Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

44 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Jesus Christ Gerry clean your phone camera lens off. It’s like half your job.

Thank you. It looks like it was smeared with vasoline.  And WTF are these "professionals" using phone cameras for this anyway?  A decent pocket camera that can take infinitely better videos is available for only a few hundred dollars. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That gait is tickling my brain as reminiscent of someone. Harvey Williams maybe?  Dickerson?

1 hour ago, IDIOTsavant said:

If we're just talking about that finishing gait and not the juke at the LOS, he looks like Emmitt Smith to me.

I haven’t checked any track times, but he reminds me of a combination of Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson except better. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

Thank you. It looks like it was smeared with vasoline.  And WTF are these "professionals" using phone cameras for this anyway?  A decent pocket camera that can take infinitely better videos is available for only a few hundred dollars. 

Agree completely about the phone camera lens. Most iPhones nowadays have pretty damn good quality if you know how to use them.

But in their defense about using a phone camera, it’s much easier to quickly tweet out content if you already have the picture/video on your phone rather than a camera where you’d have to wait til you’re home to put it on your laptop and then tweet it out.

11 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I wanna hear more about these pocket cameras. Do they also work as phones?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Agree completely about the phone camera lens. Most iPhones nowadays have pretty damn good quality if you know how to use them.

But in their defense about using a phone camera, it’s much easier to quickly tweet out content if you already have the picture/video on your phone rather than a camera where you’d have to wait til you’re home to put it on your laptop and then tweet it out.

Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on line one for Mason Ramsey ... Bluetooth and WiFi on line one for Mason Ramsey ...

My photos and videos go directly from my Sony camera to my phone, invisibly and wirelessly through the air, as if by magic,  and the quality is far superior.  

Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on line one for Mason Ramsey ... Bluetooth and WiFi on line one for Mason Ramsey ...

My photos and videos go directly from my Sony camera to my phone, invisibly and wirelessly through the air, as if by magic,  and the quality is far superior.  

Well, I didn’t know this was a thing. But as Tejas said, i’m not a fucking camera nerd. So fuck off, loser.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Soderbergh thinks you're being pretentious.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 10:26 AM, IDIOTsavant said:

I think this is probably the best comparison of his running style. My Emmett comment was specifically about his gait when running in the open... probably influenced by the fact that Emmett was often running in the open due to his OL.

emmett till?  did he play football?

listening to Orangebloods Modcast (ripping off Kevin Smiths Smodcast, fuckers) and even Suchomel is calling out Hand for not going after guys. Quoted Dewberry as saying Texas wasnt really after him that hard. WTF!!  did I miss something?  coulda sworn he was a top, if not the top target on OL in 22. 

Why is hand laying down? why are they letting him lay down? this is not the fucking time to have another fucking Meh Meltdown!!!!

The other view it’s even clearer Guidry walks into the end zone if he catches it instead of playing volleyball with it. Harris does take it 90 to the house, but yeah he was beaten. 

Guidry looked really good. Shadow creek was killing them with crossing routes where they were rubbing off the corner on a te, and I think Harris is the victim of being asked to give cushion. They were backed off after the first qtr.

Davis and Drones are projects. Neither one was comfortable pushing the ball. Lots of scrambling. Guidry was probably the most obvious prospect on the field. Cooks played well. He is quick as hell shooting gaps. He did a lot of shooting the wrong one but an okay job breaking down in the backfield. Harris is an animal. So fast. They just weren’t throwing his way much. Banks was underwhelming. I like his highlight tape, but what I saw was not very explosive. At least, not consistently

20 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

listening to Orangebloods Modcast (ripping off Kevin Smiths Smodcast, fuckers) and even Suchomel is calling out Hand for not going after guys. Quoted Dewberry as saying Texas wasnt really after him that hard. WTF!!  did I miss something?  coulda sworn he was a top, if not the top target on OL in 22. 

Why is hand laying down? why are they letting him lay down? this is not the fucking time to have another fucking Meh Meltdown!!!!

Just wait until he throws his first post-Covid 'crootin bbq. It will all turn around.

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Sounds like Jamarion Miller is about to blow up. He'd be a steal as a RB2. 

IT is really beating that drum. 

Miller and Jones will be an RB1 take for most P5 schools. If we can snag either + Blue, that would be incredible. Especially if LJ jumps in. I still love Jaylen Thompson in CA and would be equally happy to land him as either of the others. 

With Miller taking off now, it will be awhile before he decides. What we don't want to happen is dragging out both RB takes to late in the process, especially with what will probably be a step back on the field next season. If you can get Thompson or Jones to shut it down between now and the early spring, you do that and maintain pole position for Blue. 

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

IT is really beating that drum. 

Miller and Jones will be an RB1 take for most P5 schools. If we can snag either + Blue, that would be incredible. Especially if LJ jumps in. I still love Jaylen Thompson in CA and would be equally happy to land him as either of the others. 

With Miller taking off now, it will be awhile before he decides. What we don't want to happen is dragging out both RB takes to late in the process, especially with what will probably be a step back on the field next season. If you can get Thompson or Jones to shut it down between now and the early spring, you do that and maintain pole position for Blue. 

How did his brothers recruitment go down?  He may live in a burnt orange house. Could go bang bang w an offer. 

Well it could

4 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

How did his brothers recruitment go down?  He may live in a burnt orange house. Could go bang bang w an offer. 

Well it could

IIRC, he was the first commit in his class by a long shot, and while some other schools tried to pry him away, he never seriously considered. Unfortunately he was a non-qualifier. He might have been a Traylor recruit. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting