Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

25 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Believe it or not, I'm 5-9, 162. At least, that's what I weighed BEFORE this countdown began. Scared to look now. 

Hmmm. Interesting. I could pay you to kill me, invite you to my mansion, kill you, stuff you into my sports car, light it on fire, and take off for Argentina with drug money and no one would be the wiser. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Getafix said:

If Roach sounds cautiously optimistic ... 😎  😎  😎  😎 

Mike at Night: Rumors heating up as Signing Day nears

Mike Roach

Hide contents

Mike at Night: Rumors heating up as Signing Day nears

Mike Roach

— There's a lot of buzz around Denver Harris at the moment. The five-star cornerback from North Shore had a quiet recruitment, but there are quite a few variables coming into play right now. For a long time, the public word was the race would be between Texas and Alabama, but Texas floundered on the field while Alabama never seemed able to sink its teeth in. LSU has always been a threat as well thanks to his relationship with Corey Raymond. Raymond leaving for Florida changes the math for LSU while Elko's departure from Texas A&M could disrupt the Aggie momentum. This morning, I flipped my pick to Texas A&M, but there is enough noise around Texas to consider at the moment. I know where the noise is coming from, but it's hard to tell what's real and what isn't. This recruitment has been as hard to nail down as any I've ever covered, so there's certainly potential for a blind spot there. Behavior tells me Texas A&M is the move right now, but Harris succeeded in keeping things under wraps throughout the entirety of this recruitment. We will keep checking with sources all the way until signing day.

— Texas continues to plug away at four-star Little Elm cornerback Terrance Brooks as well. The staff has given the family a lot to think about, and this one could go down to the end. Brooks will sign Wednesday morning, and there's anticipation that Brooks could be making a decision between Texas and Ohio State when he puts pen to paper. One source last week told me it was close to 50-50 at the time. As of tonight, there is some buzz about Brooks and the Longhorns that is getting stronger. We will monitor over the next day.

— I think Texas lands Arlington Seguin cornerback Xavion Brice if they continue to push flipping him from Oklahoma, but I have to wonder how Brooks and Harris alter that. The numbers at defensive back are starting to get out of whack. Right now there may be more players wanting in than they have room for. The loss of Kobie McKinzie does help free up another scholarship. McKinzie's recruitment is one of the more peculiar ones I've ever seen and we will go into more detail in our behind-the-scenes in February.

— Armani Winfield will be another name to watch down the stretch.  The former Texas commit has been in communication with Texas since right after he decommitted and a source told Horns247 at that time there was some regret there.  Both sides really re-engaged over the last few weeks, and Winfield will get together with his family tonight to talk about a possible decision.  Baylor and Michigan State are the main two schools I'm watching for Winfield against Texas, and he will announce his decision on Wednesday afternoon in a ceremony at his school.

Feel like we could start a new thread for Roach.  Call it Roach “see it to believe it.”  I’m not sure 5 words ever described someone more perfectly….

• Like 1

Just now, texifornia said:

Tell me you haven't kept up with the thread without telling me you haven't kept up with the thread.

Ah, right, actually I do remember those notes now.  Seem like so long ago.

Anyway, if - IF - that refers to a recent update from IT, then good to have a reconfirmation that it's still on for tonight.

One point of clarification that should give some people pause here is that with Banks, Gerry Hamilton had the connects. With Harris, this is Nahlin. The premise that Nahlin “nailed the Banks call” is laughable. Not saying he doesn’t get Harris right, but I am saying it’s not all the same circumstance. 

As for me, well, I was saying Texas would land Harris right up until around the moment Texas shit itself on the field. Now I’m from Missouri on this one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

Im here in Buenos Aires if you need help dumping the body. 

I’ll be posting more touristic sightseeing tips for Buenos Aires In the travel thread. 

After you dump the body, you can check out some of my off-the-beaten-path greatest hits for the city center. 

👍

19 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

After last season you have to think Campbell and Banks would start. Right? 

Assuming both show up in shape: I have a hard time imagining Banks not being the best option at LT. Campbell kind of depends - on whether or not they bring in an upperclassman or two on the interior, if they want to play Angilau at center, and how high they really are on Hayden Connor. I imagine he's on the two deep but they may try to keep his redshirt unless injuries force their hand, ala Connor.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Via Nahlin. Gonna assume this is Campbell 

“The commitment we expected today hit a snag. The coaches are going to have to get back to work on this one.

They didn’t take him for granted but some of y’all did.”

I guess he didn’t realize that implying the coaches need to get back to work, meaning they stopped working, implies they took it for granted..right?

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting