Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

14 minutes ago, Hornsfan91 said:

I know it’s hard to believe but I wouldn’t post something just to post it. Yes he is an LSU legacy but that didn’t matter. If that’s the case the Brocks would be committed already. 

I know you were told that by someone close and  we don't think you're lying or anything, but it does have the air of Adeleye's neighbor coming on here and telling us how Texas is his dream school and not to worry, he'll be a horn right up till he transferred to IMG and later committed to tOSU.

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

I know you were told that by someone close and  we don't think you're lying or anything, but it does have the air of Adeleye's neighbor coming on here and telling us how Texas is his dream school and not to worry, he'll be a horn right up till he transferred to IMG and later committed to tOSU.

What if the kid told me himself? Lol

I know it’s hard to believe but I wouldn’t post something just to post it. Yes he is an LSU legacy but that didn’t matter. If that’s the case the Brocks would be committed already. 

for fuck’s sake...his dad played QB at LSU, his mom (deceased) graduated from LSU, and his sister is currently a volleyball player at LSU.

there was zero doubt he was going to commit to LSU.

zero doubt.

Just now, Kyrie Eleison said:

for fuck’s sake...his dad played QB at LSU, his mom (deceased) graduated from LSU, and his sister is currently a volleyball player at LSU.

zero doubt.

I know you’re a lsu fan and all but you can stay out of this one. You can go back to tigerdroppings.

6 minutes ago, Hornsfan91 said:

What if the kid told me himself? Lol

Then he lied to you? lol

Look man, it’s great that you’re passing along info and all but excuse us if we don’t believe a double LSU legacy who lives in LA coming off LSU winning the national title with the Heisman winner and #1 overall pick was willing to shut it down for a Texas team that went 7-5 in the regular season and fired 70% of its coaching staff. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

zero doubt.

There's huge doubt.. Kid did some research and knows that not only will Texas be blowing out LSU in BR this season.. but he knows LSU will be reverting back to the old offense.  Doesn't want to be lost in the woods and depend on an Ogre to figure out the offense again.  He just committed there now to appease his family and as a place over til a better school comes calling... $9.95.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Then he lied to you? lol

Look man, it’s great that you’re passing along info and all but excuse us if we don’t believe a double LSU legacy who lives in LA coming off LSU winning the national title with the Heisman winner and #1 overall pick was willing to shut it down for a Texas team that went 7-5 in the regular season and fired 70% of its coaching staff. 

It’s all good 

There's huge doubt.. Kid did some research and knows that not only will Texas be blowing out LSU in BR this season.. but he knows LSU will be reverting back to the old offense.  Doesn't want to be lost in the woods and depend on an Ogre to figure out the offense again.  He just committed there now to appease his family and as a place over til a better school comes calling... $9.95.

tenor.gif
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Then he lied to you? lol

95e67b35ad67aa897fb2a362383eb56b.jpg

34 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

You had me going, you thieving bastard you...

• Like 1

Mike Roach: Top performers from first session of Dallas FBU Camp

PLANO, Texas — Today’s FBU camp at Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano featured a wide array of ages working their way through instruction. The camp which features coaching from the NFL and college ranks provides a holistic approach to teaching the game. 247Sports was on-hand for day one of the showcase and several players caught our eye. Here are our top performers from today’s action.

Rockwall (Texas) Heath RB Zach Evans (2022)

Yes, there’s another talented running back in Texas named Zach Evans. The Rockwall-Heath product has a compact build with great weight, but he flashed in the passing game as a polished pass-catcher with precise routes and elite quickness. Evans was the most consistent offensive performer all day and frequently made big plays in one-on-one drills.

Plano (Texas) Prestonwood Christian Academy CB Carter Stoutmire (2023)

Stoutmire looked the part from the moment he walked onto the field, and he showed his stuff during one on ones. The son of former NFL safety Omar Stoutmire used his long frame and quick feet to redirect receivers at the line of scrimmage and pin them to the sideline. Stoutmire showed an advanced understanding of coverage technique and the athleticism to match.

Dallas (Texas) Parish Episcopal ATH Daniel Demery (2023)

Demery showed off his skill going both ways, and he can be a contributor at either receiver or safety. Demery showed patience in coverage along with strong hips. On offense, Demery showed the ability to track the ball and make spectacular catches with his superb body control. Demery already holds eight FBS offers and more are on the way.

Indianapolis (IN) Cathedral QB Danny O'Neil (2024)

One of the most impressive performances of the day was from a soon-to-be freshman from Indiana. O’Neil was moved out of the junior high group and threw with the high school quarterbacks, and he was arguably the best passer on the field. O’Neil showed excellent footwork and strong arm talent making passes to all levels of the field. He looked polished beyond his years and threw the ball with great timing and touch.

Lewisville (Texas) High School RB Damien Martinez (2022)

Martinez showed off some quickness and explosive ability to go along with his 6-foot, 225 pound frame. His play in the one-on-one portion drew a few oohs and ahs, and he constantly gave linebackers problems in coverage.

Denton (Texas) Ryan LB Anthony Hill (2023)

Hill was a first off the bus type of guy with a huge frame for his age. Hill showed off some strong athleticism and downhill quickness and tested well during the combine portion. Hill is still growing into his frame, but his size and freakish athleticism is intriguing at this young of an age.

San Antonio (Texas) Brandeis CB Aiden Inesta-Rodriguez (2022)

While he may be undersized, no player showed more confidence on the field than Inesta-Rodriguez. He constantly jumped to the front of the line to get all the reps he could, and he was a problem for any receiver he faced off against. This isn’t the first time we’ve seen him perform well during the spring, and he brings a great competitive energy every time he steps on the field.

Allen (Texas) TE Omari Murdock (2022)

Murdock recently transferred to Allen from Little Rock (AR) Central, and the Eagles are going to have another massive target to throw the ball to. At 6-foot-6, 195 pounds, Murdock used his big frame to bully defenders and snatch the ball out of the air. Murdock showed great fluidity for his size and a knack for making spectacular plays at the high point.

Dallas (Texas) Parish Episcopal WR Bruce Mitchell (2023)

Mitchell already has great size for his age, and he showed strong route running and natural wide receiver skills. Mitchell made several big plays during the one-on-one portion and showed why he’s starting to develop some buzz as a sophomore-to-be. Mitchell’s soft hands and excellent quickness established him as a top player.

Richmond (Texas) Foster QB JT Fayard (2023)

A recent transfer to Foster, Fayard brought a big frame to the field with a coachable attitude. Fayard showed the arm talent to make several difficult throws, and he made a couple that showed advanced touch and timing. Fayard is yet another talented passer to watch inside the state borders.

I'm steam cleaning carpets so I decided to listen to the Yakk podcasts released this week.  Ketch did a pod over his rankings for the 22 class.  He thinks Ewers is good but not elite and he is gushing more about a QB named Orji (sp?) and a QB out of Rockwall, Hoover.

He thinks Ewers isn't as good as JJ, Card or Milroe.

I think the staff needs to re-evaluate it's QB board. If anyone knows about QB recruiting, it has to be Ketch.

• Like 2

Just now, Coach pop a bitch said:

Golfclap mentioned Cali cb Domani Jackson as a kid that might be a USC losing season away from being a  Texas commit .  Is there any truth to this?

He asked the 247 guys to make sure his interest in us was rated as "warm" on their site. There's something there.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Jackson has reached out to current Longhorns, so I would assume the coaches as well. The interest is real. 

Guilbeau and Jordan seem like good bets to be in the class.  Either one of Jackson or Harris would be big time.  

Not sure who the Safety target in this class will be, maybe Biddle?

I know Brennan Thompson is listed as an ATH and being recruited by Valai, but I hope he is a take on offense, dude looks dynamic with the ball in his hands.

9 hours ago, golfclap said:

Biddle is probably at the top of the list — Hullaby is a good bet to end up in this class as well. 

I think 2021 safety is going to look a lot like 2020 RB. Hullaby, then wait on a national target. Offers include Biddle, Zion Branch, Jacoby Matthews, and Kamari Wilson which will probably whittle down to Biddle and Branch. Not to discount Hullaby, he's a good player. He also has a lot better offers than the JBrooks analogy would suggest. 

Just now, TankedBevo said:

Anything interesting here?

No, he's not coming here.

Spoiler

DASAN MCCULLOUGH

One of the nation’s top prospects for 2022 dropped his top 10 recently. The 6-foot-5, 215-pound "safety" out of Blue Valley North HS in Olathe, KS is a four-star with five-star potential.

You'll remember his father is a running backs coach for the Kansas City Chiefs and has a close relationship with Jay Valai. Playing safety might not be his spot at the next level, but for now he's a rangy centerfielder who hits like a truck. Despite being shut-in due to the coronavirus, McCullough has enjoyed the process.

"It’s been great," said McCullough. "I'm just taking it day by day and building relationships."

With Alabama, Ohio State, OU, Clemson, and LSU in the mix, who stands out today?

"All 10 of the schools on my Top 10 are standing out and will visit accordingly to who is closest," said McCullough. "I'm looking for a place that feels like home, great relationship with the whole staff including the strength and conditioning coaches. A place where I feel needed not wanted, and a great scheme for me to play in."

Tell me why UT made your Top 10:

"I love Texas and the energy of the staff," McCullough said. "I’m really looking forward to building an even better relationship and looking at some more film with the coaches."

Does Texas have a legitimate shot here? Probably. But it remains to be seen when he'll get to Austin. The positive is that he's eager to see Austin for himself.

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

No, he's not coming here.

Hide contents

DASAN MCCULLOUGH

One of the nation’s top prospects for 2022 dropped his top 10 recently. The 6-foot-5, 215-pound "safety" out of Blue Valley North HS in Olathe, KS is a four-star with five-star potential.

You'll remember his father is a running backs coach for the Kansas City Chiefs and has a close relationship with Jay Valai. Playing safety might not be his spot at the next level, but for now he's a rangy centerfielder who hits like a truck. Despite being shut-in due to the coronavirus, McCullough has enjoyed the process.

"It’s been great," said McCullough. "I'm just taking it day by day and building relationships."

With Alabama, Ohio State, OU, Clemson, and LSU in the mix, who stands out today?

"All 10 of the schools on my Top 10 are standing out and will visit accordingly to who is closest," said McCullough. "I'm looking for a place that feels like home, great relationship with the whole staff including the strength and conditioning coaches. A place where I feel needed not wanted, and a great scheme for me to play in."

Tell me why UT made your Top 10:

"I love Texas and the energy of the staff," McCullough said. "I’m really looking forward to building an even better relationship and looking at some more film with the coaches."

Does Texas have a legitimate shot here? Probably. But it remains to be seen when he'll get to Austin. The positive is that he's eager to see Austin for himself.

I like Valai as a recruiter thus far but yeah, trying to pry an OOS national player from the clasp of the Bamas, OSUs and Clemsons seems like a tall order.

@golfclap brought up Early and Williams from Duncanville in the 21' thread so thought I'd ask here how this group looks early on compared to the 21' class?  Obviously this class doesn't have a Tommy Brockermeyer in it, but Devon Campbell is being compared to Donovan Jackson and guys like Early, Banks, and Dewberry may end up top 100 national recruits.  We've also offered Cole Hutson already.  Haven't offered Williams at Duncanville yet.

OT from Dickinson is already a 4* early on (may be an aggy lock??)

I've also seen this guys named mentioned as well:

https://247sports.com/Player/Jihad-Lateef-46099932/

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

@golfclap brought up Early and Williams from Duncanville in the 21' thread so thought I'd ask here how this group looks early on compared to the 21' class?  Obviously this class doesn't have a Tommy Brockermeyer in it, but Devon Campbell is being compared to Donovan Jackson and guys like Early, Banks, and Dewberry may end up top 100 national recruits.  We've also offered Cole Hutson already.  Haven't offered Williams at Duncanville yet.

OT from Dickinson is already a 4* early on (may be an aggy lock??)

I've also seen this guys named mentioned as well:

https://247sports.com/Player/Jihad-Lateef-46099932/

Kelvin Banks may be the best of the bunch. Early commit to okie lite. He wont end up there.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kelvin-Banks-46082828/

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We just offered this dude from Arizona according to Blair Anguilo.  #1 recruit in Zona' this cycle.

https://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Lucas-46097888/

100% support offering every good Arizona and Colorado recruit. Weak in-state schools, culturally very similar to Texas in a lot of ways.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting