Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

One also very cool thing about NFTs, and how they could entice players to sign on to a team with a good NFT platform, is that they can create the smart contract to where anytime the NFT is resold the player gets a percentage of that sale.  So for example, say Bijan blows up in the NFL and one of his rare NFTs sells for $50,000 five years from now, he would get a percentage of that resale.

7 minutes ago, Nifty Horns said:

Yep, our players get a signing bonus, royalties on primary sales, and royalties on re-sales. 

Unfortunately, NIL contracts have to expire when players leave the program. We're exploring workarounds so that guys can benefit in the future. 

ETA: I don't mean to clog up this thread but I trust y'all will tell me to stfu when the time comes.

Keep going. Y’all need investors?

7 minutes ago, Nifty Horns said:

Yep, our players get a signing bonus, royalties on primary sales, and royalties on re-sales. 

Unfortunately, NIL contracts have to expire when players leave the program. We're exploring workarounds so that guys can still benefit after leaving campus.

ETA: I don't mean to clog up this thread but I trust y'all will tell me to stfu when the time comes.

I'm interested in what you're doing.  Maybe we can start a new thread where you can go into more depth and update us with who you sign?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Also, are you sure that existing nfts expire at the end of a player’s tenure? My read on that is you couldn’t produce new NFTs using UT logos, not that they couldn’t still get a piece of the sale of something that technically they light own. 

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Potentially. Overhead is low (we're not taking a cut currently) so the only driver for outside funding would be to accelerate the addition of players (i.e. to cover their signing bonuses). I do have one source for that but I'm open to talking about other options. 

4 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

I'm interested in what you're doing.  Maybe we can start a new thread where you can go into more depth and update us with who you sign?

I had been thinking about doing this. Happy to share more details and it would be great to have another place to get feedback on designs and stuff. We have a discord for that currently but it's my understanding that some people have lives away from their computers. 

I don't have 100 posts so I can't access the NIL talk forum. @immamac could you hook me up?

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also, are you sure that existing nfts expire at the end of a player’s tenure? My read on that is you couldn’t produce new NFTs using UT logos, not that they couldn’t still get a piece of the sale of something that technically they light own. 

The contract can't extend beyond their participation in the program. So for us, when a guy leaves the program, we stop producing new NFTs of them, using them for marketing, and pay out any unpaid royalties. Peer-to-peer sales continue, but the contract is terminated. It would get unruly keeping up royalty payments for thousands of guys after a couple years anyways, but I do have some ideas for alternatives. That's something for the other thread. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Nifty Horns said:

Potentially. Overhead is low (we're not taking a cut currently) so the only driver for outside funding would be to accelerate the addition of players (i.e. to cover their signing bonuses). I do have one source for that but I'm open to talking about other options. 

I had been thinking about doing this. Happy to share more details and it would be great to have another place to get feedback on designs and stuff. We have a discord for that currently but it's my understanding that some people have lives away from their computers. 

I don't have 100 posts so I can't access the NIL talk forum. @immamac could you hook me up?

The contract can't extend beyond their participation in the program. So for us, when a guy leaves the program, we stop producing new NFTs of them, using them for marketing, and pay out any unpaid royalties. Peer-to-peer sales continue, but the contract is terminated. It would get unruly keeping up royalty payments for thousands of guys after a couple years anyways, but I do have some ideas for alternatives. That's something for the other thread. 

FTFY

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

"Can someone share the visitor list for this weekend?"

For the game, or to South Austin moms house?

• CB Ronald Lewis (OV)
  • OLB Derrick Brown
  • QB Maalik Murphy
  • 2022 Utah LB Lander Barton (OV)
  • 2022 LB Harold Perkins
  • 2024 CA QB Julian Sayin

• 2022 Brenham CB Eric Hemphill
  • 2023 Liberty Eylau DB Tracy Revels
  • 2023 Nimitz DB Cory Huff Jr.
  • 2023 Lewisville OL Qua Davis
  • 2023 Lake Belton DB Javeon Wilcox – one to watch
  • 2023 Frisco Wakeland OL Connor Stroh
  • 2023 Katy Morton Ranch OL Zach Session
  • 2023 La Vernia OL Barrett Eddlemon
  • 2023 Austin Westlake QB Marson Monsivais
  • 2023 Frisco Wakleland TE Tripp Riordan
  • 2023 Leonard ATH Cameron Armstrong
  • 2024 Brandeis QB JC Evans
  • 2023 Katy Paetow LB Alex Kilgore

Per TFB

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Looks like Arbor is heading to Columbus... What a weird recruitment..one of the hottest recruits in the state.. then his lean backs off him completely.  Bama said no thanks, and aggy has him on the back burner.. meanwhile, we seemed to have moved on too.  Wonder if we'll get more clarity once the articles behind the scenes of the 2022 class come out next February.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Okcool said:
  • CB Ronald Lewis (OV)
  • OLB Derrick Brown
  • QB Maalik Murphy
  • 2022 Utah LB Lander Barton (OV)
  • 2022 LB Harold Perkins
  • 2024 CA QB Julian Sayin

• 2022 Brenham CB Eric Hemphill
  • 2023 Liberty Eylau DB Tracy Revels
  • 2023 Nimitz DB Cory Huff Jr.
  • 2023 Lewisville OL Qua Davis
  • 2023 Lake Belton DB Javeon Wilcox – one to watch
  • 2023 Frisco Wakeland OL Connor Stroh
  • 2023 Katy Morton Ranch OL Zach Session
  • 2023 La Vernia OL Barrett Eddlemon
  • 2023 Austin Westlake QB Marson Monsivais
  • 2023 Frisco Wakleland TE Tripp Riordan
  • 2023 Leonard ATH Cameron Armstrong
  • 2024 Brandeis QB JC Evans
  • 2023 Katy Paetow LB Alex Kilgore

Per TFB

Pretty sure TFB is missing some people. Never know what's real but there have also been reports on:

Kris Ross OV
Matayo Uiagalelei
Denver Harris
Jaleel Skinner (maybe, that was an older report)
Kevin Coleman (same as Skinner)

Edited by Tex-19

39 minutes ago, Nifty Horns said:

You’re doing God’s work, Sir. Keep it up. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Looks like Arbor is heading to Columbus... What a weird recruitment..one of the hottest recruits in the state.. then his lean backs off him completely.  Bama said no thanks, and aggy has him on the back burner.. meanwhile, we seemed to have moved on too.  Wonder if we'll get more clarity once the articles behind the scenes of the 2022 class come out next February.

Wondering this also. Did he go to camps and perform poorly or get into trouble off the field?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting