Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/04/open-post-tuesday-april-23rd/

Quick Hitter | 2022 QB Ewers Update
– CJ Vogel

caught up with 2022 quarterback Quinn Ewers out of Southlake Carroll HS.

Though it is incredibly early in the process for Ewers he has garnered interest from some of the top schools in the country and holds offers from Michigan, Ohio State and Arkansas.

Ewers will likely be the Preston Stone of the 2022 class and will certainly be in the conversation for best quarterback in the state and possible five star talent.

Texas offensive coordinator Tim Beck has been in contact with him quite often early on and there is legit interest from both sides.

Ewers visited Austin in February but said “as soon as I can, I will (return)” to the 40 Acres.

There is still a ton of time for this recruitment to play out, however, Ewers said at the moment he is hearing the most from Texas and Texas A&M, who recently hosted him for an unofficial on the last weekend of March.

To give an idea of what type of arm this kid has, this was filmed last year during his freshman season.

Ewers is certainly a name that will be atop of Texas’ recruiting big board for the 2022 class.

9 hours ago, campcrunk said:

Quaron Adams seems like someone the staff might interested in - he ran 10.49 second 100 as a freshman. Running back from the same high school as Liebrock.

Herman said he wanted more speed - this kid looks like he's been shot out of a cannon on just about every play from his HUDL: http://www.hudl.com/v/2Ak9uP

That's a great HUDL tape. Speed definitely translates to field for him. Really good at using his blockers and running downhill.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

IT

2022 RB EMEKA MEGWA

While on a stop to Nolan Catholic in Fort Worth, the UT staff laid eyes on sophomore tailback Emeka Megwa. Later that night, he received an offer.

That’s significant considering Texas has only extended one other offer for 2022 with Dallas Skyline DT Bear Alexander being the recpipient. The early offer really caught the budding star off guard.

“It was crazy," said Megwa. "My mind was blown. I just can’t wait to get down (Austin) and visit and meet the staff.”

The junior-to-be holds 15 offers including Ohio State, LSU, Florida, Nebraska, and Texas A&M among the group. Not bad for the 6-foot, 200-pounder with a 4.6 (40) at The Opening regional in March. He tallied almost 700 yards and five TDs in 2018 for coach David Beaudin's squad.

“The school and program are really great," Megwa said. "My coach (Beaudin) talks very highly about them, and I believe everything he says."

He's looking to see UT when he trips to Austin for a summer camp in early in June. Right now, he's just enjoying the process but the Horns made a strong impression on him already. He'll be one to watch in the C/O 2022 along with Tyler's Jamarion Miller.

• Like 1

^^^^ 

"The junior-to-be" -- I'm not saying he won't eventually be a junior, but isn't sophomore-to-be a more immediate descriptor? Or am I miscounting. 2020's are about to be seniors; 2021's are about to be juniors; 2022's are about to be...

Anyways, this kid must be something else, and against FW Nolan's competition I'd think double-digit ypc should be a baseline expectation for that type of talent

4 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

^^^^ 

"The junior-to-be" -- I'm not saying he won't eventually be a junior, but isn't sophomore-to-be a more immediate descriptor? Or am I miscounting. 2020's are about to be seniors; 2021's are about to be juniors; 2022's are about to be...

Anyways, this kid must be something else, and against FW Nolan's competition I'd think double-digit ypc should be a baseline expectation for that type of talent

I think you're right, Wells erred in writing that.

1 hour ago, TommyGufano said:

^^^^ 

The correct term is "rising junior" 

20 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

^^^^ 

At least he's not from Silsbee. 

On 5/18/2019 at 1:18 PM, Machinator said:

This guy is a solid citizen, a good student, and a willing leader/role model.  Mrs. BMB had him in eighth grade art class, and thinks he's the real McCoy.  If he grows just a bit over the next three years, he could enter beast mode.  Also has offers from UTSA and Arkansas on the table.  

It's a little unnerving how much we're recruiting Arizona. Sure there might be a few gems, but that states footballl is not very deep. To put in perspective, Dallas/Fort Worth produces more 4 stars than that entire state. Can't stray too far from home or it's really gonna put us in a pinch in the long run.

• Fuck You 5

It's a little unnerving how much we're recruiting Arizona. Sure there might be a few gems, but that states footballl is not very deep. To put in perspective, Dallas/Fort Worth produces more 4 stars than that entire state. Can't stray too far from home or it's really gonna put us in a pinch in the long run.

Lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

This is the kinda stupid take that put Texas in the fucking hole of mediocrity for the last 10 years.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

This is the kinda stupid take that put Texas in the fucking hole of mediocrity for the last 10 years.

Interesting. I thought it had more to do with trotting out guys like Tyrone Swoopes, Connor Brewer, Case McCoy .... This is while missing on multiple in state targets Manziel, Griffin 3, Luck etc.

Edited by RoyalBevo21

10 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

We're in on two 5*s from the state in the current class and you're complaining about recruiting that area? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Interesting. I thought it had more to do with trotting out guys like Tyrone Swoopes, Connor Brewer, Case McCoy .... This is while missing on multiple in state targets Manziel, Griffin 3, Luck etc.

Luck was the only miss on that list Manziel and RG3 where not some top can’t miss recruits. Also the lazy ass let’s just recruit Texas instead of searching the country for the best recruits that killed Texas. You can’t win a title with just Texas recruits it’s not 1965 anymore.

• Fuck You 1

58 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

lol... so Lincoln Riley pulling their next in line all world QB out of Arizona isn't smart because its Arizona?  They use different footballs or something we don't know about.

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

lol... so Lincoln Riley pulling their next in line all world QB out of Arizona isn't smart because its Arizona?  They use different footballs or something we don't know about.

Weird, I didn't know he had played in college yet? And so all worldly not projected to supplant a runningback disguised as a QB. Oh well, y'all get back to the knob slobbing, I've been around AZ HS football for many years and seen the level of competition with my own eyes, as I said before they might have a few gems here and there but go look at their 4/5* recruits the last 10 years, more busts than hits. Carry on and flame away lol. 

Edited by RoyalBevo21
  • Fuck You 2

8 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Oh well, y'all get back to the knob slobbing, I've been around AZ HS football for many years and seen the level of competition with my own eyes, as I said before they might have a few gems here and there but go look at their 4/5* recruits the last 10 years, more busts than hits. Carry on and flame away lol. 

Very good eyes. It would be terrible for us to reel in talents like the ones below when we could settle for a backup option at the position solely becuase he plays football in Dallas.

Here’s a look at all of the 4 and 5 stars from AZ for the last two classes that have had a chance to finish their careers.

2016:

N’Keal Harry: first round pick at WR

Byron Murphy: First team all pac 12, Confernece championship game MVP, pick #33 in this year’s draft.

Garret Rand: played spot duty for Wisconsin first two years, then tore his Achilles, so TBD.

Chase Lucas: Started two years at CB, including Freshman All-American and second team all Pac 12, still at ASU.

2015:

Christian Kirk: Conference freshman of the year, 2 time All-SEC WR, 2nd round pick.

Keenan Walker: got in trouble at UA, transferred to Independence CC. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting