Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Getting Thomas should help out with his teammate for this class.

https://247sports.com/player/jaylon-guilbeau-46085543/

Obviously a big need for us. We need to keep Port Arthur locked down as a pipeline. Also that kid looks like he never fucking misses chest day. For a cornerback he’s built more like David Boston after all his roids. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

IIRC Perroni (or maybe one of the Texags guys) said this kid was A&M's top 2022 target, since it seems Ewers is a non-starter for them.

15 hours ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

IIRC Perroni (or maybe one of the Texags guys) said this kid was A&M's top 2022 target, since it seems Ewers is a non-starter for them.

I watched the tape.. wow..kid seems to be really really good.  His WRs seem to suck.. lots of dropped passes.  Think if he played in Texas he would give Ewers a run for his money.  Good that the staff offered him but I'm sure TN will do whatever it takes to get him to stay.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, texifornia said:

For those who keep tabs on such things, does a kid who runs a 4.75 at this age figure to get faster? I assume he'll end up north of 200 pounds by HS graduation, and I realize he doesn't have to run like Brandon Jones to play safety, but just curious what the trend tends to be.    

Edited by Gut Wagon

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

For those who keep tabs on such things, does a kid who runs a 4.75 at this age figure to get faster? I assume he'll end up north of pounds by HS graduation, and I realize he doesn't have to run like Brandon Jones to play safety, but just curious what the trend tends to be.    

Assuming this kid hasn't already spent 3+ years at a well-funded Texas High School or with a dedicated 'speed' coach - yes you can expect he'd get faster in a timed 40.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Assuming this kid hasn't already spent 3+ years at a well-funded Texas High School or with a dedicated 'speed' coach - yes you can expect he'd get faster in a timed 40.  

FWK will have him running in the low 4.5s after he's done with him

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Boy, literally everything about that 247 page screams "OU lock"

Idiot Drumm posted this 247 link to his profile

https://247sports.com/Player/Jacob-Sexton-46085990/?Notification.Success=Jacob+Sexton+Recruit+Interests+has+been+successfully+created

Kid gets an offer from Texas and he immediately changes the "Interest" section of his profile to blOU exclusively. Sounds about right. 

Ewers had an interview on Roachs podcast. Not a lot to note but he definitely seemed excited to talk about OU when talking about schools that will get official visits (also mentioned Texas and like 8 other schools)

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Ewers had an interview on Roachs podcast. Not a lot to note but he definitely seemed excited to talk about OU when talking about schools that will get official visits (also mentioned Texas and like 8 other schools)

Mike Yurcich has Taylor fucking Cornelius playing football after graduation. The corn dog is still playing football professionally. I'll take that guy over a developer of dudes with obvious talent ALL DAY.

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Mike Yurcich has Taylor fucking Cornelius playing football after graduation. The corn dog is still playing football professionally. I'll take that guy over a developer of dudes with obvious talent ALL DAY.

Shame you’re not Quinn Ewers. 

On 5/5/2020 at 5:46 AM, Don Hornleone said:

The Ewers kid seems to love Lincoln Riley, based off Twitter likes at least. Interestingly, he also liked the tweet from Ty Simpson announcing his recent offer to Texas.

FML... I’m trying to make sense of kids social media activities.  

Just remember they change their mind every 5 seconds and that there is always an uncle.  

3 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Buckeye boards seem to think they lead for Caleb Burton as well as Justin Medlock. Supposedly Burton has looked up to Garrett Wilson for a while, so it probably shouldn’t be much of a surprise.

https://247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Burton-46076668/

https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Medlock-46081319/

He witnessed Meh and Coach fuck up the Wilson recruitment even though he was always going to ohio IMO, Wilson was going out of his way to talk shit about our staff. I expect our WR's to look much better under this new staff, we'll see if it's enough but Burton is a stud. 

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

He witnessed Meh and Coach fuck up the Wilson recruitment even though he was always going to ohio IMO, Wilson was going out of his way to talk shit about our staff. I expect our WR's to look much better under this new staff, we'll see if it's enough but Burton is a stud. 

Isn't Medlock an aggy legacy? Didn't Looch just write that? 

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

Struggling to come to terms with the fact that Ewers isn't going to CStat

Hide contents

EXhyi38XQAAyUzP?format=jpg&name=360x360EXhyjLJXsAAOdd2?format=jpg&name=360x360EXhyjhsXkAILebH?format=png&name=360x360

"If he isn't coming here, please, oh please let him go somewhere outside the SEC. I mean, not t.u. either, even though that would have zero to do with our program beyond furthering out ICU-level butthurtness."

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting