Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Listened to Roach’s interview with Blue.  Looks like we check off everything he’s looking for.  He has. 4.0 gpa and states academics are his #1 priority and then relationships.  Said Texas was the 2nd school to offer him and that Drayton and Herman text or communicate with him almost every day.  He mentioned something along the lines of preferring to stay home to play.  He also mentioned he wants to go to a school that will send him to the NFL.   He mentioned LSU is his dream school and that was the 1 school he’s been waiting on offering because he’s always wanted to play there.  Said while Texas offering early has helped, he won’t be basing a decision on when schools offered him.  

Texas needs to ass rape LSU and ou this year and win.  If we can do that, have Ingram have a 1000 yard season and have Bijan produce, I think he’s ours.  Also his parents seem to be giving him good advice but they will let him make his own decision.  This recruitment is just starting and will interesting when UGA, Bama, LSU start to recruit him heavily.

• Like 1

Probably already mentioned, but he’s Aaron Jones’ brother. I know nobody likes missing out on the likes of Wheaton and Johnson, but I think at least one of the backs stringing together offers this spring will be just as good as either of them (maybe not Johnson, but more likely Wheaton). This guy and McCaskill (and maybe even backs like JP Martin, Jaden Nixon, and Cam’Ron Valdez) all have good shots to keep getting better and become successful college backs.

5 hours ago, victory88 said:

Listened to Roach’s interview with Blue.  Looks like we check off everything he’s looking for.  He has. 4.0 gpa and states academics are his #1 priority and then relationships.  Said Texas was the 2nd school to offer him and that Drayton and Herman text or communicate with him almost every day.  He mentioned something along the lines of preferring to stay home to play.  He also mentioned he wants to go to a school that will send him to the NFL.   He mentioned LSU is his dream school and that was the 1 school he’s been waiting on offering because he’s always wanted to play there.  Said while Texas offering early has helped, he won’t be basing a decision on when schools offered him.  

Texas needs to ass rape LSU and ou this year and win.  If we can do that, have Ingram have a 1000 yard season and have Bijan produce, I think he’s ours.  Also his parents seem to be giving him good advice but they will let him make his own decision.  This recruitment is just starting and will interesting when UGA, Bama, LSU start to recruit him heavily.

Geez... How can LSU be at the top of Blue's list if he really values academics??

Link to podcast...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/analyzing-recent-commitments-interviews-jaydon-blue/id1478796829i=1000475384182

18 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Probably already mentioned, but he’s Aaron Jones’ brother. I know nobody likes missing out on the likes of Wheaton and Johnson, but I think at least one of the backs stringing together offers this spring will be just as good as either of them (maybe not Johnson, but more likely Wheaton). This guy and McCaskill (and maybe even backs like JP Martin, Jaden Nixon, and Cam’Ron Valdez) all have good shots to keep getting better and become successful college backs.

Damn, forgot this was the ‘22 thread. Regardless, the ‘21 backs I listed still seem promising.

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Geez... How can LSU be at the top of Blue's list if he really values academics??

Link to podcast...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/analyzing-recent-commitments-interviews-jaydon-blue/id1478796829i=1000475384182

Because “dream school” that you grew up cheering for means something except when it’s Texas. 

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Between the Littles, Brocks and Ewerses, Herman doesn't seem to do well with the suburban white dads of the world.

"I'll take "which group is most likely to be populated by way over-involved helicopter dads living vicariously through their son's athletic achievements for $1000, Alex". 

daily double GIF by Jeopardy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, golfclap said:

"I'll take "which group is most likely to be populated by way over-involved helicopter dads living vicariously through their son's athletic achievements for $1000, Alex". 

daily double GIF by Jeopardy!

Yep. And each of those dads will have 4-5 friends who are extremely online and carpetbomb the UT message boards with "Jim/Fred/whatever is a great guy, we have after church barbecues together, Herman is some combination of Satan and the amiretarded.gif kid if he doesn't connect with him."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yep. And each of those dads will have 4-5 friends who are extremely online and carpetbomb the UT message boards with "Jim/Fred/whatever is a great guy, we have after church barbecues together, Herman is some combination of Satan and the amiretarded.gif kid if he doesn't connect with him."

Indeed, well except Doug Little. There's no way you could find 4 unpaid people to say anything nice about him. No one can stand that fuckface, ask Sara.  

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Between the Littles, Brocks and Ewerses, Herman doesn't seem to do well with the suburban white dads of the world.

Once dad had Stanford to parade around the office, we were not getting him. Does not help we sent in the village idiot to represent us while Stanford had Bloomgren. Higgins' was a Herman and Meh special, they were never in love with him and he did not beg to join. Wilson was also in his ear & dad Higgins had a timely promotion.

IMO Herman does not know how to communicate with guys like Brock, his comfort zone is relating to kids who grew up like he did. He seems so very awkward when interacting with adults. Outside of Yancy, his closest friends before Ash came along were kids like Lovo, Chang and Meh.

28 minutes ago, Goodman said:

IMO Herman does not know how to communicate with guys like Brock,

Herman is 100% not the problem in that recruitment. 

39 minutes ago, Goodman said:

He seems so very awkward when interacting with adults.

The funny thing is that everyone in the world says that they want the truth right up until they get it. For some people Herman and similarly Yancey (much like Batson) are very off-putting. They find them very abrasive, etc ... 

• Like 1

Maybe still hope with Ewers according to Nahlin...

Quinn-Ewers-1024x623.png

From:  "Eric Nahlin: Herman didn’t sacrifice recruiting for development"

The most important job when it comes to coordinators recruiting is to articulate an attractive philosophy, design a proven scheme, and to explain how a prospect fits within it. These guys don’t have to be ace recruiters, but if they aren’t they do need to be ace coordinators. I have been encouraged by what I’ve heard about Mike Yurcich. When he first arrived at UT, I think he was a little too focused on adding a 2021 quarterback to the class rather than focusing on the real need of adding Southlake Carroll’s Quinn Ewers to the 2022 class.

There seems to have been a quick correction and Texas is right in the thick of it for Ewers, in large part thanks to Yurcich. Unfortunately Texas hasn’t yet been able to capitalize on Yurcich’s preference for getting vertical. Every wide receiver recruit likes to hear that term, but so far Yurcich’s preference to take shots deep hasn’t resonated. Not being able to host prospects for spring ball sure didn’t help. Overall I like what I’m hearing about Yurcich. There’s a lot to like for every skill player.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

Texas is a school standing out for elite OL Devon Campbell

By. MIKE ROACH.     3 hours ago

"At 6-foot-4, 265 pounds, Campbell is ranked as the No. 1 offensive guard in the country and No. 2 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports."

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-Recruiting-Texas-Longhorns-Devon-Campbell-LSU-Tigers-top-schools-147781633/

https://247sports.com/Player/Devon-Campbell-46093947/

Edited by LTtxfan

Kelvin Banks looked pretty good in them clips yesterday going against Jordon Thomas and others.  I know we offered early and he committed to Oklahoma State early as well.  Seemed like we didn't want to take an early commit from an OL, wonder if he's someone we may try to flip and are still talking to.

• Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting