Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I'm not aware of any ties he has to the gooners, but apparently he never really considered us.  

Someone on the thread said he's buddies with Conyers, the Panhandle kid OU took last year. Also OU is easily the closest major program to that area - look at a map, it's about the same from Spearman as going to Tech.

Edited by texifornia

10 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Haven't seen much chatter about this kid but Texas shows as "warm" on the 247 page for Justin Medlock, LB from Manvel. My recollection was that he was a tOSU lean earlier in the cycle.

https://247sports.com/player/justin-medlock-46081319/

He got a bunch of tOSU picks right away but recent talk has had more Texas than anyone else, which is weird because he’s an aggy legacy.  He’s rumored to have zero interest in aggy. 

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

He got a bunch of tOSU picks right away but recent talk has had more Texas than anyone else, which is weird because he’s an aggy legacy.  He’s rumored to have zero interest in aggy. 

with aggy, familiarity breeds contempt

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Well, you did say nearly all Texas kids aren't considering them.  No surprise.  Think he got the picks right after the offer.  Hoping we land 2/3 of Perkins, Medlock, Harris.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, golfclap said:

... which is weird because he’s an aggy legacy.  He’s rumored to have zero interest in aggy. 

Sounds like a smart kid.

Damn.  Got beat to the punch.

Edited by CBHorn
too slow

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Just looked and he doesn't have an aggy offer.

Why would Jimbo want another LB anyway, after getting that 2star from NC?
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hornsfan91 said:

I wonder if they are banking on Ingram to leave early for the draft. 

The 2022 class shouldn’t impact Ingram. He’ll likely run out of eligibility before they get to campus 

I don't see a path where we land Bijan, LJ, Jaydon and Tavorus in a 3 year stretch. Even if Bijan leaves early there just aren't enough carries to go around in 2023 and both of these guys will be itching to get on the field early. And that is assuming a guy like Jonathan Brooks or RJ don't have an impact.

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

I don't see a path where we land Bijan, LJ, Jaydon and Tavorus in a 3 year stretch. Even if Bijan leaves early there just aren't enough carries to go around in 2023 and both of these guys will be itching to get on the field early. And that is assuming a guy like Jonathan Brooks or RJ don't have an impact.

I almost just typed out a concern troll post about whether or not we could or would land both Jones and Blue assuming we also get LJ Johnson this year. But literally none of that is in the bag right now. If we like both of those guys (or any others), we should just recruit the hell out of them for now and let the chips fall where they may.

43 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I almost just typed out a concern troll post about whether or not we could or would land both Jones and Blue assuming we also get LJ Johnson this year. But literally none of that is in the bag right now. If we like both of those guys (or any others), we should just recruit the hell out of them for now and let the chips fall where they may.

My understanding is that all the top RBs now are being sold on the idea of splitting carries and thus having more tread on the tires after college. The days of a true workhouse back might not be over, but they're certainly fading. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting