Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

26 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

How did his brothers recruitment go down?  He may live in a burnt orange house. Could go bang bang w an offer. 

Well it could

21 minutes ago, Fud said:

IIRC, he was the first commit in his class by a long shot, and while some other schools tried to pry him away, he never seriously considered. Unfortunately he was a non-qualifier. He might have been a Traylor recruit. 

I think that’s about right. He stayed committed to UT after Charlie was fired but didn’t end up here because of grades IIRC, so I don’t think there were any hard feelings with him and UT and the family should have at least some relationship with Herman and staff. I’d assume they view him favorably since Damion was going to come play for Herman if his grades worked out. 

I looked up Damion Miller. He went to Tyler JC, but didn’t do much there. He had some interest from some FCS schools but it doesn’t look like any of those panned our. Too bad. He was a hell of an athlete and had a lot of potential. Hopefully it works out better for his brother and hopefully that’s at UT. 

Found this article by Roach in March of this year covering what happened with all of Texas’ decommits the last few years. Most of them haven’t fared too well. I got a lot of Last Chance U vibes reading this one. Man, Lagaryonn Carson was such a beast if he could’ve gotten his head in the game. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I think that’s about right. He stayed committed to UT after Charlie was fired but didn’t end up here because of grades IIRC, so I don’t think there were any hard feelings with him and UT and the family should have at least some relationship with Herman and staff. I’d assume they view him favorably since Damion was going to come play for Herman if his grades worked out. 

I looked up Damion Miller. He went to Tyler JC, but didn’t do much there. He had some interest from some FCS schools but it doesn’t look like any of those panned our. Too bad. He was a hell of an athlete and had a lot of potential. Hopefully it works out better for his brother and hopefully that’s at UT. 

I think Wells said that Damion got banged up a lot in JC, which killed his development 

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Don't worry,  I fucked up statistics when I skipped the second class when they went over the foundation of the entire course.... standard deviation. 

Fuck stats..... 

Stats can be fun...

The famous Monty Hall Problem

You’re on a game show, and you’re given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what’s behind the doors, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, “Do you want to pick door No. 2?” Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

Should you switch or stay with your door?

(Google if you want the answer...😁 )

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Stats can be fun...

You’re on a game show, and you’re given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what’s behind the doors, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, “Do you want to pick door No. 2?” Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

Of course you should.  Chances are you picked wrong to begin with (only a 1/3 chance of getting it right) and the host just exposed the other wrong door.  Meaning the remaking door is most likely to be the correct choice.   

unless of course you’re aggy, they would prefer the goat.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Stats can be fun...

You always switch. 2/3 odds when switching versus 1/2 if staying with your door.

Mike Roach: 2022 CB Austin Jordan hearing from multiple programs

ARLINGTON, Texas — Denton Ryan made a big statement in its opening game against Arlington Martin on Friday. The Raiders thumped a Martin program that plays a full class up and is loaded with talent. Jordan said the whole team was ready after a long and frustrating offseason. “We came ready,” he said. “Their offense had a lot of movement, so we had to move fast to get lined up.”

Jordan had the benefit of coming up playing with stars such as Drew Sanders, Ja’Tavion Sanders and Billy Bowman. He said that practicing against such players only makes him better on the field. “We go at it in practice every day,” he said. “On both sides we go at it. Every day we get better.”

Jordan is one of the top 2022 prospects in the country. As of late, a few schools have been all over Jordan. Texas is among the schools who have been in contact early but just about everyone who offered has been in contact since the first of September. “I hear from OU, Texas, Ohio State, Kansas State,” he said. “Kind of a mix of everyone.”

Jay Valai is the primary contact for Jordan. His energy and personality stands out as something Jordan enjoys. “I like his personality,” he said. “He’s a cool dude and he’s always got a lot of energy. He’s a good coach.” Jordan also hears from Sanders and Bowman. The two have been recruiting Jordan hard and telling him to join them at Texas. “They are always in my ear talking about throwing up the horns and coming to UT,” Jordan said.

Jordan doesn’t plan to make a decision anytime soon. When he does, he has a certain set of criteria he wants to find in a school. “It’s the campus,” he said. “The coaches are the main thing and I feel there.” At 5-foot-11, 185 pounds, Jordan is ranked as the No. 19 cornerback in the country and No. 23 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

8 minutes ago, Scholz said:

BTW, Burton wasn't the best player on the field for Del Valle.  It was their RB Tavierre Dunlap who committed to Michigan.  He pulled a Tony Dorsett 99-yd TD run.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tavierre-Dunlap-46076669/ 

damn, he runs through tackles, has good speed, good vision, and nice full speed cuts. why only the 3 stars????

Miller is the real deal, and unfortunately, another unlikely RB2 candidate due to the number of schools who will recruit him as their first option. This puts pressure on Jones who is absolutely a guy they would take right now. Miller knows Texas, we'll see what happens when he gets to know the staff. 

My guess is, because Jamarian is just attracting serious attention now, Jones arrives at a decision first and grabs a spot. That's contrary to my earlier thought that we would have a tough time convincing Jones to be the 2nd take with Blue, but Miller is unique in his familiarity with Texas and may push the right pressure buttons that Texas historically hasn't been able to push. 

For me, Blue is the best RB in Texas. If we can close on LJ and Brooks holds steady, following with a class of Jones and Miller would be pretty impressive. Blue is the priority, but I wouldn't hate losing him to LSU if we can get Jones and Miller instead. 

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

BTW, Burton wasn't the best player on the field for Del Valle.  It was their RB Tavierre Dunlap who committed to Michigan.  He pulled a Tony Dorsett 99-yd TD run.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tavierre-Dunlap-46076669/ 

I see we have not offered, never quite heard his name as a target either. Great offer list so it must be that we simply did not see him as a take.

Since tonight is slow and y'all seem to like fun math stuff...

Red and Blue Dice

Jack and Tom play a game with two dice. But they do not use the numbers. Some of the faces are painted red and the others blue. Each player throws the dice in turn. Jack wins when the two top faces are the same color. Tom wins when the colors are different. Their chances are even.

The first die has 5 red faces and 1 blue face. How many red and how many blue are there on the second die?

Answer:  https://www.braingle.com/brainteasers/teaser.php?op=2&id=5445&comm=0

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Since tonight is slow and y'all seem to like fun math stuff...

Red and Blue Dice

Jack and Tom play a game with two dice. But they do not use the numbers. Some of the faces are painted red and the others blue. Each player throws the dice in turn. Jack wins when the two top faces are the same color. Tom wins when the colors are different. Their chances are even.

The first die has 5 red faces and 1 blue face. How many red and how many blue are there on the second die?

Answer:  https://www.braingle.com/brainteasers/teaser.php?op=2&id=5445&comm=0

*die

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting