Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I will never understand professional wrestling

10 minutes ago, thepop said:

It was fun as a kid. Not sure what the appeal is as adults. I understand it's a form of theater/entertainment which is fine, but the writing isn't even good.

Rudyard Kipling quote: Oh East is East and West is West and never...

5 hours ago, Enchubben said:

I don't see a path where we land Bijan, LJ, Jaydon and Tavorus in a 3 year stretch. Even if Bijan leaves early there just aren't enough carries to go around in 2023 and both of these guys will be itching to get on the field early. And that is assuming a guy like Jonathan Brooks or RJ don't have an impact.

FYI - OU 

- got McGowan in '20

- 100% CB for Wheaton in '21

- 100% CB for Raleek Brown and Gavin Sawchuk (#2 and #3 backs, both composite  stars) in '22

Hope they don't land them, but if they do, that's a very good stack of RBs in a 3 year span.

3 hours ago, thepop said:

It was fun as a kid. Not sure what the appeal is as adults. I understand it's a form of theater/entertainment which is fine, but the writing isn't even good.

thats because ur still referring to that wwe pg ish that is drawing the lowest amount of ratings they have ever done

there is a plethora of much better wrestling products on tv now aew/impact/njpw/mlw/nwa are all aimed at adults none of that pg cartoon ish

you cant beat this storytelling

the best talker in the business

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

NSIAP :: 

I'm going to need to do a big board for '22

Assuming we are still sitting pretty for Biddle and Kamari Wilson with an outside shot at flipping Anderson....this must be a weird decision for the staff. Numbers are going to get sketchy at S. Maybe load up with 3-4 and attempt some moves to LB. Hullaby would set a great floor for DB class, and I prefer him to Wilson, but if his brother wasn't on the team he probably wouldn't be a take right now. 

Not to say that this tweet means he's ready to commit. It may just be a reference to coaches being able to reach out to '22s, but if he does attempt to commit, I hope they take him.

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Assuming we are still sitting pretty for Biddle and Kamari Wilson with an outside shot at flipping Anderson....this must be a weird decision for the staff. Numbers are going to get sketchy at S. Maybe load up with 3-4 and attempt some moves to LB. Hullaby would set a great floor for DB class, and I prefer him to Wilson, but if his brother wasn't on the team he probably wouldn't be a take right now. 

Not to say that this tweet means he's ready to commit. It may just be a reference to coaches being able to reach out to '22s, but if he does attempt to commit, I hope they take him.

Given his brother getting sterling culture fit/work ethic reviews, and Landon being superficially better in high school, I can't imagine them saying no.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

I will never understand professional wrestling

I guess I understand it as a kid when for us it was Mid South Wrestling out of Lake Charles - Dusty Rhodes, Junkyard Dog, the Fabulous Freebirds, et al. My cousin and I ran the camera at the Methodist church on Sunday mornings and discovered the monitor got channels other than the church feed. Also the Million Dollar Movie out of Houston was usually Godzilla so we’d usually get dozens of complaints 

• Haha 1

I haven’t watched any film of either guy, but you prefer Hullaby to Kamari Wilson?

15 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

thats because ur still referring to that wwe pg ish that is drawing the lowest amount of ratings they have ever done

there is a plethora of much better wrestling products on tv now aew/impact/njpw/mlw/nwa are all aimed at adults none of that pg cartoon ish

you cant beat this storytelling

the best talker in the business

15 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

thats pg wwe cartoon ish its basically dying days wcw level terrible these days

this is what adults are watching in 2020 not that wwe pg ish

tenor.gif?itemid=15350217

Confirmed. @hornfromdallasis a virgin

28 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I saw the Hand tag, and was about to say “offensive lineman? Sign him up sight unseen.” But then I actually looked at his profile. Let’s maybe not talk to this guy anymore, much less on day 1. Maybe day Never. Ok that’s harsh. How about Day Right After He Grows 4 Inches? /phrasing. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I saw the Hand tag, and was about to say “offensive lineman? Sign him up sight unseen.” But then I actually looked at his profile. Let’s maybe not talk to this guy anymore, much less on day 1. Maybe day Never. Ok that’s harsh. How about Day Right After He Grows 4 Inches? /phrasing. 

Seriously, fuck you Herb. A somehow fat and underweight center whose best offer is Dartmouth. High academic, under-recruited white kids are absolutely Herb's comfort zone. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

and worst of all, he has an aol email address, which was already archaic when he was born.

EgzVcfQX0AMD6Xw?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The best part about this entire Tubby Chance Jackson situation is that we can all look forward to @Burt Macklin showing up and telling us to calm down, that the book hasn't been written on Herb Hand's recruiting yet, and we just need to wait and see because it's not fair to draw any conclusions. 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The best part about this entire Tubby Chance Jackson situation is that we can all look forward to @Burt Macklin showing up and telling us to calm down, that the book hasn't been written on Herb Hand's recruiting yet, and we just need to wait and see because it's not fair to draw any conclusions. 

I'm on Burt's side if this year looks like an isolated incident, but 2022 is already looking like he's making the same mistakes and he lucked out in terms of the composition of the best in-state guys in the '20 class.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I see you’re doing your best futureman impression this morning. Bravo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting