Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

9 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

One could argue that OU was in decline under Stoops until Riley injected life in the program

I think he's obviously a better coach for offense, but holy hell he had Mayfield and Murray doing unbelievable shit out there. He did have 12 wins his first two years, but Stoops had just wrapped up two 11 win years himself. Now that we're seeing his rosters up there, it's not looking as good all around as it did under Stoops IMO. Not a finality or anything, but now we get to really see.

(also the Big 12 continuing to get worse, outside of Iowa Steak, didn't hurt any)

Edited by UncleBuck

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Absolutely not. It doubles as a public service announcement to those of us with children. THINK OF THE CHILDREN. 

Also, rumor is that the player nickname for ole Ryan is none other than SanDaysky. 

So, he can relate well to the kids?

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

I get it, but he has kept blowU at their historical level of play under Stoops, and arguably elevated it slightly to make several CFPs. Yes, things are always easier with a heisman trophy winning QB, but being able to get that kind of talent consistently is pretty impressive in it's own right. This year they seem to be more beatable than they have been in a while, but if they give Rattler the hook, they have other 5 star type guys waiting in the wings. If we can put on a good showing at TCU I will feel very good about our chances in two weeks. 

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Bad take imo Lincoln is good at nearly every aspect of his job. And has demonstrated the ability to hire well and adjust on the fly. I don't think im willing to say that a slow start this season means really anything as far as an indictment on him

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Agreed Oklahoma is winning the big 12 until proven otherwise in my eyes. 

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

One could argue that OU was in decline under Stoops until Riley injected life in the program

All of this is fair and you guys are probably right... but this is the first year with all of his own players and there are some systemic problems up there. The OL looks the worst it has in years. The RB room can barely field a two deep. They are calling for the QB's head. I guess they've fixed their defense some, but I'm still not completely sold on Grinch. They've been the tallest midget in this conference ever since Mack quit on the job (and really before that)... but outside of beating Ohio State in Columbus in year 2, what is the biggest game Riley's won? Beating us in the CCG in 2018? Beating a Florida team without half its roster in the Cotton Bowl? 

17 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

All of this is fair and you guys are probably right... but this is the first year with all of his own players and there are some systemic problems up there. The OL looks the worst it has in years. The RB room can barely field a two deep. They are calling for the QB's head. I guess they've fixed their defense some, but I'm still not completely sold on Grinch. They've been the tallest midget in this conference ever since Mack quit on the job (and really before that)... but outside of beating Ohio State in Columbus in year 2, what is the biggest game Riley's won? Beating us in the CCG in 2018? Beating a Florida team without half its roster in the Cotton Bowl? 

They lose a RB and its going to get really bad. Like 3 losses bad. 

17 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I don’t expect a Larry Coker or Mark Helfrich situation where the team falls off a cliff once they get their own roster and stop riding their predecessor’s coattails, but I would be surprised if either Day or Riley has as much sustained success as Urban and Stoops.  They’re good, and they injected some new life in the offenses.  But there’s more to being a head coach, and the overall trend doesn’t seem like they’re building on the foundation they inherited.

We know that Riley is an elite offensive coach. No way you can look at his offenses and the results and disagree there, he has had some of the most efficient offenses in the history of CFB and i think his average OFEI finish as an OC / HC is something like 6.x which is incredible.

Defense is always going to be a struggle for him, which isn't new.

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The problem with Ryan Day is that allegedly he can't relate to the players. This makes perfect sense to me, because I don't think Ryan Day can relate to anyone who isn't kid under the age of 13. I'll let this speak for itself. 

Day_Ryan_279-scaled-e1627329457210-1024x

Looks like his hard drive needs to be confiscated. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I can't tell you how much joy it brings me to know that Harris watched the Arkansas / aggy game with Sark and Banks.

The fact that he watched the Longhorns All Gas No Brakes approach and followed that up with The aggy game is awesome. Like sitting front row at the Indy500 and then catching the soapbox derby on TV.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Aren't they just talking about the 22 commit pic?

I don't think so. Brown said today is a good day with that emoji he always uses to tease a commitment, then posted the poster. I got the impression that it is probably the same player referenced by the Gilbert tweet from last night

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Thats why we record on Wednesday or Thursday or Friday. Whatever day we are soberest 

Plus Tuesday is always the day. This guy doesn't apparently know shit about Texas recruiting. 

Also, legit LOL at "soberest." Like you can split those fucking hairs with any reasonable accuracy. 

• Haha 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting