Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 hours ago, rvm96 said:

Must get because I'm a Green Bay Packers fan

Son of Donald?

6 hours ago, rvm96 said:

Another fun family connection in this class. Mr 5.03 40 yard dash, Santino Marchiol, has a younger brother that is a QB recruit for 2022. Yurcich recently started following him.

https://247sports.com/Player/Nicco-Marchiol-46084789/

Surprised that he isn't at IMG like his older racist aggy brother was.

IT Scoop - '22 relevant

Spoiler

NORTH SHORE'S DENVER HARRIS AND KATY'S BOBBY TAYLOR

These two grew up together on Houston's Southwest side of town. They arrived seperately yesterday but both spent quite a bit of time with Valai and heard the points I mentioned above.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore (2022): It may seem early to write about this class but this Spring is foundational to recruiting blue chip sophomores, which Harris certainly is. In fact, he's so highly thought of if you haven't been recruiting him you're already way behind. Of course, everybody is way behind anyway. :)

I'm going to bullet point the keys:

- Arrived and took pictures, then met with academic advisors, then met with Valai.

- Valai explained his philosophy, expectations, and showed drills he likes to use to improve technique. This was a high point of the day for Harris.

- Harris also met with Tom Herman and Chris Ash. Offseason Herman was in full effect and having fun.

- He doesn't want to go the full distance in recruiting but he is interested to see how Texas does this Fall. He and his mother would like to see the corners become dominant. They know how talented Jalen Green, Anthony Cook, and D'Shawn Jamison are.

- As I've been saying for a long time, I don't see him going far from home. You'd be hard-pressed to see a recruitment for a five-star that sets up better for Texas.

DB Bobby Taylor Jr., Katy (2022): The son of famed Longview/Notre Dame/Philadelphia Eagles star Bobby Taylor and University of Houston WBB player Nakia Price had a similar experience to his childhood friend Denver Harris.

"Texas went well yesterday, absolutely loved it. The thing that stood out the most was the new hall of fame, of course, and learning about the Longhorn Network and its benefits after school."

When a player mentions networking and benefits after school they typically have a business mind. I know his father has that mindset and yesterday I found out his mother does too. She's co-owner, along with her husband, of the tremendously popular Turkey Leg Hut.

This was Taylor's first time meeting with Valai and it went very well.

"His energy was through the roof, I loved it. We had the opportunity to sit down and talk football for a very long time. No other coach had ever done that with me. I felt the love."

Taylor picked up an offer from Alabama last week and I could see Texas following suit, perhaps as soon as today.

Spring plans?

"My plan for the spring is go get better, work with my team, and hit a couple of schools on visits. I’ll be in Mississippi and Alabama very soon."

On Caleb Burton and Devon Campbell... the prospective pair were the only participants from the C/O 2022 at Elite Day, so you know Texas holds them in high regard.

For Burton, the 6-foot-0, 165-pound receiver has had UT on him for a while. He's attended numerous camps and the staff loves him. He holds 20+ offers including UT, OU, LSU, and Nebraska, and that list is certainly bound to expand.

“Texas visit was good, it was good to be back and meet all the new coaches," Burton said. "I met with Coach Coleman, the new WR coach, who is a really cool guy, who focuses on details which I really like. He made an impression."

The 2022 Del Valle talent is no stranger to the Forty Acres. He's attended a number of games and will likely do the same in 2020.

“(Coleman) and I had a chance to sit down and talk football," said Burton. "And (Coach Coleman) left a really a good mark on me. I loved the vibe they had going there. I can’t wait to see what the next couple seasons hold for them and the wide receivers especially."

Burton will be in high demand over the next few years. Texas has planted the seed.

For Campbell, this is all new to him. The 6-foot-3, 260-pound offensive lineman loved his first visit to Austin. UT got on him early, which should pay dividends down the road. The Arlington Bowie product already holds a few offers - Texas, Florida State - and wants more.

"It was really overwhelming," said Campbell, about his experience. "Knowing I was one of only two sophomores visiting was special to me. I'm really excited to see what my future holds."

Campbell is a mauler who has looked salty in early camp settings, and brings a nasty disposition to the line. Herb Hand agreed.

"I really like Coach Hand and the way he coaches," Campbell said. "(Hand) likes me at different spots on the o-line, that he'd move me around for my versatility."

Campbell hopes to return for the spring game or a Saturday in the fall. Remember this name.

On 4/2/2019 at 6:28 PM, fellside said:

Aledo got a 2022 kid from FW Southwest named Bryan (BJ) Allen. Already has offers from Baylor and Houston.  We'll probably he talking about him in this thread eventually.

Ran a sub 11 100m in middle school.  The rich get richer.

He just got offered by OU.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting