprising if different position groups were being told different things on the subject.

• Hook 'Em 3

Nahlin per @closetojumping I’d assume:

IT caught up with a long-term source to get the perspective from outside the market on a couple of elite talents the Texas staff is after.

Evan Stewart: The On3 five-star from Frisco Liberty is the biggest need in the Texas class. Our trusted source based in the southeast would have a hard time seeing Stewart end up anywhere but the University of Florida. This source, with ties to the Gators staff, was confident in UF’s chances even before Dan Mullen landed Flower Mound quarterback Nick Evers in the spring. The addition of Evers has been big for the Gators. This source also said there are some in Stewart’s camp that prefer the proven head coaching track record of Dan Mullen to Steve Sarkisian, who is more of an unknown. They like Sark the recruiter but Sark the head coach has more questions. With an unmatched track record, this source also said to continue to watch out for Nick Saban and Alabama, which we already knew. 

Texas isn’t being discounted but I think UT’s chances are being undersold by the source. However, he does have the pulse of the Florida side.

Jaleel Skinner: The IMG five-star tight end recently took in the Florida vs Alabama game in Gainesville, but this source felt he was there to see Bama more than UF. IT hears Alabama is the most likely destination, but it doesn’t necessarily sound like Bama is in love with Skinner despite his immense gifts. He fancies himself more of a wide receiver, than tight end. 

While I’m reminded of Ricky Seals-Jones, Nick Saban is probably getting recent flashbacks of Jahleel Billingsley. Billingsley, is a similarly talented TE. Saban said this a month ago:

“That’s up to him. That’s not up to me,” Saban said Saturday. “He knows what he’s supposed to do in practice. He’s known what he’s supposed to do. This is not a democracy. Everybody doesn’t get to do what they want to do. Everybody doesn’t get to do what they feel like doing. You got to buy in and do what you’re supposed to do to be a part of the team and do the things you need to do in practice every day. Sense of urgency, play fast, execute, do your job.”

From IT’s vantage, the rumor of Florida State backing off of Skinner is true. We’ve heard he didn’t have a great official visit to Tallahassee on September 5th.

Our source in Florida hears Texas is running second to Bama which aligns with what we’ve heard elsewhere.

Skinner is set to announce on October 9th.

Florida's passing game has been pretty crappy so far this year - Jones has 6 ypa and 2 TD to 5 INT. For comparison, Card and Casey are both over 8 ypa with combined 5 TDs and 1 INT.

So if Casey puts up good numbers and UF struggles to throw against decent opponents, we may have more to point to.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Florida's passing game has been pretty crappy so far this year - Jones has 6 ypa and 2 TD to 5 INT. For comparison, Card and Casey are both over 8 ypa with combined 5 TDs and 1 INT.

So if Casey puts up good numbers and UF struggles to throw against decent opponents, we may have more to point to.

Facts and logic have 0 to do with recruitment. You just had someone say with a straight face "proven head coaching track record of Dan Mullen" and call that a positive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Florida losing to Bama by 2 and us getting absolutely smoked in all three phases of the game by one of the worst teams in the SEC last year overcomes any statistical analysis of ypa between the two teams.

But yeah, if Florida loses a few games and the passing game continues to struggle, and we turn it around, then we're back in it. But that's the case with everyone... 

36 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Facts and logic have 0 to do with recruitment. You just had someone say with a straight face "proven head coaching track record of Dan Mullen" and call that a positive.

I mean, sure, but his team has finished ranked 7th, 6th, and 13th the last three years. Sark's best finish ever was #20, back in 2014.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Apparently CTJ and Nahlin have the same source. I wonder if they all were on  had a 3 way together. But I also can’t believe someone  typed Mullen has a proven head coach tracking record with a straight face.

FIFY

Edited by JesusSweatDuck
typo
  • Haha 1

TFB on Denver Harris:

Spoiler

The long time priority for Texas is getting closer and closer to making a decision. However, before he makes a public commitment, K says Harris is likely to drop a top two to declare his finalists sometime this week.

With that said, we do not expect Texas to make the cut in the top two for Harris.

Texas has been making a strong push to get Jaylon Guilbeau back in the fold and he obviously remains a top priority with news of Harris’ top two.

Edited by Ill
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Ill said:

TFB on Denver Harris:

Hide contents

The long time priority for Texas is getting closer and closer to making a decision. However, before he makes a public commitment, K says Harris is likely to drop a top two to declare his finalists sometime this week.

With that said, we do not expect Texas to make the cut in the top two for Harris.

Texas has been making a strong push to get Jaylon Guilbeau back in the fold and he obviously remains a top priority with news of Harris’ top two.

Bama and Aggy?? damn

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting