Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

18 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

ESPNU just had a graphic showing us with 28 comments and in 4th place. 

I think they calculate including the portal.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/32866527/2022-college-football-recruiting-class-rankings-top-prospects-committing-national-signing-day

247 has a similar "total/overall" ranking which includes the portal and they have us at #4 there as well on that.

Here's ESPN's blurb about the #4 rating.
Odd that they don't really talk about the offensive line.

image.png.12726025321799e0df9c3784f8d12422.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Jimbob is lost. Mathews isn’t going to Alabama either. 

Aggy, Bama and UT all got another commit at the finish line last night.  Aggy didn’t get 2, they got 1, they were thought to be leading for Harris and Perkins.  Both intend to announce at all star games.   

So while it’s entirely possible they just show up at a school, I was going off 3 guys who are all committing before NSD2, are most likely to commit on NSD1, and which teams are in the running.   

Edited by Jimbob
My who gives a fuck comment was about UM who also picked up a commit last night

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

The number of 5 stars in the trenches (if all of theirs haven’t portaled by then) if we play aggy in ‘23 is going to be silly.

Be interesting where that '23 game will be played... historically even years were at DKR, but it's our turn for a home game in the series.

7 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

The number of 5 stars in the trenches (if all of theirs haven’t portaled by then) if we play aggy in ‘23 is going to be silly.

It’s their skill players that leave not the line….  Mostly just qb’s at that, but if Stewart doesn’t he’s an idiot, but let that drama shit show go somewhere else. 

Edited by Hook1997

14 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/32866527/2022-college-football-recruiting-class-rankings-top-prospects-committing-national-signing-day

247 has a similar "total/overall" ranking which includes the portal and they have us at #4 there as well on that.

Is it strange this write up does not mention anything about the OL recruits which is the best part of this class by far?  

Just noticed ATXBronco mentioned the same OL thing.  My bad.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0

3 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Aggy, Bama and UT all got another commit at the finish line last night.  Aggy didn’t get 2, they got 1, they were thought to be leasing for Harris and Perkins.  Both intend to announce at all star games.   

So while it’s entirely possible they just show up at a school, I was going off 3 guys who are all committing before NSD2, are most likely to commit on NSD1, and which teams are in the running.   

Perkins is not enrolling early and it’s been said he’ll not sign during nsd1.  The only ‘just show up’ candidates are early enrollees who don’t sign in nsd1 and I don’t believe there are any of those left. Sounds to me like Campbell got his letter in at the deadline and is going to announce at the all star game, as was the original plan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Thank you. How would espn know which schools received last-minute LOIs?

Edited by Mikey4
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Aggy, Bama and UT all got another commit at the finish line last night.  Aggy didn’t get 2, they got 1, they were thought to be leading for Harris and Perkins.  Both intend to announce at all star games.   

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

It looks like we got another signing last night, along with aggy, Bama, and UM.  ESPNU showing those all with 1 more commit than 247 does.  The rest of the top 10 have the same number

I think the odds are far, FAR higher that ESPNU fucked up the number rather than them breaking some sort of news about silent signees. Their recruiting coverage is worthless.
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I just noticed 247 has Cam Williams as the 89th best tackle in the country. ESPN, rivals and On3 all have him as a top 30 OT. 

Is there a final rankings update coming for 247? Will we get some BOMC magic?

Only if you send a sternly worded email to Gabe Brooks.

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I think the odds are far, FAR higher that ESPNU fucked up the number rather than them breaking some sort of news about silent signees. Their recruiting coverage is worthless.

And that’s probably the right answer.  So should Blantons NOT be considered a breakfast drink?

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I just noticed 247 has Cam Williams as the 89th best tackle in the country. ESPN, rivals and On3 all have him as a top 30 OT. 

Covered somewhere in here. Gabe Brooks thinks he's too fat. And his arms are only long because he's fat

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Is it strange this write up does not mention anything about the OL recruits which is the best part of this class by far?  

Just noticed ATXBronco mentioned the same OL thing.  My bad.

Most of us have him on ignore, so you get credit for any random moments of lucidity he might have had. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

247 is honestly concerned that if Williams loses weight his wingspan will decrease. No joke, Gabe thinks that if you lose weight then your bones grow shorter. This is the quality of 9.95 on 247.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting