Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't think this is accurate. Texas was already moving up when we got VY. I think the best comparison here would be Chris Simms, from a recruiting perspective, considering when he signed onto play for Mack. And that was seismic to the world of college football recruiting. VY obviously was a better recruit, but in terms of shockwaves it was nothing like Simms. 

I love Milroe for recruiting the way he has despite a lame legacy 5 star kid that could have helped jumping ship... However if this really comes to fruition, we are about to KILL IT along the skill positions on the offense with him as QB1

Just now, Thiefery said:

I love Milroe for recruiting the way he has despite a lame legacy 5 star kid that could have helped jumping ship... However if this really comes to fruition, we are about to KILL IT along the skill positions on the offense with him as QB1

Any OL in Texas would be a fool to pick aggy over Texas with the skill talent coming in, especially if Ewers jumps on board.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Roach with the SOLID intel...definitely in the know on this one

There has always been considerable buzz for other programs (Oklahoma and Ohio State) in this recruitment, but I've never been willing to count Texas out based on what I know. Thanks for dropping this positive update, Steve.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Fong

I like the way it's trending for Texas right now.

Between the relationship with Yurcich, proximity and opportunity, I think there is a lot that Ewers likes about the program.

aroused the office GIF

giphy.gif

The Yurcich note is an interesting factor. I’m sure Yurcich already has a pretty good relationship with Ewers from recruiting him at tOSU.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, RGBIII said:

Roach with the SOLID intel...definitely in the know on this one

There has always been considerable buzz for other programs (Oklahoma and Ohio State) in this recruitment, but I've never been willing to count Texas out based on what I know. Thanks for dropping this positive update, Steve.

Ears. To. The. Streets. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

So the Fong rips his pick down not to screw with Ewers moment. Expect it back up milliseconds before a video drop

Yeah, this is what Fong does. Everyone cites his CB pick percentage, but it’s often useless right up until the kid is committing. Him deleting his OU pick is a huge tell. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, this is what Fong does. Everyone cites his CB pick percentage, but it’s often useless right up until the kid is committing. Him deleting his OU pick is a huge tell. 

Yep especially now that it doesn't matter when the pick was input

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Oh man.  It's gonna really suck for them when we "drop a clunker" right in the middle of their fucking chest this year.

When Coburn and Ossai break Rattler in half and Riley turns to the bench and all he sees is an injured Tanner Mordecai and a true freshman in Morris.

• Hook 'Em 3

I hope Yurcich is showing him the development of Justin Fields last year.  Yurcich was the QB coach For both him and Mason Rudolph.  Herman can also show what he’s done with the 3 osu QBs, Ward, and now Ehlinger.

Riley is no doubt an offensive guru.  Let’s see him develop a player that isn’t an upper class man transfer.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

I am hoping that Texas is showing Ewers practice video of the offense, and that is selling him on it. It being successful against the Texas defense with the amount of talent we have on that side of the ball is probably a benefit.

Our skill position talent is finally at the level of the CFP contenders.  They are young but the elite athleticism is there.  Our OL is also night and day.  We have room to improve but how many teams can say they have 3 current and future nfl guys starting (Cosmi, Angilau, Kerstetter).  Add In a loaded RB room.  Now we simply need someone to distribute the ball and rack up the stats.

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

image.thumb.png.c4ff8cbf950abcf54609ff0389b8fbdd.png

I'd say Yurcich, practice reports/video/Kool-Aid, the way our staff handled all the social unrest, the fact that the Big12 and Texas responded well to the threats of cancelling the season. We are firing on all cylinders and the pads are not even on yet. Let's hope it all continues.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting