Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Gee whiz, guys. Think about how swell it would be if we could magically spend some other asshole’s money when they showed up shockingly correct.  What a great world that would be for us and not them.  

Ummmmmm, no. Fuckface can pay me when his bet is absurdly shown to be a bust in June. 

*august

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Gee whiz, guys. Think about how swell it would be if we could magically spend some other asshole’s money when they showed up shockingly correct.  What a great world that would be for us and not them.  

Ummmmmm, no. Fuckface can pay me when his bet is absurdly shown to be a bust in June. 

so someone is an asshole and someone is a fuckface.

i'll just see myself out.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

CTH - current 2021 QB roster starting 2022

CTJ - someone new in 2022

but I'm worried the bet won't be paid because neither one is a nurse 

this is incorrect.

CTH - anyone on 2021 roster or a walk-on who was enrolled in classes (already on campus) for the 2021 season

CTJ - anyone else. 

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, immamac said:

this is incorrect.

CTH - anyone on 2021 roster or a walk-on who was enrolled in classes (already on campus) for the 2021 season

CTJ - anyone else. 

Also was an injury clause but if it’s clear quinn will beat out card and card just happens to get hurt I’ll pay. I’d like @closetojumping to confirm what he thinks is reasonable.  

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

If things don’t work out for Joe at QB, he can always play the douchy bad guy in an 80’s teen movie.

image.jpeg.7d31d6b1574a0b5cda4d509a72efd7d4.jpeg

I suspect preferred walk-on. Hook ‘Em, kid, good luck, play a little ball, be a scout team badass, slay some puss.

He’s here to create a start up and pound some vag and I can respect that.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Getafix said:

Drumm (OU 247), on Campbell.

(Quote: "Can OU come up with a NIL deal to entice Campbell?")

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.88ad3063f73d23b7d65fa8174b1441a6.png

Many Sooner fans resent the NIL. Until it's obvious that OU needs to pony up, there may be a lag in OU getting it's shit together.

The one hope for OU is that Thad Turnipseed, director of operations at Clemson and one of the few people that Venables brought with him from Clemson, probably understands this and could alert OU booster that they need to get stuff together.

1 minute ago, quigley said:

Many Sooner fans resent the NIL. Until it's obvious that OU needs to pony up, there may be a lag in OU getting it's shit together.

The one hope for OU is that Thad Turnipseed, director of operations at Clemson and one of the few people that Venables brought with him from Clemson, probably understands this and could alert OU booster that they need to get stuff together.

Surprised blOU currently #10 for 2022 Class on 247.  Venables did a decent job holding on to several in the current class...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Interesting.  Thought Caleb Williams staying at OU was essentially a done deal ... looks like it's still in question.  Also discusses Casey.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.90788bd7e7524f3855b02802c1d8e08a.png

image.thumb.png.407b9759243b9b5292166a99605da29d.png

I mentioned on another thread that Caleb Williams staying remains in question. That Thompson considered coming back to OU has been known. And remember, Thompson would have been transferring BEFORE he got a chance to play and to an OU QB room that had Rattler and Williams. I read that as Thompson wasn't afraid of competition or was comfortable as a backup.

Thompson's relative success at UT probably has him thinking that he could go some place and start. Wisconsin has been mentioned elsewhere, and the Badgers would be an excellent idea on paper. With better QB play, Wisconsin would  have won their lousy division and have given Michigan a better game in the regular and post-season.

I'd welcome Thompson back to OU as long as he's comfortable knowing that he's there to push Williams but won't likely supplant him.

1 minute ago, quigley said:

I mentioned on another thread that Caleb Williams staying remains in question. That Thompson considered coming back to OU has been known. And remember, Thompson would have been transferring BEFORE he got a chance to play and to an OU QB room that had Rattler and Williams. I read that as Thompson wasn't afraid of competition or was comfortable as a backup.

Thompson's relative success at UT probably has him thinking that he could go some place and start. Wisconsin has been mentioned elsewhere, and the Badgers would be an excellent idea on paper. With better QB play, Wisconsin would  have won their lousy division and have given Michigan a better game in the regular and post-season.

I'd welcome Thompson back to OU as long as he's comfortable knowing that he's there to push Williams but won't likely supplant him.

I don't think that's what he's leaving Texas for, but if Williams does leave I'd be shocked to see him anywhere but OU.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting