Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

"IF" it is Blue, we would be sweating that one for the next 2 years.  LSU just offered and that's his "dream school"  You know he'd make the rounds taking visits.

Perhaps. But you would assume that the coaching staff knows this and if it's the case, why take his commitment now?

17 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like we offered Cain's teammate for this class.  DT with the usual suspects as offers.

https://247sports.com/Player/Shone-Washington-46082383/

From that offer list, he appears he has shone in his high school career so far. But will he shine in the future too?

https://grammarist.com/usage/shined-shone/

(sorry, i'm a dork when it comes to these players names. there are some doozies this year like every year. Cue Key & Peele) 

- Jaydon Blue's retweeted a bunch of LSU stuff as well ...

- but the Drayton follow ups are interesting

- Carrington's retweeted the two Blue tweets, too

- Also, Drayton and Carrington have retweeted the LJ Johnson edits, FWIW.  Probably tree fiddy.

This twitter stuff is dangerous.  Don't try this at home. 

• Like 1

LSU 247 / Billy Embody / Four-star running back has LSU at the top of his list

Spoiler

Four-star running back has LSU at the top of his list
ByBILLY EMBODY May 16, 11:39 AM

2022 Houston (Tex.) Klein Cain running back Jaydon Blue picked up LSU, Ohio State and Georgia offers in the same 48-hour span this month, continuing the show how highly-touted the four-star prospect is by college coaches.

"Everything just blew up for me," Blue told Geaux247. "Before all this corona stuff, I had like eight or nine offers. All the sudden I have 24 now. Really, it just tells me to keep working. Growing up, I knew I was going to be a big offer kid. I just have to stay motivated and it keeps me working."

His cousin, former LSU safety Craig Loston, is just one of the reasons why he's so interested in LSU and he's visited multiple times.

"Growing up, I always watched LSU. I just liked LSU since I was growing up and I've been to the school plenty of times," Blue said. "I just love the environment and the coaches there. What I like about LSU is how the school is laid out, great environment, the people around it and coach Faulk, coach Young, we've been talking a lot. I talked to Coach O and about going down for a visit."

Head coach Ed Orgeron and running backs coach Kevin Faulk both have made good impressions, as did Clyde Edwards-Helaire in the 2019 National Championship season.

"When I first met him, he had already knew who I was. He basically told me to keep working and that he was going to offer me. Stay patient," Blue explained. "Coach Faulk, first time I met him, coach (Caleb) Young got us on the phone, ever since we've been talking every week. I like him. Haven't gotten to meet him in-person. Seems like a good dude.

"I knew he (Edwards-Helaire) was going to be a first round guy. This year was one of the best seasons with Joe Burrow, Clyde. They just had a whole bunch of weapons on offense."

When he picked up the offer, even Blue gave it serious thought about what it'd be like to go there now that he had an LSU offer.

"I wouldn't say I was close to committing, but I just thought about going there. I'm just going to let it all play out and see how everything goes," he said. "LSU is definitely at the top of my list. I've been wanting that one since I was little. I will always love LSU. It felt good."

LSU, Texas, USC, Ohio State, Alabama and Oklahoma are recruiting him the hardest and where he wants to visit this fall, he reported.

The Longhorns hold the 247Sports Crystal Ball edge for him. While Texas is up there for him, he's got two other schools that are battling the most for him right now

"Some of the experts on 247 has me going to Texas, but that was from when I visited there and they always interview me about UT and I talk about how much I like it, but right now that I got the LSU offer, that is probably at the top of my list. Also, I've been talking to Oklahoma every day so they'd also be up there. I have two more years so I'm just taking it slow."

Ro Simon, one of the top trainers in Texas, has been keeping the 5-9, 192-pound back in shape during the coronavirus pandemic.

"We are on this five-day workout thing where we'll go to the field one day, we'll go run hills and stuff," Blue said. "It's an every week thing. We rest on the weekends. That's been keeping me going and keeping me in shape."

Coming off an impressive sophomore campaign that landed him District 15-6A Offensive Newcomer of the Year honors, Blue believes he can do it all on the field.

"I would say I have a combination of speed, power, agility. I have good footwork, vision. I can break tackles. I can catch out of the backfield. Total package."

247Sports ranks Blue as the No. 80 overall prospect in the country, No. 7 running back in the nation and No. 11 overall prospect in Texas. As a sophomore, he rushed for 1,612 yards and 16 touchdowns on 205 carries.

giphy.gif

Mike Roach had an interview with Jaydon Blue. Sounds like he loves LSU but also is very high on Texas and probably in the lead. He wants to stay in Texas and he has a 4.0 GPA so grades are very important....that part doesn’t sound like LSU. Sounds like Drayton and Herman are both all over it

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Mike Roach had an interview with Jaydon Blue. Sounds like he loves LSU but also is very high on Texas and probably in the lead. He wants to stay in Texas and he has a 4.0 GPA so grades are very important....that part doesn’t sound like LSU. Sounds like Drayton and Herman are both all over it

He did an interview a few days ago - I think I posted it, but not sure - where he explicitly said LSU was in the lead, FWIW.  

8 minutes ago, Getafix said:

He did an interview a few days ago - I think I posted it, but not sure - where he explicitly said LSU was in the lead, FWIW.  

Ya he mentioned he grew up an LSU fan and was really into them. Also mentioned that he may not commit till NSD next year

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Other 22 notes- Horns are in really great position for Caleb Burton, Chase Biddle, Jordan Hudson, Denver Harris and Devon Campbell

yeah i couldn't take Nick serious when he said that Texas is in a great position for Burton.  He said a while back that he wanted to get away from Austin.

• Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting