Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

BFD! One d-back goes to a team with no D coordinator. The 7-8 plays a game he’s involved in will really make the difference between 6-6 and 13-0! Ha! 
Let’s look back on the “best d-back recruiting haul in history” and see where that got us. To quote one website:

“After a lackluster first class where Herman only had a short amount of time to recruit after taking over for Charlie Strong, Tom Herman reminded everyone that 2018 would be the class to watch out for. The result? The 2018 class has National Championship written all over it!

The 2018 Longhorns class finished No. 2 or 3 in the major recruiting tracking services. Included was one of the best group of defensive backs in the history of recruiting. And, Tom Herman snagged all the top recruits in the state of Texas (according to 247Sports😞

• No. 1 in Texas: B.J. Foster (safety)
  • No. 2: Anthony Cook (cornerback)
  • No. 3: Caden Sterns (safety)
  • No. 4: Jalen Green (cornerback)
  • No. 5: Brennan Eagles (WR)
  • No. 7: DeMarvion Overshown (safety)
  • No. 10: Al’vonte Woodard (WR)
  • No. 12: D’shawn Jamison (cornerback)”

At the end of the day we’re all just hoping at this point: 

•Players see how shitty C-station is 

• Jimbo gets fired with a few more 8-4 seasons 

• Players Transfer 

But honestly A&M could be in a natty if everything pans out. They have talent but at the end of the day it’s “Texas” fault A&M has this historical class. Guarantee if we win all those games we had a lead before halftime, We’d probably win 80% of those recruiting battles and have a top 2 class. We went 5-7 and didn’t even make it to a bowl game and have a top 5 class with probably one of the most impressive O-Line hauls in awhile. Just goes to show you players want to play at Texas. We just have to handle our business. The future is bright imo 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

It's hilarious you think the Harris and Stewart recruitments came down to winning. You are clueless. If winning is what mattered Harris would have picked Bama instead of 8-4 aggy. 

The O-line haul is insane because we're actually committing money to that position group with NIL. It's almost like these recruitments come down to $$$$. 

When did I mention Harris or Stewart??? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

It's hilarious you think the Harris and Stewart recruitments came down to winning. You are clueless. If winning is what mattered Harris would have picked Bama instead of 8-4 aggy. 

The O-line haul is insane because we're actually committing money to that position group with NIL. It's almost like these recruitments come down to $$$$. 

There was real smoke Texas could have won out on those two this week. Sure they got bought but 9-3 like we should have and Texas gets those guys. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He also seems to think that firing jimbo for middling results could happen 

The only thing he did get right is "the future is bright." 

It seems like Texas is about to weaponize NIL. Even with aggy buying recruits left and right it's the most optimistic I've been about Texas recruiting because we finally have the means to check back the bag game. 

31 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Reading material?

Spoiler

The 6-foot-4, 240-pound EDGE from Duncanville just witnessed another loss in the state championship. But he’s already moving on.

The dual-sport athlete wasn’t happy with the way Ohio State handled its defensive coaching change recently, and that might’ve opened the door for UT.

“I really like coach PK,” said Abor, about Pete Kwiatkowski. “You can tell he knows who he wants and where’s the best spot to play. You can tell they are building something there.”

Surprised by UT’s Top 5 recruiting ranking despite a 5-7 season?

“Not really,” Abor said. “I’ve been talking to the guys so it wasn’t that much of a surprise. Their coaches and recruiting class did a great job.”

Abor mentioned Terrance Brooks as someone he’s stayed in touch with and someone trying to get the four-star to Austin.

Abor will move on to basketball next week and is eager to get on the court.

Abor will announce his commitment at the Adidas All American game in SA in January.

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

There was real smoke Texas could have won out on those two this week. Sure they got bought but 9-3 like we should have and Texas gets those guys. 

The rationalizations continue to be dumb. Harris, Stewart, and several other aggy commits were bought. That's why they're going to aggy. 

Harris and Stewart were never coming here. Same with Perkins. 

46 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Texas was assisted by coaching changes and NIL (offensive lineman) this cycle. I can't really recall a surprising flip or commit for Texas other than maybe Brooks and that wasn't even surprising. 

Harris and Stewart were anti-aggy almost the entire recruiting process until about a month before NSD. 

I'm sure Texas is getting dirty to some degree but this is nowhere close to a similar comparison. aggy is straight up buying recruits right now and Harris/Stewart are about as obvious as it comes. 

You think NIL only assisted us for OL? Lol! I’m not talking about Texas getting dirty. I’m talking money, clean or not. 

20 minutes ago, D3zii said:

At the end of the day we’re all just hoping at this point: 

•Players see how shitty C-station is 

• Jimbo gets fired with a few more 8-4 seasons 

• Players Transfer 

But honestly A&M could be in a natty if everything pans out. They have talent but at the end of the day it’s “Texas” fault A&M has this historical class. Guarantee if we win all those games we had a lead before halftime, We’d probably win 80% of those recruiting battles and have a top 2 class. We went 5-7 and didn’t even make it to a bowl game and have a top 5 class with probably one of the most impressive O-Line hauls in awhile. Just goes to show you players want to play at Texas. We just have to handle our business. The future is bright imo 

I don’t give a shit about aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

No fucking way. 10 wins and they still would have taken the money.

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The rationalizations continue to be dumb. Harris, Stewart, and several other aggy commits were bought. That's why they're going to aggy. 

Harris and Stewart were never coming here. Same with Perkins. 

2 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

So why aren't we also playing the bag game?  I knew it would come down to this with aggy, those FedEx envelopes were replenished with Jimbo and Emmert not giving a shit.

Because NIL will eclipse the bag game in the long term, and the schools that have spent all their money on coach buyouts/extensions and the bag game are going to find themselves shit outta luck.

CTJ and Sydney Carton are full of shit but I am legitimately proud of what they have accomplished in this regard and you're seeing the results of their work. This is only going to accelerate.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:
  Hide contents

The 6-foot-4, 240-pound EDGE from Duncanville just witnessed another loss in the state championship. But he’s already moving on.

The dual-sport athlete wasn’t happy with the way Ohio State handled its defensive coaching change recently, and that might’ve opened the door for UT.

“I really like coach PK,” said Abor, about Pete Kwiatkowski. “You can tell he knows who he wants and where’s the best spot to play. You can tell they are building something there.”

“Not really,” Abor said. “I’ve been talking to the guys so it wasn’t that much of a surprise. Their coaches and recruiting class did a great job.”

Abor mentioned Terrance Brooks as someone he’s stayed in touch with and someone trying to get the four-star to Austin.

Abor will announce his commitment at the Adidas All American game in SA in January.

Should’ve kept those Texas gloves on

1 minute ago, realgreggym said:

I can't wait until next year. Their bag men are going to have to keep this class happy and also the next class happy. I also can't wait until they start filling out their 2021 taxes next year.

A lot can go wrong with out of state mercenaries.  If they don’t start or the team struggles they will portal quickly.  Do they sell crab legs in CS?  I have a feeling the  CS PD is about to get really busy or have to do a lot of looking the other way.  

25 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Abor probably wants to see what happens with the tOSU coaching staff. It could get shaken up quite a bit by NSD2. 

6 minutes ago, stork642 said:

A lot can go wrong with out of state mercenaries.  If they don’t start or the team struggles they will portal quickly.  Do they sell crab legs in CS?  I have a feeling the  CS PD is about to get really busy or have to do a lot of looking the other way.  

We will see. Jimbo ultimately keeps kids because of his and A&M’s culture combining to create a perfect storm of the opposite of student athlete. A&M treats players like royalty. They also don’t force kids to do anything else on or off campus. Couple that with Fisher’s well known desire to let his kids run wild and you create an environment that kids love.  If they win another of substance, we could see a 30 for 30 done a month later. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth

36 minutes ago, D3zii said:

When did I mention Harris or Stewart??? 

You mentioned recruiting battles.  We weren't in the battles for the top 2 players in Florida, 3 of the top ten in Georgia, the DL that's number 2 on 247 out of Tennessee that was rumored to have such a shady recruitment that the whole fucking SEC backed off, or # 1 in Pennsylvania.  That shit is unnatural.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting