Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wow. Didn’t expect that one dropping, mich less this soon. 

Havent watched him, but he’s listed as Pro style. How is his mobility? 

Shouldn't be surprised. Herman said even though he's not crazy about offering early, he's adjusting to the changes in the recruiting environment. These days for a signal caller, have to offer to start recruiting them - doesn't mean it's immediately committable. You know these things.

9 hours ago, Bear19 said:

Being reported by TFloss32 that offensive lineman Kelvin Banks will announce a commitment today.

Roach put in an OK State crystal ball.  I'm fine not taking an OL at the start of his 10th grade year.  If we take 6 in the 2021 class then this class probably is only 3, 4 at the most and we can be picky.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Roach put in an OK State crystal ball.  I'm fine not taking an OL at the start of his 10th grade year.  If we take 6 in the 2021 class then this class probably is only 3, 4 at the most and we can be picky.

I'll reiterate an earlier post and say I'll keep an eye on this kid as he develops and see what scuttlebutt there is coming out of the SC program. My guess is that his TX offer wasn't committable yet and he's reserving a spot at OSU in case TX doesn't come through.

Nahlin on Ewers:

Texas offered Southlake Carroll quarterback Quinn Ewers. The sophomore signal caller already holds offers from Florida, Ohio State, and Michigan. When his class is rated he'll be up near the top nationally for his position. This was an offer I've been expecting for some time. A while back I was sent pictures of Ewers from his childhood that looked very similar to Ehlinger's now famous pics of him throwing the Hook'em at a young age. You never want to take a recruit for granted but UT is starting this recruitment with a bit of an advantage.

• Like 4

IT

QUINN EWERS

The 2022 Southlake Carroll signal caller capped the week he received his highly coveted Texas offer with a statement win over Denton Guyer. You're living right, Mr. Ewers.

In that game, he accounted for 6 touchdowns including an attention grabbing 70 yard sprint down the sideline.

While the 6-foot-3, 200-pound Ewers is a pro-style prospect he projects to be able to do enough damage in the run game to be a credible and consistent threat. You wouldn't build a run game around him, but you wouldn't need to. He can definitely be a damaging constraint runner in college. He shows a good plant and go on outside runs and they aren't afraid to call his number.

Of course he's best known as a passer. On the season he's completing 73% of his passes and holds a 16/1 TD/INT ratio.

Ewers has long been known as the next big thing out of Southlake and now he's proving why. He holds offers from Ohio State, Michigan, and Florida, but I'm guessing he has some that are unreported as well.

I think these comments from @datvideoguy are worth re-posting from the Prospect Board because of the amount of high school football he's seen over the years:

Ewers = best sophomore HS QB prospect the metroplex has produced since Matthew Stafford. If Ewers was a baseball prospect, he'd be a five tool guy. No weaknesses in his game. Great arm, can throw with touch, accurate, great feel in QB run game. And plus speed. Sneaky athletic too. He'll easily add 20-25 pounds to his frame in the next 4 years. Just a terrific QB prospect.

Last week I mentioned Ewers grew up a UT fan. While it's early to be concerned with this class, it doesn't seem like he will prolong the process.

I caught up briefly with his father, Curtis. Curtis used few words to say a lot.

Visit plans?
"Not many. He doesn’t really want to go to many spots. And yes he’s focused right now; however, he’s going to visit Clemson and Alabama."

What about Texas?
"UT will surely get one. Nothing is planned yet- as he can make that trip a bit easier than others due to proximity. Texas is home, and the top to him, but he does want to see what those others are like as well- but again he’s not interested in accumulating offers and playing games. He may commit early. My guess."

Ewers is very likely to be rated a five-star quarterback. The same people who acknowledged Preston Stone as such surely should have him rated that highly. I didn't have Stone as a five-star but Ewers is probably deserving.

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT

Hide contents

QUINN EWERS

The 2022 Southlake Carroll signal caller capped the week he received his highly coveted Texas offer with a statement win over Denton Guyer. You're living right, Mr. Ewers.

In that game, he accounted for 6 touchdowns including an attention grabbing 70 yard sprint down the sideline.

While the 6-foot-3, 200-pound Ewers is a pro-style prospect he projects to be able to do enough damage in the run game to be a credible and consistent threat. You wouldn't build a run game around him, but you wouldn't need to. He can definitely be a damaging constraint runner in college. He shows a good plant and go on outside runs and they aren't afraid to call his number.

Of course he's best known as a passer. On the season he's completing 73% of his passes and holds a 16/1 TD/INT ratio.

Ewers has long been known as the next big thing out of Southlake and now he's proving why. He holds offers from Ohio State, Michigan, and Florida, but I'm guessing he has some that are unreported as well.

I think these comments from @datvideoguy are worth re-posting from the Prospect Board because of the amount of high school football he's seen over the years:

Ewers = best sophomore HS QB prospect the metroplex has produced since Matthew Stafford. If Ewers was a baseball prospect, he'd be a five tool guy. No weaknesses in his game. Great arm, can throw with touch, accurate, great feel in QB run game. And plus speed. Sneaky athletic too. He'll easily add 20-25 pounds to his frame in the next 4 years. Just a terrific QB prospect.

Last week I mentioned Ewers grew up a UT fan. While it's early to be concerned with this class, it doesn't seem like he will prolong the process.

I caught up briefly with his father, Curtis. Curtis used few words to say a lot.

Visit plans?
"Not many. He doesn’t really want to go to many spots. And yes he’s focused right now; however, he’s going to visit Clemson and Alabama."

What about Texas?
"UT will surely get one. Nothing is planned yet- as he can make that trip a bit easier than others due to proximity. Texas is home, and the top to him, but he does want to see what those others are like as well- but again he’s not interested in accumulating offers and playing games. He may commit early. My guess."

Ewers is very likely to be rated a five-star quarterback. The same people who acknowledged Preston Stone as such surely should have him rated that highly. I didn't have Stone as a five-star but Ewers is probably deserving.

The differences between Preston Stone and Quinn Ewers, when it is all said and done, will be dramatic. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The differences between Preston Stone and Quinn Ewers, when it is all said and done, will be dramatic. 

It's amazing to see how this staff attacks QB recruiting compared to the past decade.  Rising, Thompson, RoJo, Card, JQJ, Milroe and now a chance on Ewers.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting