Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 hours ago, golfclap said:

Fucking Nahlin. 

Huff ran a fucking 10.13 and was elite in just about every way a human can be elite as an athlete. No one reminds you of Huff. If they did it's not a guy that runs 11.27. Again, Gbenda is a LB and ran an 11.07. 

4.74 40 -- 4.43 shuttle - 32" vertical  at 5'11" 178

Huff is an old man and would absolutely crush those numbers right now. 

Good lord, where to begin?  

Michael Huff's fastest FAT 100m time was 10.36.  The 10.13 that you see in various places (like Wikipedia) is simply wrong.  Michael ran that 10.36 time at the end of his Sr. year in high school.  

Bryan Allen ran 11.27 as a sophomore early this spring before Covid shut everything down.   So he's 9/10ths of a second slower than Huff was but still has two entire years of high school to go to improve that time.   He's committed to LSU but has offers from nearly every major school in the country and he tore it up during the state championship game.  I've got friends who are plugged into the Aledo program and they think he's going to be the best DB they've ever had there when all is said and done, and they've had some great ones. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Michael Huff's fastest FAT 100m time was 10.36.  The 10.13 that you see in various places (like Wikipedia) is simply wrong.  Michael ran that 10.36 time at the end of his Sr. year in high school.  

Bryan Allen ran 11.27 as a sophomore early this spring before Covid shut everything down.   So he's 9/10ths of a second slower than Huff was but still has two entire years of high school to go to improve that time.   He's committed to LSU but has offers from nearly every major school in the country and he tore it up during the state championship game.  I've got friends who are plugged into the Aledo program and they think he's going to be the best DB they've ever had there when all is said and done, and they've had some great ones. 

How many of em were top-10 picks? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

If we can't land both Blue and Tavorus Jones, I covet Jaylen Thompson. Curious to see which junior tape blows up more between Jones and Thompson. I think Jaylen is CEH, minus 10lbs. Stylistically, he's not something we have right now and might actually fit better than Jones. 

Just watched CEH's Hudl and Thompson's. Yeah, we want Thompson. They are even rated similarly. 

Helaire: http://www.hudl.com/v/2E2N61

Thompson: http://www.hudl.com/v/2BviNu

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Uhm, you could start at the part where I said anything at all about Bryan Allen. I said not one word about the kid other than pointing out that his combine numbers did not measure up to Huff. Huff who in a world of freaks (the NFL) was a fucking freak. 

Allen is a really good football player. I don't think you'll see anyone here say otherwise. 

That entire take was about Nahlin plucking Huff out of the air and how absurd that is. There's a million players to use as to compare Allen, some of them might even be similar in some way. Huff won the Thorpe and was a top 10 draft pick and was an elite defender at FS, SS, and CB. Most importantly when you compare someone to Huff the immediate take away is "he must be an incredible athlete". Allen is not. If Nahlin said "he reminds me of Bryant Westbrook" - what is the first thing you'd assume, before you even looked at the HUDL? "This is going to be 6 minutes of a heat seeking missile killing kids" That would be my thought. If the player clearly isn't a striker at all, would you think that was a good comparison to use? 

When Nahlin invokes Huff, the expectation is simple - "Easily best athlete you'll see this decade.  Here's film of a kid that could play CB, WR, FS, SS all at NFL levels."

saying 9/10th of a second might make it feel like a tiny thing but that is the moon. 

Make a list of all of the guys that have the run 10.36 in high school at 6" 185+ with a frame to carry 200 easily. That list alone is really small. If they have to actually be good at football, it gets even smaller. If they could play even one position at an AA/NFL All Pro level it gets even smaller. In a world of freaks, Huff is a fucking freak. 

as a poster, you remind me of ctj

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I'm not a track geek, or a geek of any sort, but 9/10 of a second is an eternity in track  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Do you think Sterns is a good comp for Allen?

That's a more fair comparison. I don't know if Allen has the elite ball skills that Sterns has, but with his history playing QB/WR and his innate ability to carve angles it wouldn't surprise me if he had excellent ball skills but I haven't seen him in 7on7 and he only had the 3 INTs on his HUDL so it's conjecture.  Like Sterns, Allen takes good angles to the ball and the ball carrier - it speaks to his ability to watch tape, understand the scouting report, and then execute. So, Sterns is pretty apt there. The best thing I've seen on his HUDL is the way he takes away screens - he makes a very quick read and makes the play on the other side of the LOS, all under control. Excellent coaching and execution. He's a very good open field tackler, better than Sterns was at that point. The one caveat is that Sterns possesses an elite shuttle time (4.01), his ability to change direction and get back to full speed is part of his ability to make plays on the ball because his top speed isn't incredible (4.62). 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

The 9/10ths of a second comment has me rolling. For comparison, high school Huff only needed to improve his high school time by 8/10ths to break Usain Bolt's current world record....you know the one that is quite frankly mindbottling.

On that note.  I ran a 4.8 (hand timed).  Another .5 seconds and I'm Tyreek Hill.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, golfclap said:

Fucking Nahlin. 

Huff ran a fucking 10.13 and was elite in just about every way a human can be elite as an athlete. No one reminds you of Huff. If they did it's not a guy that runs 11.27. Again, Gbenda is a LB and ran an 11.07. 

4.74 40 -- 4.43 shuttle - 32" vertical  at 5'11" 178

Huff is an old man and would absolutely crush those numbers right now. 

Agree 100% Michael golfclap.

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I'm not a track geek, or a geek of any sort, but 9/10 of a second is an eternity in track  

So is 2 years of growth.  If Bryan Allen is still running a 11.27 when he's at the end of his senior year, be concerned.  But my guess is that he'll follow the Michael Griffin track/path and that he would have run about 11 seconds this year by the end of April this year, 10.8 next year, and 10.64 as a Sr.  At which point it would be entirely fair to say that he reminds you of Michael Huff if, in fact, he reminds you of Michael Huff.  Comparing Huff's senior numbers to those of a high school sophomore as if they are indicative of anything relative is absurd. 

Again Nahlin said he "reminds" him of Huff.  He might have been talking about a million different things.  Maybe Allen talks like Huff. Maybe he looks like Huff. Maybe he has some of the same mannerisms. Maybe the same body shape when both were sophomores in high school. Who knows what Nahlin was referring to?

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So is 2 years of growth.  If Bryan Allen is still running a 11.27 when he's at the end of his senior year, be concerned.  But my guess is that he'll follow the Michael Griffin track/path and that he would have run about 11 seconds this year by the end of April this year, 10.8 next year, and 10.64 as a Sr.  At which point it would be entirely fair to say that he reminds you of Michael Huff if, in fact, he reminds you of Michael Huff.  Comparing Huff's senior numbers to those of a high school sophomore as if they are indicative of anything relative is absurd. 

Again Nahlin said he "reminds" him of Huff.  He might have been talking about a million different things.  Maybe Allen talks like Huff. Maybe he looks like Huff. Maybe he has some of the same mannerisms. Maybe the same body shape when both were sophomores in high school. Who knows what Nahlin was referring to?

Also true.  

Nahlin once compared jamarcus mcfarland to Michael Jackson.  I called him out on it and he said he was talking about their voice

44 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Is such a thing even knowable?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting