Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

37 minutes ago, futureman said:

are you knowledgeable about the NIL rules?  what violations do you think you see?

In Texas athletes can’t contact with Nike or any of the other UT “partners” which appear to be half of Austin’s businesses. Another attorney told me that. I thought it would depend upon the particular contracts between UT and the businesses.

You also can’t match up or endorse businesses to athletes.

You also can’t suggest to recruits whom they can work with if they decide to enroll. This last one is the most damning. I bet Oregon tells this kid how to reword what he said ASAP

Poor Sark comes to Texas thinking a shit ton of resource is going to be at his disposal only to find out Texas can only drop little teabags.  He better be an excellent coach and developer otherwise say bye to all the top talents.

Edited by westexhorn

3 hours ago, Harvdog said:

I think Tate Ewers is going to be a bust.  I think Maalik is the right guy.  He needs 2-3 years I the system and he's going to be the man in Austin.  Klubnick is a good QB.  I wish him well at Clemson

That stupid fuck Futureman spelled his name wrong with the kids last name in the article link. Now you’re spelling it wrong too while quoting him. liar liar stop breaking the law asshole GIF by Jerology

2 hours ago, UtBlaw said:

What do y’all think about this quote from an Oregon recruit? Seems very suggestive of NIL violations to me. I can read one possible violation as ambiguous but not another. Any Opinions?

8272A032-D224-4DEA-9336-C4164DBB6621.png

I think if you're looking for possible violations that means you're not a fan of a program thats trying to win at all costs. 

1 hour ago, UtBlaw said:

The second Texas should be Oregon. I get u prolly knew that but it won’t let me edit my post.

This evil site only allows edits for something like 5 minutes. It was even more evil in the beginning when they gave us 5 (or maybe it was 0) seconds to edit. It was brutal. 

5 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Aggie Films? I've seen this movie before

What rings is he supposedly wearing in those picts? Has he seen their trophy hall? Guess they plan on buying their players rings too. If it was all about winning, they'd have difficulty signing anybody. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I think if you're looking for possible violations that means you're not a fan of a program thats trying to win at all costs. 

I'm a fan of level playing field. If Bama, Georgia, aggy, and Oregon are all playing the bag game then I want Texas to be playing the bag game. Fuck them for cheating, but if that's the way to win then fuck it. Let's do it. 

If the bag game is over and NIL is how croots get paid, then all schools should be doing it. If Oregon is breaking the NIL rules to get ahead, then either turn them in or do the same cheating. 

All y’all who think this will all change if we just win, baby, might be in for a disappointment. We’re losing recruits to underperforming schools like Oregon and aggy as well as winning programs. The one thing they all have in common is that they are operating under a different set of rules. We win games, we win a few more recruiting battles, but not a lot more. What we might have to wait for is improved NFL draft results, but that will take a while. Or we can drop some bags and get the legislature to loosen up the NIL restrictions. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I'm a fan of level playing field. If Bama, Georgia, aggy, and Oregon are all playing the bag game then I want Texas to be playing the bag game. Fuck them for cheating, but if that's the way to win then fuck it. Let's do it. 

If the bag game is over and NIL is how croots get paid, then all schools should be doing it. If Oregon is breaking the NIL rules to get ahead, then either turn them in or do the same cheating. 

There are no rules. It's an arms race. Our program is barely on the track while all these other schools are running as fast as they can. 

Just now, theaveragejon said:

I am not pussy-rubbing’ Texas poster and generally ascribe to the right guy will get Texas “back” as much as a misnomer as that is. 

So I hate even entertaining this; but holy balls  Occam’s razor of Oregon being dirty doesn’t seem like a bad bet. 

Please forgive the grammar and whatever; I’ve enjoyed July 4th. 

15 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Anyone in the know at IT - was the only explanation from the mods on being so wrong about Banks was simply a “my bad” explanation?  Had to be more that that. I would think subscribers would be calling them out over that kind a bs response.

Share if there was more explanations please. 

Wait for the Scoop tomorrow. There's been a few cancellation threats but I wouldn't call a mutiny. IT solidified a cult following by hiring Gerry and being the anti-OB. 

1 hour ago, mantis toboggan said:

Anyone in the know at IT - was the only explanation from the mods on being so wrong about Banks was simply a “my bad” explanation?  Had to be more that that. I would think subscribers would be calling them out over that kind a bs response.

Share if there was more explanations please. 

That was nahlin encouraging his IT lemmings to read between the lines. Purposefully dry, non descript.  That was a message to his sources that burned him.  Of course he also makes shit up for clicks

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

You guys are gonna feel real bad when Brennan Thompson commits to Oregon

why????   Cause Oregon has to go 1600 miles to get a player?????     F Nike and their “we are for china”

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Hornlover said:

3 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

All y’all who think this will all change if we just win, baby, might be in for a disappointment. We’re losing recruits to underperforming schools like Oregon and aggy as well as winning programs. The one thing they all have in common is that they are operating under a different set of rules. We win games, we win a few more recruiting battles, but not a lot more. What we might have to wait for is improved NFL draft results, but that will take a while. Or we can drop some bags and get the legislature to loosen up the NIL restrictions. 

3 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

There are no rules. It's an arms race. Our program is barely on the track while all these other schools are running as fast as they can. 

This is the fucking point that needs to resonate, loudly. I am tired of following this shit, year after year, only to watch these motherfucking blatant paymasters win recruits that shouldn't even be in the conversation. Oregon? Get the fuck outta here...West Coast football is a fucking joke. Nobody fucking cares. And what the fuck has Georgia really done since 1980? These programs continue to stockpile elite talent via a coordinated pay-for-play structure, allowing them to win the majority of their games, and wait until the (5) stars align and they eventually get the combination right to make a run at a Title. "This is the Way" in college football today. Meanwhile, the NCAA will continue to pick on teams like Arizona State while ignoring Oregon, Georgia, aggy, Ohio State, Bama, Clemson, etc. We have zero reason at this point not to get in the filth and play the game the way it is being played by the most successful programs. The moral high-ground has gotten us nowhere. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting