Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nahlin:

I don't have time to post each name. Just because a thread doesn't have a lot of activity doesn't mean the info in it isn't useful.

Midday Notes:

The Aggies are sweating Evan Stewart HARD right now, as well they should. Texas has been in contact much of the day and UT recruits are working the phones as well.

Texas is riding a Mavericks sized wave of momentum which is surely helping. Flipping Terrance Brooks was an attention getter, but big for Stewart was landing Quinn Ewers.

It's Stewart, so anything can happen. Maybe a school from out of nowhere is in contention as well.

Denver Harris is announcing after the state championship game on Saturday. North Shore takes on Duncanville yet again. He'll sign on Friday.

Announcements upcoming are RB Savion Red (2:00 CST), WR Armani Winfield (4:00 CST), and OL Malik Agbo (4:00 CST). Texas should be in good shape for each, though, numbers could become an unforeseen factor. Remember what we wrote, demand is out-stripping supply.

Three flips on NSD. WTH. Brooks was huge, and definitely caught the attention of Harris' circle (in a good way). Ethan Burke has big upside. Xavion Brice surprised me a bit -- didn't know if there would be room -- but he's a versatile piece, and more importantly for him, now a former Sooner.

Omari Abor holding off on deciding until February is a huge win for Texas. We dropped hints regarding him the other day. The Duncanville EDGE would upgrade a very strong group. It appears we'll have plenty of time to cover that recruitment.

I'm not going to lie. Today is fun.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Dummy said:

We sucked. Given what just happened with Jones and Lewis right before signing day, I don't think there would be any hesitation in telling current shitty players that Sark didn't even recruit to GTFO. Can someone post that roster breakdown? I bet we could point at 7 pretty quickly based on who else would be signing.

but why?

Just now, sith_horn said:

I see that aggy is in good company when it comes to a lack of self awareness.

17 minutes ago, Dummy said:

We sucked. Given what just happened with Jones and Lewis right before signing day, I don't think there would be any hesitation in telling current shitty players that Sark didn't even recruit to GTFO. Can someone post that roster breakdown? I bet we could point at 7 pretty quickly based on who else would be signing.

dummy GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lou_Sassle said:

There's no way Texas can take Red right now....right? Especially if we're trying to get one or two of these really highly rated guys? The numbers just don't seem to add up to me.... but what the fuck do I know lol

How many EEs is there space for? I'm guessing a number of players are going to figure out they got recruited over and hit the portal.

11 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Is it enter the portal after Dec 15, or transfer after Dec 15? If the latter, then we're probably already good.

Answering my own question...

"Schools will only be allowed to replace players who enter the portal after either the end of the institution’s fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, whichever is earlier"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Brandon said:

Per Fong on their little show, Ernest Greene is down to Georgia and us. Though it was mentioned that it was between Bama and us, but too much has been going on to keep track of 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm going to go ahead and combine those 2 tidbits of info and assume it's between us and us

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Per Fong on their little show, Ernest Greene is down to Georgia and us. Though it was mentioned that it was between Bama and us, but too much has been going on to keep track of 🤷🏻‍♂️

Have we heard anything about us recruiting this kid? Are we a hat on the table or is this a kid the sees the impact of the Texas NIL program?

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Have we heard anything about us recruiting this kid? Are we a hat on the table or is this a kid the sees the impact of the Texas NIL program?

16 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Is it enter the portal after Dec 15, or transfer after Dec 15? If the latter, then we're probably already good.

Actually I was wrong; it reads to me like it only matters when they leave school, nothing to do with the portal (from NCAA press release):

The waiver addresses concerns about potentially high numbers of college athletes transferring after all student-athletes were given the opportunity to compete immediately after transferring for the first time. It will apply at the end of the first term (students who depart on or after the earlier of the last day of the school's fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, which is the first day of the early National Letter of Intent signing period)

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting