Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Fuck this entire AD and Plonsky and every old fuck that thinks we are entitled to win and get recruits bc we’re Texas.  We need to get a bag network set up ASAP.  NiL is great for guys like Bijan, but recruits still want bags and we are way behind the game.  

But I was told by ctj that bag games will be irrelevant. 

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I would like to take this opportunity to dispel the prevailing notion on this site that Sarkisian's time in the NFL was a good thing. The guy took over the leading offense in the NFL, immediately helmed the reduction in that unit's output the following year by 34% (almost 12 full points less per game) and then had the offense middling again in 2018 before being unceremoniously dumped on his ass and fired to end the 2018 season. He was a pure, uncut, abject failure as an OC in the pros. 

So, yeah, I think what he learned about the NFL is that he can't cut it there and that he should crawl back into the warm embrace of his mentor (who knows a thing or two about not being able to make it in the NFL also) and the mentor's safe space. Then the guy had 4 WR #1 draft picks to play with along with #1 picks at TB, QB, and OL. He then beat the everliving shit out of a grossly overrated SEC for two consecutive years. 

After that, the fart-huffing knobslobbers pulling the strings at Texas, high off of their own hubris, decided that they had to have him, and here we are. Other than the inflated performance as OC at Alabama, there is very little to derive any justification for faith in this guy as a HC. I mean, Steve Sarkisian and Howard Schnellenberger are the only HCs in CFB over the last 30 years that have actually been fired for getting shithoused on the job and coaching the team during games with a BAC above .2. This may be the guy that should actually engender the least amount of trust of anyone they could have picked. It's all just wishcasting. I get it, but that's all it is. 

You may be right
I may be crazy
Oh, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me
You may be wrong for all I know
But you may be right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Much less than 5

Now ask that same question about every other team in the country.

But to make it fair all our dudes would have needed to grow up in that same system. All of our dudes have been in this system less than a year. Our guys have had 3 DCs and 3 OCs in the past 3 seasons. That does make a difference.

Yet Bama gave up 41 points to anm. Same personnel for anm that were fortunate to beat Colorado. And Bama defense collapsed in the last 5 minutes.

11 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Now ask that same question about every other team in the country.

But to make it fair all our dudes would have needed to grow up in that same system. All of our dudes have been in this system less than a year. Our guys have had 3 DCs and 3 OCs in the past 3 seasons. That does make a difference.

Yet Bama gave up 41 points to anm. Same personnel for anm that were fortunate to beat Colorado. And Bama defense collapsed in the last 5 minutes.

we say that but i still think anm will be much closer to bama than we are.  they may lose a lot on the defensive side but they've recruited well there to replenish.  their new oline group will be more experienced moving forward and they add the 5 star qb.

26 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

To be fair, ctj assumed (as did most of us) that our AD had been doing major work ahead of the NIL rollout, and our effort would be stellar. We were way wrong about that. 

I’d wager that bag games can and will still play a significant role for many of the top players, if not most. Still a lot of money to be made prior to stepping on campus before any NIL payments start. 

to think otherwise is naive. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

I’d wager that bag games can and will still play a significant role for many of the top players, if not most. Still a lot of money to be made prior to stepping on campus before any NIL payments start. 

to think otherwise is naive. 

Tax-free money is always preferred.

To be fair, ctj assumed (as did most of us) that our AD had been doing major work ahead of the NIL rollout, and our effort would be stellar. We were way wrong about that. 
Hey now, any other school have sweet sweet youtube channel level merch deals like our guys? Pure genius...especially since they cant use the logo or even burnt orange! It's subtle and classy, protects the brand while allowing players enough money for a couple cheeseburgers on the weekend. What more can you ask for?
  • Hook 'Em 1

When it comes to schools with the most players in the league Texas is ranked fucking 12th. It’s not a talent issue it’s a lack of development issue. We’ve just had some really shitty coaching over the last decade. Sark and company can turn this around. And if aggy can beat bama so can Texas, quit being vaginas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

we say that but i still think anm will be much closer to bama than we are.  they may lose a lot on the defensive side but they've recruited well there to replenish.  their new oline group will be more experienced moving forward and they add the 5 star qb.

Goes to show you what a 3-4 year head start in dropping serious bags does for you.  You don't have to have all the studs, but having 6-8 of them really helps.  I mean, it's keeping them from being fucking terrible, their natural lot in life.

The "lack of alum" support trope is so fucking tired.

This team has done jack shit for 12 odd years, Alum are looking at their 4th coach in 12 years.

Yet in spite of that a SEZ expansion fucking sold out, numerous NIL engagements (this site's own Burnt Ends eg) were set up and fans are begging to get involved more.

This isn't an alum support issue. It is a bloated admin issue. (and a fucking lack of winning issue)

If Steve is going to come in after shitting the bed late vs OU & OSU  & being embarrassed by Arky and be like "I am shocked at lack of alumni support" he can get fucked.

He needs to be pushing CDC to make RADICAL fucking change in the AD office/staff, start winning some games and then let the NIL train ride.

The alumni and fans are dying to get more involved and there are plenty of us lined up ready to give $ to help players come to UT. I have no interest in seeing that money go to an AD staff that I have zero faith in.

Tired of seeing the fans blamed for the shitstain that has been UT football. Started with FUPM and has just kept rolling.

• Hook 'Em 3

Gerry - Denver Harris

Texas is sitting at 4-3 this season, but that doesn’t mean the Longhorns haven’t impressed 5-star Denver Harris (Houston/North Shore).

The 6-foot-0, 180-pound playmaking cover cornerback has been on campus twice this season. It has been the offense that has impressed one of the nations top defensive prospects the most.

“The offense has really been catching my eye,” Harris told On3. “More than the defense because the defense has to work on consistency.”

The Longhorns assistant that Harris talks to the most is ace recruiter Jeff Banks.

“I talk to Coach Banks the most. Terry Joseph some too, but mostly Banks. He says come to Texas. When you get here, you are going to like it. You see what we’ve got going on.”

Harris also has a teammate constantly in his ear about the Longhorns. On300 No. 59 and Texas commit Kristopher Ross doesn’t let up on the Horns.

“Shoot, he’s tells me Texas everyday. When he sees me talking about football with someone, he says Texas. He says come to Texas, you already know what Texas is going to do (in the future).”

Denver Harris in quotes

Harris wants the opportunity to compete for a job right away. But he is also okay with some developmental time.

“I want to come in and play right away, of course. If I have to develop a little and wait, that’s okay. But I want to play right away.”

Nick Saban, not Jay Valai, is the coach at Alabama Harris has the best relationship with.

“Really, I talk a lot more to Nick than the position coach. Nick is more involved with the DBs and stuff. That’s the truth. The position coach and I have a good relationship, but it’s more Nick.”

Corey Raymond remains the best coach relationship Harris has in the process. Raymond’s message is patience right now. The two are in contact daily.

“He says they are doing the best they can with the situation they have right now. And that he plans to be at LSU.”

The Texas A&M win over Alabama didn’t register with Harris, but it has with other prospects.

“It didn’t register with me. Bama is still Bama. I really have been hearing more buzz from guys considering Texas A&M, and their coaches.”

Inside Texas and On3 believes that LSU and Texas are in front of Alabama, as it currently stands. Texas has been moving in the right direction this season. The LSU coaching hire looms quite large in this recruitment. Raymond is expected to be on the next LSU staff. If the hire is appealing to Harris and family, the Tigers will be a tough out.

Harris is currently expected to announce a decision in December.

33 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

He needs to be pushing CDC to make RADICAL fucking change in the AD office/staff, start winning some games and then let the NIL train ride.

Why should the head football coach do that? Well, according to some here, that is what Urban Meyer wanted with his own associate AD to report to. 

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why should the head football coach do that? Well, according to some here, that is what Urban Meyer wanted with his own associate AD to report to. 

Sure all you would tell your boss you don’t like how he is doing something and make radical changes. Seems legit.

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He is the highest paid employee in the state driving the biggest cash cow for UT, anyone thinking that Sark & CDC have a normal employer/employee relationship are kidding themselves.

Sark has CDC over a barrel as Texas cannot go through another HC in 3 years and start process over again. So up front and in his first year he should absolutely push for changes that enable greater success to the program/recruiting etc

Just now, BrazilHorn said:

He is the highest paid employee in the state driving the biggest cash cow for UT, anyone thinking that Sark & CDC have a normal employer/employee relationship are kidding themselves.

Sark has CDC over a barrel as Texas cannot go through another HC in 3 years and start process over again. So up front and in his first year he should absolutely push for changes that enable greater success to the program/recruiting etc

Calm down Randy Duke.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

This team has done jack shit for 12 odd years, Alum are looking at their 4th coach in 12 years.

Yet in spite of that a SEZ expansion fucking sold out, numerous NIL engagements (this site's own Burnt Ends eg) were set up and fans are begging to get involved more.

This isn't an alum support issue. It is a bloated admin issue. (and a fucking lack of winning issue)

If Steve is going to come in after shitting the bed late vs OU & OSU  & being embarrassed by Arky and be like "I am shocked at lack of alumni support" he can get fucked.

The alumni and fans are dying to get more involved and there are plenty of us lined up ready to give $ to help players come to UT. I have no interest in seeing that money go to an AD staff that I have zero faith in.

Tired of seeing the fans blamed for the shitstain that has been UT football. Started with FUPM and has just kept rolling.

Texas is never going to have the level of top down alumni support that Bama or Oklahoma or Ohio State or whoever else in that tier has. Texas alumni generally view the football program as an extension of the university. Those programs are professional football teams loosely affiliated with their respective schools. Texas looks more like Michigan or USC in that regard. That said, given the size and resources in the Texas alumni base and what the AD has been able to put together in terms of investment in recent years, it's pretty clearly enough to compete with the former set anyway.

That does not make you get embarrassed at Arkansas or blow multi-score leads with 90+ percent win probability in back to back weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry - Denver Harris

Texas is sitting at 4-3 this season, but that doesn’t mean the Longhorns haven’t impressed 5-star Denver Harris (Houston/North Shore).

The 6-foot-0, 180-pound playmaking cover cornerback has been on campus twice this season. It has been the offense that has impressed one of the nations top defensive prospects the most.

“The offense has really been catching my eye,” Harris told On3. “More than the defense because the defense has to work on consistency.”

The Longhorns assistant that Harris talks to the most is ace recruiter Jeff Banks.

“I talk to Coach Banks the most. Terry Joseph some too, but mostly Banks. He says come to Texas. When you get here, you are going to like it. You see what we’ve got going on.”

Harris also has a teammate constantly in his ear about the Longhorns. On300 No. 59 and Texas commit Kristopher Ross doesn’t let up on the Horns.

“Shoot, he’s tells me Texas everyday. When he sees me talking about football with someone, he says Texas. He says come to Texas, you already know what Texas is going to do (in the future).”

Denver Harris in quotes

Harris wants the opportunity to compete for a job right away. But he is also okay with some developmental time.

“I want to come in and play right away, of course. If I have to develop a little and wait, that’s okay. But I want to play right away.”

Nick Saban, not Jay Valai, is the coach at Alabama Harris has the best relationship with.

“Really, I talk a lot more to Nick than the position coach. Nick is more involved with the DBs and stuff. That’s the truth. The position coach and I have a good relationship, but it’s more Nick.”

Corey Raymond remains the best coach relationship Harris has in the process. Raymond’s message is patience right now. The two are in contact daily.

“He says they are doing the best they can with the situation they have right now. And that he plans to be at LSU.”

The Texas A&M win over Alabama didn’t register with Harris, but it has with other prospects.

“It didn’t register with me. Bama is still Bama. I really have been hearing more buzz from guys considering Texas A&M, and their coaches.”

Inside Texas and On3 believes that LSU and Texas are in front of Alabama, as it currently stands. Texas has been moving in the right direction this season. The LSU coaching hire looms quite large in this recruitment. Raymond is expected to be on the next LSU staff. If the hire is appealing to Harris and family, the Tigers will be a tough out.

Harris is currently expected to announce a decision in December.

lol at "Nick"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

I hear what you are saying, but I don’t believe that’s the kind of “support” he’s talking about.  I think he means the alumni “support” aggy, clemson, and tOSU have. He’s trying not to say the quiet part out loud.  NIL deals aren’t buying churches, after all. 

• Hook 'Em 5

10 hours ago, mantis toboggan said:

But I was told by ctj that bag games will be irrelevant. 

9 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

mantis is just a whiny bitch when everything discussed looking forward doesn't go exactly as speculated. He needs and expects certainty, dammit. I don't mind the shittalking when it's in context and put up against something I actually said, but his statement is no different than me talking about that time he told us all that Charlie Strong was going to be the next DKR and defended the man all the way to the unemployment line.

In truth, what I actually have said, and stand by, is that in the future the bag game will become largely irrelevant outside of the people absolutely intent on black market practices, which exist in any industry. I never said shit about this current class not having the bag game front and center and said it's probably going to be around similar to current form for at least the next few classes.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I hear what you are saying, but I don’t believe that’s the kind of “support” he’s talking about.  I think he means the alumni “support” aggy, clemson, and tOSU have. He’s trying not to say the quiet part out loud.  NIL deals aren’t buying churches, after all. 

season 6 episode 13 GIF

21 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You’re correct.   Building a bag game off a couple 80 year old billionaires can be very effective and can get up and running fast if they really want to see another championship before they die, but it isn’t very sustainable.   Look at the top of the game and you will find organized systems with someone running point.   

Mack knew which trees to shake, just wasn’t sustainable, Charlie was a dunce, and Tom was an asshole.  

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Wtf?? That would be a big surprise

37 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

link darts GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

When it comes to schools with the most players in the league Texas is ranked fucking 12th. It’s not a talent issue it’s a lack of development issue. We’ve just had some really shitty coaching over the last decade. Sark and company can turn this around. And if aggy can beat bama so can Texas, quit being vaginas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At what positions are those players and how many years have they been in the league 

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

mantis is just a whiny bitch when everything discussed looking forward doesn't go exactly as speculated. He needs and expects certainty, dammit. I don't mind the shittalking when it's in context and put up against something I actually said, but his statement is no different than me talking about that time he told us all that Charlie Strong was going to be the next DKR and defended the man all the way to the unemployment line.

In truth, what I actually have said, and stand by, is that in the future the bag game will become largely irrelevant outside of the people absolutely intent on black market practices, which exist in any industry. I never said shit about this current class not having the bag game front and center and said it's probably going to be around similar to current form for at least the next few classes.

I know you hate being wrong so apologies in advance but you must have me confused with another mantis poster. There are a couple of them with subtle name differences. I wasn’t even on here during the Strong era. 

although I can confirm your point about me being a whiny bitch. It suits me particularly well on this message board. 

7 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

I know you hate being wrong so apologies in advance but you must have me confused with another mantis poster. There are a couple of them with subtle name differences. I wasn’t even on here during the Strong era. 

although I can confirm your point about me being a whiny bitch. It suits me particularly well on this message board. 

Yeah, you missed the point. I made up the Strong stuff as a parallel to you making up me claiming the bag game would be "irrelevant" in this class. You can't show your work on that, so either own it as a mistake or a lie, don't care which, but at least understand what's happening here.

As to "hate being wrong", right. I'm wrong all the time and happily admit as much. Do you understand the difference between "being wrong" and "having shit made up about what you said because a dumb fucking poster has no reading comprehension"? It doesn't seem like you get it.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, you missed the point. I made up the Strong stuff as a parallel to you making up me claiming the bag game would be "irrelevant" in this class. You can't show your work on that, so either own it as a mistake or a lie, don't care which, but at least understand what's happening here.

As to "hate being wrong", right. I'm wrong all the time and happily admit as much. Do you understand the difference between "being wrong" and "having shit made up about what you said because a dumb fucking poster has no reading comprehension"? It doesn't seem like you get it.

Your point sucks because it is made up. 

I said “ But I was told by ctj that bag games will be irrelevant.“. 

this is accurate and you verified above. You believe it will be come irrelevant after the next few classes. Ok great. I happen to think it will still be relevant after the next few classes. We can see what happens or just have a race and let the winner be correct for now. 

1 minute ago, mantis toboggan said:

Your point sucks because it is made up. 

I said “ But I was told by ctj that bag games will be irrelevant.“. 

this is accurate and you verified above. You believe it will be come irrelevant after the next few classes. Ok great. I happen to think it will still be relevant after the next few classes. We can see what happens or just have a race and let the winner be correct for now. 

What you wrote is the bulletin board version of yellow journalism, dude. I don't expect you to get it because in reading your last few posts, yeah, wow, I've been wasting my time here.

Bag games WILL be irrelevant with the NIL. Too many ways to do it legally now. Why give a kids uncle $80k in poker chips at Harrahs when you could instead just give him $80k to tweet about your shitty car dealership. Anyone that says the NIL isn’t the great equalizer doesn’t understand the NIL and what it can accomplish. And with some help, a little luck and the right people buying in, Texas won’t be left behind. I can personally assure you of that

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Bag games WILL be irrelevant with the NIL. Too many ways to do it legally now. Why give a kids uncle $80k in poker chips at Harrahs when you could instead just give him $80k to tweet about your shitty car dealership. Anyone that says the NIL isn’t the great equalizer doesn’t understand the NIL and what it can accomplish. And with some help, a little luck and the right people buying in, Texas won’t be left behind. I can personally assure you of that

We need to see that Chris Plonsky is retired soon. That would probably help out.

She loves mediocrity. And old pussy. But I repeat myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What you wrote is the bulletin board version of yellow journalism, dude. I don't expect you to get it because in reading your last few posts, yeah, wow, I've been wasting my time here.

Yellow journalism on a bulletin board!  First time for everything, I guess.  I’ll do my part to not let that happen again. If nothing else comes from this at least you acknowledge that you are wasting your time here. I learned that a while back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Why give a kids uncle $80k in poker chips at Harrahs when you could instead just give him $80k to tweet about your shitty car dealership. 

This seems like the same thing, just different avenue. I think the debate is about whether these type of up-front BS uncle payments will be relevant at all vs. ongoing NIL once on campus.

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

We need to see that Chris Plonsky is retired soon. That would probably help out.

She loves mediocrity. And old pussy. But I repeat myself.

Compliance isn’t that hard to deal with. That whole thing is majorly overblown IMO. The no burnt orange thing is very stupid but otherwise it’s not even a hurdle IMO. You just have to know what the fuck you’re doing 

Some folks are going to sit here and whine about the bag game as some catch all. When folks bitch about alumni support, it's not just the bag game. It's the fact, that in general, the alumni don't fucking get ANYTHING. They're not lining up to build the death star for legal shit like the NIL either. It's legal. But they're clueless and slow to act and want to know how they benefit. And sadly, winning championships doesn't appear to be the top of their benefit list. So yeah, it's not the bags, it's just general booster malaise, and not wanting to demand excellence for whatever reasons exist. These are folks who still didn't think our facilities needed updating. 

And for those who dont think the bag game will diminish with the NIL, consider that a trainer or uncle fucking around and trying to leverage more payments and bags will actually become a THREAT to players signing and earning money in college through the NIL. There's a current Texas commit which is 100% proof of that right now. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

While I agree, we are years away from the bag game going away. Cash is king, and cash now is even better. Unless you can guarantee an NIL deal, it isnt going to help much when Alabama says fuck all that here's 80k and a dodge charger lease. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

This seems like the same thing, just different avenue. I think the debate is about whether these type of up-front BS uncle payments will be relevant at all vs. ongoing NIL once on campus.

No they aren’t even close to the same thing. One is an NCAA violation that could be ruinous for the kid and the school and the other is above board and actively encouraged and promoted

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting