Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I keep thinking this is straight out of the Mack Brown playbook.  As everyone remembers, and as many have already said in recent weeks, in 2012 we had one of the worst statistical defenses with Manny Diaz as our DC.  In the offseason Mack brings in Greg Robinson as an analyst, and I bet there was a nod-wink understanding that he'd come in to pinch hit as DC if things went downhill.  You know how things turned out.  I just looked it up, but among the other accomplishments of our defense once Greg took over, we ended up leading the conference in sacks, an although we turned in a shitty offensive performance in the Alamo Bowl, Texas held Oregon to its lowest points all season.

If Patterson comes to Texas, it's with the understanding of the possibility that he takes over the defense.  And he probably hopes that happens before the TCU game.

I get the comparison, but I have a hard time believing that Patterson has any desire to be a DC at this point in his career. Could he do it on an interim basis? Sure. But if I were in his shoes some sort of grand poobah off field role would be much more appealing after 20 years of grinding yourself into the dirt as a HC. 

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I get the comparison, but I have a hard time believing that Patterson has any desire to be a DC at this point in his career. Could he do it on an interim basis? Sure. But if I were in his shoes some sort of grand poobah off field role would be much more appealing after 20 years of grinding yourself into the dirt as a HC. 

Fair point. But I also can’t see him satisfied with just providing input and not running the defense, especially if he has to sit there and watch PK fuck things up again.

We’re veering off into the Coaches thread rather than 2022 recruiting, but I can see Patterson taking a bit of a depressurization role as a Defensive Analyst, much like Jerry Kill did for him offensively, and hopefully becomes our 2022 version of Dick Tomey. Then if shit hits the fan, he can step into the DC role, or if it really hits the fan, perhaps CDC does what ClubWhatever suggests at the top of the prior page.

Edited by Vito Andolini

8 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

We’re veering off into the Coaches thread rather than 2022 recruiting, but I can see Patterson taking a bit of a depressurization role as a Defensive Analyst, much like Jerry Kill did for him offensively, and hopefully becomes our 2022 version of Dick Tomey. Then if shit hits the fan, he can step into the DC role, or if it really hits the fan, perhaps CDC does what ClubWhatever suggests at the top of the prior page.

I see you're CFS. And raise you..... cheese puns. 

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - adding Campbell would push Texas past Ohio St and into the 4th best class in the country. 

After a 5-7 season. 

The Cover 3 podcast said this was probably the highest rated class of all time that followed a losing season. 

2 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

If Campbell is announcing at an all star game, he wants intrigue. His signing getting leaked kills intrigue. Roach is getting got here 

Aren’t all the all star games in January?  His timeline is Feb signing day.  May not change your mind in the point of your post. 

10 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

If Campbell is announcing at an all star game, he wants intrigue. His signing getting leaked kills intrigue. Roach is getting got here 

If Campbell is interested in the intrigue, he likely would have told Sark to keep it quiet, and Sark wouldn't have tweeted. 

• Like 1

Just now, runthebone said:

Maybe he's a chemist and his autocorrect is all fucked up.

I mean, based on his body of posts, I’d believe he cooked a lot of meth. I guess that’s sort of a chemist. Maybe krocodil. The good news is that if it’s krokodil the rest of us have a short timeline to deal with his inanity. 

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

One of the mods said they already have/had their article written for when he does announce. 

How hard would it be to write up an article on every recruit that's still a possibility then post it as soon as the recruit goes public. I'd be willing to bet they're sitting on 6 or 7 articles now.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, based on his body of posts, I’d believe he cooked a lot of meth. I guess that’s sort of a chemist. Maybe krocodil. The good news is that if it’s krokodil the rest of us have a short timeline to deal with his inanity. 

Ion know what your talking about 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

So all that stuff last night was just bullshit?

It looks like we got another signing last night, along with aggy, Bama, and UM.  ESPNU showing those all with 1 more commit than 247 does.  The rest of the top 10 have the same number

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting