Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If the NIL had been weaponized, poaching OL would be a lot easier, since we could offer them a package to come to Texas. Guys starting at other P5 schools who would normally be considered off-limits or not interested in shaking up their situation now all of a sudden might be interested in making a change. 

I think it explicitly states in the NIL rules that it can't be used to entice recruits to sign. I am sure there is creative positioning that can take place on that, hell, we could just buy them all land rovers. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I think it explicitly states in the NIL rules that it can't be used to entice recruits to sign. I am sure there is creative positioning that can take place on that, hell, we could just buy them all land rovers. 

Perhaps something like a crowdfunded NIL deal for a position group where any recruit at that position knows when they step on campus they get paid?  Something like that?

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If the NIL had been weaponized, poaching OL would be a lot easier, since we could offer them a package to come to Texas. Guys starting at other P5 schools who would normally be considered off-limits or not interested in shaking up their situation now all of a sudden might be interested in making a change. 

I'm purchasing Powerball tickets as we speak.

Per TFB, via a screenshot on IT, Denver Harris is down to Alabama or LSU, though TFB concedes that Harris may give Texas another visit they don't believe it will 'move the needle'.

TFB goes on to say that Corey Raymond (DB coach at LSU) is the reason for Harris interest in LSU and that as long as he remains at LSU they will be 'in the race' and possibly even the favorite - over Alabama.

14 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

So Denver Harris was down to Bama and Aggy and Texas was out, but he may or may not come in for a visit to Texas this weekend.

Also, now LSU leads because Corey Raymond even though they're a dumpster fire.

And Corey Raymond is going to be out on his ass when Orgeron gets fired.  

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but Denver Harris doesn't strike me as stupid. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I don't have access to IT, but I guess they're reporting that Quency Wiggins and Jacoby Matthews will be in on October 16th.

Sheesh the coaches better start studying film on OSU asap. Can't shit the bed in that game with all those prospects on hand

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

And Corey Raymond is going to be out on his ass when Orgeron gets fired.  

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but Denver Harris doesn't strike me as stupid. 

If that happens, we need to back up the fucking brinks truck for the guy. Can't risk him going to a Bama, OU, or aggy

• Hook 'Em 3

Five-star returning to Texas (again)

Steve Wiltfong

Spoiler

Five-star returning to Texas (again)

Steve Wiltfong

For a second-straight weekend Texas will host one of the nation's best prospects.

Cypress (Texas) Cy Park five-star Harold Perkins will be in Austin as the Longhorns host Texas Tech. Perkins was on campus for last Saturday's win over Rice and he took his official back in June.

"He enjoyed it but we made it up there late because his high school game had an hour delay for lighting," Perkins uncle Alvin Walton said of last weekend. "He wants to see and experience the entire game day festivities before and during the game.

Steve Sarkisian and the Longhorns are sitting on the 247Sports Composite's No. 3 recruiting class.

Perkins is the 247Sports Composite's top-ranked linebacker and No. 14 prospect overall.

"Put together well with a lean, athletic build," 247Sports National Analyst Gabe Brooks wrote in his evaluation. "Not overly long but good height and has some space to add mass in college. Dynamic two-way player with big-play ability with the ball in his hands and as an attacking defender. Legitimately could be a high-major running back prospect in addition to elite linebacker recruit. Outstanding tester in a combine setting (4.49 40 prior to junior season). Athleticism jumps off the screen. Flashes home run-hitting speed as a ball carrier that translates to broad pursuit range on defense. Displays consistent back-side chase-down athleticism. Fluidity shows in running back touches and in redirecting ability on defense. Often plays from the edge but also plays off the ball. Lines up at receiver, running back, and wingback for a wing-T offense. Easy athleticism that makes tough plays look less challenging than they really are. Size will dictate an off-ball role in college, but flashes impressive dip and pass-rush feel off the edge. Generally a sure tackler who can provide the big hit. Honing coverage technique will enhance positional and situational flexibility as a defender. Gets over-aggressive at times and can run himself out of position. Good play strength relative to size but will still need added mass and strength as he progresses to the next level. Size and average length could become an issue against big, athletic tight ends at the next level. Nevertheless, among the top prospects in Texas for his class and one of the top linebackers nationally. Possesses the potential to become a multi-year impact starter at the high-major level with long-term early-round NFL Draft upside."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Spoiler

For a second-straight weekend Texas will host one of the nation's best prospects.

Cypress (Texas) Cy Park five-star Harold Perkins will be in Austin as the Longhorns host Texas Tech. Perkins was on campus for last Saturday's win over Rice and he took his official back in June.

"He enjoyed it but we made it up there late because his high school game had an hour delay for lighting," Perkins uncle Alvin Walton said of last weekend. "He wants to see and experience the entire game day festivities before and during the game.

Steve Sarkisian and the Longhorns are sitting on the 247Sports Composite's No. 3 recruiting class.

COMMENTS
Perkins is the 247Sports Composite's top-ranked linebacker and No. 14 prospect overall.

"Put together well with a lean, athletic build," 247Sports National Analyst Gabe Brooks wrote in his evaluation. "Not overly long but good height and has some space to add mass in college. Dynamic two-way player with big-play ability with the ball in his hands and as an attacking defender. Legitimately could be a high-major running back prospect in addition to elite linebacker recruit. Outstanding tester in a combine setting (4.49 40 prior to junior season). Athleticism jumps off the screen. Flashes home run-hitting speed as a ball carrier that translates to broad pursuit range on defense. Displays consistent back-side chase-down athleticism. Fluidity shows in running back touches and in redirecting ability on defense. Often plays from the edge but also plays off the ball. Lines up at receiver, running back, and wingback for a wing-T offense. Easy athleticism that makes tough plays look less challenging than they really are. Size will dictate an off-ball role in college, but flashes impressive dip and pass-rush feel off the edge. Generally a sure tackler who can provide the big hit. Honing coverage technique will enhance positional and situational flexibility as a defender. Gets over-aggressive at times and can run himself out of position. Good play strength relative to size but will still need added mass and strength as he progresses to the next level. Size and average length could become an issue against big, athletic tight ends at the next level. Nevertheless, among the top prospects in Texas for his class and one of the top linebackers nationally. Possesses the potential to become a multi-year impact starter at the high-major level with long-term early-round NFL Draft upside."

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Hornlover said:

$5275 for an Epic (limit 1) Sam Howell. 

$250 each for a Rare (limit 100) Howell

$20 each for Core (about 2000) Howell

So about $70,000 worth of NFTs for a Jag from UNC. He probably gets about 1/2 to 2/3 of that. 

I'm sorry, but you think Sam Howell is a JAG? Okay then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

That’s a good thing right?!?!? 

I mean can we be happy about this or don’t??? 

More face time with coaches is always a good thing. I honestly don't know how much it moves the needle with someone like Perkins, but I see it as a good thing regardless.

10 hours ago, Hornlover said:

$5275 for an Epic (limit 1) Sam Howell. 

$250 each for a Rare (limit 100) Howell

$20 each for Core (about 2000) Howell

So about $70,000 worth of NFTs for a Jag from UNC. He probably gets about 1/2 to 2/3 of that. 

Same pricing for Bijan. The Epic one is actually an auction though so could end up anywhere.

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

That’s a good thing right?!?!? 

I mean can we be happy about this or don’t??? 

The bottom line with this cycle is that Texas is in a chaotic, unstable position in every way. UT has a new staff trying to figure itself out. NIL is a disruption for everyone, but add that to the new staff and the corruption led by Plonsky on the compliance side, and it's compounded at UT. All enemies, outside of mostly OU, absurdly, are cheating like motherfuckers for players in Texas, taking it to Georgia levels - ATM does not give any fucks. Texas has no history or infrastructure for facilitating getting recruits and handlers what is now becoming tablestakes in the game. 

What does all of that add up to? Massive uncertainty. It's part of why the $9.95ers have struggled so much with UT during this cycle. 

So could Perkins wind up at Texas? No one has a clue right now. He definitely likes Austin. He likes that Texas is going to the SEC and the word is more sooner than later. He could start immediately if he's as good as he thinks he is. Can they get him as much or more of whatever he, the mom and the uncle want versus other options? No idea. 

• Hook 'Em 4

31 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I don't have access to IT, but I guess they're reporting that Quency Wiggins and Jacoby Matthews will be in on October 16th.

Gerry said Jacoby Matthews is 'likely'.  Sounds like Wiggins plans are a little more concrete (or as concrete as they can be with a 17yr old).

https://247sports.com/player/quency-wiggins-46109451/

https://247sports.com/Player/Jacoby-Mathews-46082680/ 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting