Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So, I really shouldn’t have done this but I was listening to ESPNU on XM radio this morning while in FL on a business trip.  Not sure who was speaking but they literally were praising Jimbo for his recruiting class and how he does it the right way and is looking like the next Saban.  They said if he can beat Bama with lesser talent imagine how good they will be with all of this talent coming in.  The two announcers went on to rip UT because of the NIL deal calling out specifically that our OL get $50K without even playing and this is the wrong way to do things while A&M is doing everything right.  I thought I was about to swerve off the road listening to this shit but sadly this is what America hears.  UT-Bad and cheating with NIL, A&M-Good and doing things the right way and Jimbo is just the best recruiter out there.  They mentioned nothing about their DC leaving and none of the kids questioning it or WR’s going to a team that historically doesn’t use its WR’s very well.   I am just pissed listening to this kind of crap.

Star Wars Hate GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Roach: Nothing new here

Spoiler

Talked to a source regarding Evan Stewart and there isn’t a ton to be said right now. This source said that knowing Evan he will make whwatever decision he’s going to make on his terms and without talking to anyone about it, so most of the buzz will be conjecture. We will try to bring you everything we can but we aren’t going to manufacture info if there’s nothing there. Those in the A&M side don’t seem to be worried.

I checked with sources regarding Denver Harris again and while there’s a lot of mystery and rumors, most people I speak with feel he will ultimately end up at Texas A&M. A source at north shore I spoke to yesterday said he thought the race was tight but he’d lean A&M if he was laying money down on it.

Kendrick Law will make a decision on Friday. While I’ve heard that the recruitment isn’t dead for Texas, a Louisiana source told me he thinks it ultimately comes down to Alabama or LSU. Law doesn’t talk to anyone so theees a lot of mystery but this is a source I trust.

image.png.cdfce6483660ed676e903503d3a09692.png

image.png.e666010fc5e2caa4bb895dd788280787.png

32 minutes ago, JGHorn said:

Stop. He was out of the NFL at 26 years old. 
7 catches, 69 yards and 0 TDs 

I like Sweed and he was a great longhorn and will always be remembered for his Ohio State catch. 

But most everyone will tell you, he didn’t pan out. Maybe due to injury or “personal reasons”. 

Fair enough-solid points. My lasting image of Limas is the tOSU “catch”.

Further, my “obtuse” comment came across a bit “jerkish”.  For that, my apologies. 👊🏻🤘🏻

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

🤔🤔 when did I say we were getting Harris and Stewart??  Only thing I said was instead of always being negative try a little positivity and let’s hope we get the rest of our targets cause it’s definitely not of the realm of possibility with the way this recruiting cycle has gone. . . If you don’t that’s cool, but why bring others down cause they don’t share your same mindset  

Probably because it is annoying to see post after post by some of you fucking smooth brained cuntwaffles that just refuse to understand PLAYERS ARE BEING BOUGHT BY FUCKING AGGY. BURN IT INTO YOUR GODDAMN BRAIN. THE REASON WE KNOW WE ARE NOT GETTING STEWART AND HARRIS IS BECAUSE WE KNOW HOW MUCH THEY ARE BEING PAID AND IT IS MORE THAN OUR GUYS WERE WILLING TO OFFER IN RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT ISN'T FUCKING COMPLICATED!!! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. 

Ahem. Sorry to be harsh but it isn't 'positivity' to pump sunshine and fill pages with wishcasting nonsense about players who we literally know the details of. You wanted to be hopeful about a guy like Neto? Go right fucking ahead. No one knew a damn thing about him. You want to be hopeful about Abor? Again; go right ahead. No one should shit on you for that. Ain't no one had a good read on him consistently throughout this process. Mathews got himself a bag by Aggy but I'm not convinced it will ultimately dictate his decision so you might even be able to have some hope there. But if you continue to make stupid fucking comments about Harris, Stewart or Perkins you deserve to be called a dipshit for doing so. If you think that is harsh so be it; I truly don't give a shit because it has gotten to the point where every time I see that fucking profile pic of yours I just know the comment there within is going to make my brain hurt. 

edit: and yes, at least half my username is EXTREMELY relevant in this particular case. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

UT-Bad and cheating with NIL, A&M-Good and doing things the right way and Jimbo is just the best recruiter out there.  They mentioned nothing about their DC leaving and none of the kids questioning it or WR’s going to a team that historically doesn’t use its WR’s very well.   I am just pissed listening to this kind of crap.

I used to get pissed off hearing this shit, too, but after adopting a new outlook on things, I don't get pissed anymore.  Let me share my philosophy with you:  Fuck the rest of the country.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

WE KNOW HOW MUCH THEY ARE BEING PAID AND IT IS MORE THAN OUR GUYS WERE WILLING TO OFFER IN RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't spent much time on the $9.99 board until recently so sorry for newb question. 

How big are the bags Stewart and Harris are getting and how do we know that?  I agree that it's not hard to infer what is happening, I just hadn't seen the "sources" that back this up other than it being repeated as fact in this thread.

7 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Why tf does he think ppl are paying him $9.95??

To be the nice guy with ties that doesn’t really share anything until February on the recruiting cycle?

He and Chip are the biggest reason I canceled my sub. I took great joy from Sark dunking on Chip yesterday. Priceless. 

11 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

I haven't spent much time on the $9.99 board until recently so sorry for newb question. 

How big are the bags Stewart and Harris are getting and how do we know that?  I agree that it's not hard to infer what is happening, I just hadn't seen the "sources" that back this up other than it being repeated as fact in this thread.

If he took Best Buy gift card we'd be in business

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

and those Dline recruits should make it a lot easier on whomever is playing LB.

+Rep for proper use of "whomever". 👍

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Off the top of my head, Jaylen Waddle played 4A. Jordan Whittington played 4A. 

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

I thought Jaylen came form Houston Episcopal Which is private??

Waddle played in SPC, which is maybe comparable to 3A.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwest_Preparatory_Conference

These high schools have 275 to 400 people, most are co-ed, and frequently you've got preppy wealthy kids and/or match/science nerds in each class. (The all-boys schools have a higher nerd factor, so I guess that it evens out.)

People who went to these schools do shit like give positive rep for correct grammar usage. Shit like that.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So, I really shouldn’t have done this but I was listening to ESPNU on XM radio this morning while in FL on a business trip.  Not sure who was speaking but they literally were praising Jimbo for his recruiting class and how he does it the right way and is looking like the next Saban.  They said if he can beat Bama with lesser talent imagine how good they will be with all of this talent coming in.  The two announcers went on to rip UT because of the NIL deal calling out specifically that our OL get $50K without even playing and this is the wrong way to do things while A&M is doing everything right.  I thought I was about to swerve off the road listening to this shit but sadly this is what America hears.  UT-Bad and cheating with NIL, A&M-Good and doing things the right way and Jimbo is just the best recruiter out there.  They mentioned nothing about their DC leaving and none of the kids questioning it or WR’s going to a team that historically doesn’t use its WR’s very well.   I am just pissed listening to this kind of crap.

The media types may as well be pro wrestling referees for all the ostensible awareness they have of the cheating going on around them.  Of course, just like the WWE, they know it is happening but they perform like they are unaware of it because they want to maintain access to these programs and maintain the fiction of college athletics as more "pure" than the pros.  Fuck those guys.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Something interesting I came across that explains some things…especially considering the true buzz coach was at the red in home….

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Something interesting I came across that explains some things…especially considering the true buzz coach was at the red in home….

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

That isn't a newb question. Don't feel bad for asking it. 

Some people on here know for exactly the reasons you would think. Not sure how definitive an answer I want to give you beyond that. I personally know in the case of Stewart because I know some of the people that were involved on our end. I know what was being thrown his way and I know his people took a higher offer from Aggy. So I can say, with extreme confidence, that it was at least above ~250-300K. Others on here who I have no relationship with, and who have their own connections, have said its probably above 350K. I have no idea with Harris beyond knowing, through my same connections, that he is 100% for sale and making a business decision and that we simply didn't successfully engage with him in the right way or with the right effort. Not saying more than this /shrug 

edit: just to be clear you never really know what someone gets if you lose that battle. Just how it goes. Obviously their people are not going to just tell you or admit to anything. So it could be a dollar more, it could be less money but with more promised ancillary benefits, or it could be fucking double. You just don't know. You can generally guess with some accuracy but that is about it.  

1310 The Ticket Hard Line crew intimated from "sources" that they'd heard that big aggy DL Nolan was being shopped by his dad and was getting upwards of a million.  Drama that caused some other SEC teams to pass.

Who the hell knows, just interesting that such a big show would drop specific numbers.

2 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

The scuttlebutt about Watts perhaps coming to Texas 

For anyone else who was curious.

Scuttlebutt in slang usage means rumor or gossip, deriving from the nautical term for the cask used to serve water (or, later, a water fountain).[1][2]

The term corresponds to the colloquial concept of a water cooler in an office setting, which at times becomes the focus of congregation and casual discussion. Water for immediate consumption on a sailing ship was conventionally stored in a scuttled butt: a butt (cask) which had been scuttled by making a hole in it so the water could be withdrawn. Since sailors exchanged gossip when they gathered at the scuttlebutt for a drink of water, scuttlebutt became Navy slang for gossip or rumours.[2]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

1310 The Ticket Hard Line crew intimated from "sources" that they'd heard that big aggy DL Nolan was being shopped by his dad and was getting upwards of a million.  Drama that caused some other SEC teams to pass.

Who the hell knows, just interesting that such a big show would drop specific numbers.

That is surprising since Bob has become such a blow hard red ass lately. It’s to the point that I have a hard time listening to any college football from the Hardline. Has taken a Jose dive since Mike left a few years back. Sad

• Hook 'Em 4

52 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Probably because it is annoying to see post after post by some of you fucking smooth brained cuntwaffles that just refuse to understand PLAYERS ARE BEING BOUGHT BY FUCKING AGGY. BURN IT INTO YOUR GODDAMN BRAIN. THE REASON WE KNOW WE ARE NOT GETTING STEWART AND HARRIS IS BECAUSE WE KNOW HOW MUCH THEY ARE BEING PAID AND IT IS MORE THAN OUR GUYS WERE WILLING TO OFFER IN RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT ISN'T FUCKING COMPLICATED!!! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. 

Ahem. Sorry to be harsh but it isn't 'positivity' to pump sunshine and fill pages with wishcasting nonsense about players who we literally know the details of. You wanted to be hopeful about a guy like Neto? Go right fucking ahead. No one knew a damn thing about him. You want to be hopeful about Abor? Again; go right ahead. No one should shit on you for that. Ain't no one had a good read on him consistently throughout this process. Mathews got himself a bag by Aggy but I'm not convinced it will ultimately dictate his decision so you might even be able to have some hope there. But if you continue to make stupid fucking comments about Harris, Stewart or Perkins you deserve to be called a dipshit for doing so. If you think that is harsh so be it; I truly don't give a shit because it has gotten to the point where every time I see that fucking profile pic of yours I just know the comment there within is going to make my brain hurt. 

edit: and yes, at least half my username is EXTREMELY relevant in this particular case. 

Pos rep for correct usage of “cuntwaffles”

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

That's wild. Outside of QB, it seems like an unsustainable way to build a roster.

44 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

+Rep for proper use of "whomever". 👍

Waddle played in SPC, which is maybe comparable to 3A.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwest_Preparatory_Conference

These high schools have 275 to 400 people, most are co-ed, and frequently you've got preppy wealthy kids and/or match/science nerds in each class. (The all-boys schools have a higher nerd factor, so I guess that it evens out.)

People who went to these schools do shit like give positive rep for correct grammar usage. Shit like that.

I did not go to one of those schools and I do not give positive rep for correct grammar usage, but I do occasionally correct posters' atrocious grammar and syntax. I am not a savage.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Fundraising is easier when you don’t let Kansas hang 60 on you

you could actually claim the opposite.  aggy is raising a shit-ton because they've been irrelevant for a century.  losing makes you do crazy shit.

we need an angry and frustrated fan/donor base.  or desperate, as luicci put it.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

From the Buckeye/247 site, regarding Ohio State / NIL / Texas.  You may get a chuckle out of the note below.

One Direction GIF

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.a27f3b92dba07de1533caa8c6c1e241e.png

Well, I can tell that that dipshit has no concept of how the NIL works, as well as the role a compliance department has in the process. This is equivalent to some idiot saying Limas Sweed is out of the NFL because he's 36 years old, without realizing Sweed was out of the NFL at 26 years old. Just straight up talking out his ass. 

It is funny, however, we had a conversation with a pretty connected person who was bemoaning a problem with Ewers was UT's draconian compliance department and how Ohio State rubber stamps everything and doesn't give a shit whatsoever. Which was a potential hurdle because it might mean the deals Ewers got at Ohio State and elsewhere wouldn't be replicable by Texas. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

From the Buckeye/247 site, regarding Ohio State / NIL / Texas.  You may get a chuckle out of the note below.

One Direction GIF

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.a27f3b92dba07de1533caa8c6c1e241e.png

Is this the same Ohio State that dumped bag after bag on Ewers to get him to leave high school early and sit on the bench?  That Ohio State?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

What he do?

Paraphrasing Chip “Sark, it’s said that the closer a player is to the ball, the harder it is for them when they get to college. Do you think any freshmen OL will be able to make an impact”

Sark: “that’s the first time I’ve heard that analogy. If they can play we’ll play them “

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting