Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

The board for this class is going to be nuts, and hard to keep track of. We’ll certainly bag a lot in state, but oos is gonna get wild.

They’re going to have to have a massive ‘22 weekend in the spring to meet and greet the national guys when visits open back up. Would be nice to get a couple of the obvious Texas takes out of the way like Campbell and Stewart. And Burton.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The board for this class is going to be nuts, and hard to keep track of. We’ll certainly bag a lot in state, but oos is gonna get wild.

They’re going to have to have a massive ‘22 weekend in the spring to meet and greet the national guys when visits open back up. Would be nice to get a couple of the obvious Texas takes out of the way like Campbell and Stewart. And Burton.

Blue.

16 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

They’re going to have to have a massive ‘22 weekend in the spring to meet and greet the national guys when visits open back up. Would be nice to get a couple of the obvious Texas takes out of the way like Campbell and Stewart. And Burton. And Errrrrrbody.

FIFY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

Oh fuck yeah. In theory I have a couple more hours of work but fuck it, time pour a drink and watch highlight videos.  

Just look at this shit, play is just silly. Random helmet flies off and hits him, rolls to the left and flicks a dime 55 yards. That's a high school sophomore against the best defense in the state. 

spacer.png

Honestly looks like Pat Mahomes right here, not a HS sophomore.

21 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Important to recognize: Yurch is a fucking boss.

He strolls in, snatches play calling from TH’s cold, dead hands, implements a real b12 passing attack that’s being universally lauded by anyone who has seen it, then lands a generational talent to quarterback it.

And he hasn’t coached a live down yet.

Fucking boss.

The success of Yurcich, Giles, and Drayton proves that results sell. Good recruiters can overcome issues but don't help long term if they don't have the skins from developing players. 

Complementary point: Who misses Tim Beck now? 

1 minute ago, Sal said:

The success of Yurcich, Giles, and Drayton proves that results sell. Good recruiters can overcome issues but don't help long term if they don't have the skins from developing players. 

Not I, but Beck was our best recruiter when he was here, and likely based on Ewers comments would have gotten Quinn as well. What I will not miss is half thought out game plans that run the same stuff every week, instead of attacking the weaknesses of defenses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sal said:

This isn’t the football board, sal. It’s not full of mouth-breathing dipshits. No one misses Tim Beck, and most people hated him when he was hired. He’s a good recruiter. But that’s it. Thanks for speaking the glaringly obvious, however. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Not I, but Beck was our best recruiter when he was here, and likely based on Ewers comments would have gotten Quinn as well. What I will not miss is half thought out game plans that run the same stuff every week, instead of attacking the weaknesses of defenses.

You clearly read a different article than I did. No surprise there. Beck wouldn’t have landed shit. Yrurich made all the difference here.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

A prolific passer at Southlake (Texas) Carroll, Ewers seriously considered Oklahoma and Ohio State, who were each considered leaders at various times. But Tom Herman and offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich prevailed, silencing concerns about Texas’ ability to keep elite players in-state. If Ewers finishes as the No. 1 player in his class, he will be Texas’ second-ever No. 1 overall signee in the 247Sports Composite (Young) and its first five-star QB since 2009.

Witfong trying to kill my boner.  Not happening!

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

“Playing for Texas has been my dream for as long as I can remember." - @QuinnEwers

Oh, shit, you went with Dream School, did you? Because that’s always worked out for Texas. 

meanwhile the article had 1 sentence that basically said “Tim Beck is great” and then 2 paragraphs drilling down yrurich’s dogged pursuit and the way they meshed about scheme and dedication to the game. 

never fucking change, Dude. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

So the dude that brought in Rising, Thompson, Card, Jackson, and Milroe. Not to mention did the heavy lifting on the West coast success Texas had and brought all those Texas dudes to Ohio State in 2017. Yeah that guy was going to turtle up in 2022.

Keep being you.

Oh yeah, he also turned according to your BFF, a functional moron, into one of the top players in college football.

Edited by HtownHorn

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So the dude that brought in Rising, Thompson, Card, Jackson, and Milroe. Not to mention did the heavy lifting on the West coast success Texas had and brought all those Texas dudes to Ohio State in 2017. Yeah that guy was going to turtle up in 2022.

Keep being you.

Oh yeah, he also turned according to your BFF, a functional moron, into one of the top players in college football.

Did you just credit Tim Beck for every one of those QBs solely because he’s QB coach? Greg Davis was the reason VY and Simms and everyone else came here. Mack Brown don’t make a shit. 

Ewers cites Yrurich,  yet you scream Beck. Classic. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting