Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

17 hours ago, texifornia said:

A couple more today. I wonder if this means they interacted in some way, these guys were just top of mind, or what

Anthony Lucas: https://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Lucas-46097888/

Cole Hutson: https://247sports.com/Player/Cole-Hutson-46098336/

• Hook 'Em 1

Speaking of Ewers, he's now the #1 overall recruit in the updated 247 rankings. Also was named the #1 overall recruit in the initial ESPN Jr 300 rankings that were released today.

Caleb Burton up to #8 overall per 247.

Omari Abor up to #19.

Kelvin Banks got a huge bump up to #24 overall.

Tavorous Jones ranked #72 overall (#5 RB).

Big bump for Jaylen Early as well to #141.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Notes on ESPN 300.

Ewers is #1 overall.

Brennan Thompson at #13 seems high maybe??

Tavorus Jones is either a great early eval that's going to blow up or BOMC is in full motion.  #83 overall.

PJ Williams in top 100 seems high. 

Guilbeau at #233 is way low.

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

(Mike Roach) Top247: Thoughts on in-state prospects in newly-released Top247

The Top247 for the 2022 class was updated today and several Texas targets landed on the list. While the rankings process is always ongoing, this list will be a strong early indicator of who can finish the cycle ranked highly. Here are several thoughts on the new release.

—Quinn Ewers made the jump from No. 2 to the No. 1 prospect in the country and picked up his fifth star. The gunslinger from Southlake Carroll has generational talent and sure-fire first round ability. From the moment I first saw him throw, I knew he would be ranked here. As I wrote during the last release, Ewers has a chance to be the best quarterback prospect Texas would have the chance to sign since Vince Young.

—Another local prospect who moved into elite territory was Caleb Burton with his jump from No. 37 to No. 8. Now the top wide receiver in the nation, The Del Valle wideout becomes another big opportunity for Texas to cash in on elite talent. Burton was offered a year ago and recently told Horns247 that he and Andre Coleman are building a strong relationship. Burton has the type of big-play ability to change an offense.
Duncanville's Omari Abor (Photo: Mike Roach, 247Sports)

—Katy DE Malick Sylla took a big jump from No. 68 to No. 13. I was able to Sylla in person earlier this summer and he checks the boxes. Big frame with length and bouncy explosion and room to add a ton of weight. The sky is the limit for Sylla moving forward.

—Another high-end defensive lineman with an incredible ceiling is Duncanville’s Omari Abor. A legit basketball prospect with great size and athleticism. Abor jumped from No. 54 to No. 19. Abor played his first action last season and stuck out immediately on the field. He could grow into a strong-side defensive end, but his burst and athleticism will make him a dangerous edge rusher.

—Humble Summer Creek offensive tackle Kelvin Banks recently decommitted from Oklahoma State, and he jumped from No. 126 to No. 24. I saw Banks at the same event where I saw Sylla and was incredibly impressed with his size and movement ability. Devon Campbell is ranked as the top offensive lineman in the state at No. 13 but Banks will be the top tackle as Campbell probably pushes to the interior.  Now that Banks is back on the market, expect his profile to blow up.
Frisco Liberty WR Evan Stewart (Photo: Mike Roach, 247Sports)

—Frisco Liberty wide receiver Evan Stewart also made a big jump from 98 to 64 as he continues his incredible rise. Despite playing for a 1-9 team, Stewart showed off the speed and big play ability schools covet. Having seen him in several settings this offseason, he blends fluidity and natural route running abiity to go with his elite speed. Every school in the country will want him, but Texas was one of the first to offer and they’ve been out in front early.

—El Paso Burges running back Tavorus Jones made his debut at No. 72 on the list after picking up his offers just a few months ago. Texas was the first to jump in on him and the early eval paid off as Jones is now in striking distance of being the top back in the state. Drayton has been early on guys like Jonathon Brooks, Jaydon Blue, Jadarian Price and now Jones, and it appears those evals are paying off.

—Dickinson TE Donovan Green continues to rise as he goes from No. 112 to No. 88. Unquestionably the top tight end in the state of Texas, the Longhorns offered Donovan Green last summer prior to his sophomore season after he dominated in an on-campus camp setting. As Texas continues to look to add dominant playmakers, Green should be a huge priority.

—His teammate PJ Williams comes in right behind him after making the jump from No. 108 to No. 90. Williams is a guy I’d like to see Texas make a move on going forward. Williams is still filling out his frame but shows incredible athleticism the potential to make a big rise in his junior season.

—Quinn Ewers is undoubtedly the prize, but the state has some really good passers on deck. Bridgeland’s quarterback Conner Weigman is insanely talented and also ranks among the best baseball prospects in the country. Weigman debuts at No. 124 and a look at his film shows that he isn’t done rising.

—Duncanville offensive tackle Jaylen Early debuted in the last ranking at No. 224 and rose to No. 141. Early is just the next in a long line of big-time Duncanville prospects and a coveted prospect in 2022. Herb Hand has been in contact with him and Early said he likes what he’s hearing from Texas right now.

—The Longhorns were one of the first schools to offer Spearman’s Brenen Thompson, and the electric prospect with a 10.3 100-meter time jumped from No. 144 to No. 239.  Jay Valai offered early and has been in heavy contact with him, and Thompson can play either side of the ball.  It’s likely that offense will be the best place for Thompson moving forward as his game changing speed plays best with the ball in his hands.

—Looking for another running back target? Tyler Lee’s Jamarion Miller debuts at No. 162. The brother of former Longhorn signee and John Tyler wide receiver Damion Miller, Jamarion has been turning heads from an athletic standpoint. A running back and cornerback, Miller turned in a 11.06 100-meter time as a freshman and was named first team all-district ofense and second team all-district defense. Texas has yet to offer, but I bet that changes in the near future.

—The rankings process has so many ins and outs that no one will ever agree with everything and two drops I disagree with are Kam Dewberry (from 114 to 206) and Jadarian Price (from No. 100 to 228).  I understand the thought process and reasons why our evaluators felt the need to drop them, but I’m betting on both to have huge years and bounce back this season.  For Dewberry, there were concerns over weight and ultimate position, but the last time I saw him he was starting to add height and lose some baby fat. Price was just injured and missed a ton of action in 2019 and we probably started out too high on him. If he’s healthy this year, I expect him to make some noise based on what I’ve heard from his coaches.

—We’ve spent a ton of time over the last few years focusing on Texas being late on offers. Out of the 31 in-state prospects represented on this list, 26 of them hold Texas offers. In many cases, Texas was first or among the first few schools to offer. There’s definitely a change in philosophy underway.

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

—We’ve spent a ton of time over the last few years focusing on Texas being late on offers. Out of the 31 in-state prospects represented on this list, 26 of them hold Texas offers. In many cases, Texas was first or among the first few schools to offer. There’s definitely a change in philosophy underway.

Fuck yes

39 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Kelvin Banks got a huge bump up to #24 overall.

I like Banks but this is way too high. He was good at that OL/DL camp in Houston but 24? If you compared that to the current class, he'd be rated higher than Brock Vandegriff, Masson Smith, and Billy Bowman to name a few. His Soph HUDL is good and he's a clear 4* prospect but it's not 5* good. 

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

PJ Williams in top 100 seems high.

WAYYYYY too high. He's 245 pounds. I mean, I don't want a 340 pound cube, but 245 and while he is clearly small and will grow A TON in S&C -- I don't think this frame will hold 50 more pounds well. And while he shows good athleticism, will he if he adds even 40 more pounds? 

OzwCpT0s_400x400.jpg

19 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Brennan Thompson at #13 seems high maybe??

In the state, maybe. In the country? Seems too high, but you can't coach 10.3 100. 

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

two drops I disagree with are Kam Dewberry (from 114 to 206) and Jadarian Price (from No. 100 to 228). 

20 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Guilbeau at #233 is way low.

For real. All three of these are foolishness. I'm not even the hugest ZOMG Dewberry guy but there's not 200 kids better than him and sure as fuck PJ Williams isn't. Price is undervalued by the rankings as it is, dropping to 228 is absurd. You simply can't teach the ability to keep slide through contact that Price has. It's not unlike Emmit Smith and how you could never get a clean shot on him, and he uses that fluidity and exceptional balance to get upfield. 

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Katy DE Malick Sylla took a big jump from No. 68 to No. 13

Too high. Way too high. 

• Like 4

247's update for Texas kids

2022 rankings for Texas prospects
1) Quinn Ewers
'8) Caleb Burton
12) Devon Campbell
13) Malick Sylla
19) Omari Abor
22) Denver Harris
24) Kelvin Banks
48) Bryan Allen Jr
57) Jaylon Guilbeau
60) Kobe McKinzie
64) Evan Stewart
69) Jaydon Blue
72) Tavorus Jones
78) Ernest Cooper
85) Austin Jordan
86) Bryce Anderson
88) Donovan Green
90) PJ Williams
100) Chance Biddle
112) Armani Winfield
124) Conner Weigman
141) Jaylen Early
144) Brenen Thompson
147) Julian Humphrey
162) Jamarion Miller
164) Jordan Hudson
192) Bobby Taylor
206) Kam Dewberry
217) Christian Driver
219) Cade Klubnik
228) Jadarian Price

ESPN's

1) Quinn Ewers
9) Devon Campbell
13) Brenen Thompson
24) Ernest Cooper
25) Evan Stewart
27) Caleb Burton
34) Jordan Hudson
35) Malick Sylla
46) Denver Harris
49) Armani Winfield
69) Donovan Green
70) Jaydon Blue
71) Cam Dewberry
75) Chace Biddle
80) Kobe McKinzie
83) Tavorus Jones
90) Bryan Allen
92) Omari Abor
93) Austin Jordan
95) PJ Williams
114) Bryce Anderson
139) Kelvin Banks
147) Harold Perkins
157) Jadarian Price
162) Christian Driver
197) Cade Klubnik
187) Emeka Megwa
205) Bear Alexander
210) Dylan Dixson
221) Bobby Taylor
224) Cameron Williams
228) Julian Humphrey
233) Jaylon Guilbeau
243) Phaizon Wilson
254) Jaylen Early
270) Garrett Rangel
275) Trent McGaughey
288) Erik Gray
291) Landon Hullaby
292) Jarred Kerr
298) Jadon Scarlett

I don't really know this class at all yet, so I don't have much to comment on 

15 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

yep, no camps this past spring and summer really limits us recruitnik fans on knowing just how good or overhyped these players are.

Normally I'd do some hudling, but I just can't bring myself to do it when the fall season for high school and college are both in doubt 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

A couple more today. I wonder if this means they interacted in some way, these guys were just top of mind, or what

Anthony Lucas: https://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Lucas-46097888/

Cole Hutson: https://247sports.com/Player/Cole-Hutson-46098336/

Looks like he added a couple of other (or at least similar) interactions ::

https://247sports.com/Player/Kaden-Saunders-46081196/

Brenan Thompson ::

https://247sports.com/Player/Brenen-Thompson-46100208/

Caleb Burton ::

https://247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Burton-46076668/

Multiple Kelvin Banks related tweets and this RT - which is interesting x2. 

Screen-Shot-2020-07-15-at-5-40-47-PM.png

From TFB.  

https://247sports.com/Player/Curlee-Thomas-46097948/

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11655764/5dc1ddbf5cb31e031c367ecf

Also posted a tweet saying he has a 82 inch wing span.

Looking ahead to the 2022 class, there is a defensive lineman worth getting to know right now – Curlee Thomas IV.

Thomas will be a junior this fall for Nolan Catholic HS in Fort Worth, Texas and is beginning to pick up steam on the recruiting trail despite COVID-19 interrupting the process.

Darius first talked about Thomas in April with his 2022 DL post, where at the time, Thomas did not hold an offer.

Thomas told me he had talked “briefly with (defensive line) Coach Giles awhile back and had a few staff members following me on Twitter recently.” So while an offer has yet to be extended, Thomas is on the radar of the staff for now.

The native of Fort Worth told me he grew up a fan of the Longhorns and even sat on his father’s lap during the Rose Bowl victory over USC back in 2006. For the remainder of Thomas’ recruitment, it’s safe to consider the Longhorns a player.

“(Texas) is already near the top,” Thomas said. “I’m just waiting for them to believe in me and give me an opportunity. Burnt orange is my color.”

I asked Thomas which other programs he had been hearing from to which he responded; “There’s a few, but Texas is Texas.”

If and when the Longhorns extend the offer, I expect them to be at the top of his list and possibly even earn an instant commitment.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

From TFB.  

https://247sports.com/Player/Curlee-Thomas-46097948/

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11655764/5dc1ddbf5cb31e031c367ecf

Also posted a tweet saying he has a 82 inch wing span.

Looking ahead to the 2022 class, there is a defensive lineman worth getting to know right now – Curlee Thomas IV.

Thomas will be a junior this fall for Nolan Catholic HS in Fort Worth, Texas and is beginning to pick up steam on the recruiting trail despite COVID-19 interrupting the process.

Darius first talked about Thomas in April with his 2022 DL post, where at the time, Thomas did not hold an offer.

Thomas told me he had talked “briefly with (defensive line) Coach Giles awhile back and had a few staff members following me on Twitter recently.” So while an offer has yet to be extended, Thomas is on the radar of the staff for now.

The native of Fort Worth told me he grew up a fan of the Longhorns and even sat on his father’s lap during the Rose Bowl victory over USC back in 2006. For the remainder of Thomas’ recruitment, it’s safe to consider the Longhorns a player.

“(Texas) is already near the top,” Thomas said. “I’m just waiting for them to believe in me and give me an opportunity. Burnt orange is my color.”

I asked Thomas which other programs he had been hearing from to which he responded; “There’s a few, but Texas is Texas.”

If and when the Longhorns extend the offer, I expect them to be at the top of his list and possibly even earn an instant commitment.

Sooooo....I think its safe to pencil Curlee in.

Where Texas stands with top 2022 recruits - Roach

Today marked an update to the 2022 Top247. As this group prepares for their junior years, the elites in the class are starting to take shape. The Longhorns have quite a few targets listed on the ranking, and we bring you the latest on where Texas stands with each of them.

Southlake (Texas) Carroll QB Quinn Ewers

247 Ranking: No. 1

Ewers is the top quarterback and likely top player on the Texas board in 2022. The in-state prospect has generational talent and grew up rooting for the Longhorns. They won’t get him without a fight though. Oklahoma currently leads on the 247Sports Crystal Ball while Alabama, Ohio State and Oregon are also in the picture. This will be a heavyweight fight.

Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei CB Domani Jackson

247 Ranking: No. 4

The Texas staff is trying to make some noise on a national level and Jackson would be the top target for the Longhorns out of state. Jay Valai has been putting in work in this recruitment to get Texas into the picture and in position to get him on campus. USC, Michigan and Clemson seem to be the three schools at the forefront, but Texas is quickly making up ground.

(Photo: Nick Harris, 247Sports)

Del Valle (Texas) WR Caleb Burton

247 Ranking: No. 8

The local Austin product would be a tremendous land for Texas, but the Longhorns face a bit of a deficit early on. Though they are gaining ground with Andre Coleman forging a relationship with Burton, they still likely trail Oklahoma and maybe Ohio State. This recruitment will take a while to play out and Texas will have its opportunity to make an impression.

Arlington (Texas) Bowie OL Devon Campbell

247 Ranking: No. 12

Texas was one of the first major programs to offer Campbell, and Herb Hand has been working overtime recruiting him. While LSU and Oklahoma are other schools Campbell mentions from time to time, Texas seems to be the school to beat at the moment.

Katy (Texas) DE Malick Sylla

247 Ranking: No. 13

Sylla is still very early in his recruitment, but Texas is in the mix for him early on. He’s giving lip service to going through on a package deal with teammate Bobby Taylor, but those deals rarely work out. Texas and Texas A&M could be the in-state schools this race comes down to, but this recruitment is likely to go national. It’s tough to name a leader at this point.

Duncanville (Texas) DE Omari Abor

247 Ranking: No. 19

Abor doesn’t talk much but Texas has been putting in work with him since they offered. A two-sport star, they’ve been talking about the idea of him playing basketball at the next level. Oklahoma would also have to be considered a strong contender in this race.

Galena Park (Texas) North Shore CB Denver Harris

247 Ranking: No. 22

Harris has been on the radar for 2022 since his freshman year at the Houston-area powerhouse. Texas offered last fall after Harris played his first varsity game and went to work to improve its chances. Jay Valai has been working hard to establish his presence in this recruitment and Texas sits near the top of this list along with programs like LSU and Ohio State.

Kelvin Banks recently decommitted from Oklahoma State (Photo: Brian Perroni, 247Sports)

Humble (Texas) Summer Creek OL Kelvin Banks

247 Ranking: No. 24

Banks’ recruitment is just getting started. After pulling an early trigger to Oklahoma State, he backed off of that commitment earlier this week. Now a whole new world will open up to him and Texas is among the early front runners along with Texas A&M. Banks plans to take his time with his next commitment.

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy S Kamari Wilson

247 Ranking: No. 36

Jay Valai is shooting for the stars with this one, but he’s done enough to get Wilson interested in Texas early. It’s still too premature to say how this one might pan out and the recruitment could go until signing day. Texas is just looking to stay in the race right now.

Port Arthur (Texas) Memorial CB Jaylon Guilbeau

247 Ranking: No. 57

Guilbeau has been high on Texas since they initially offered. Guilbeau enjoyed his first interactions with Jay Valai and his teammate Jordon Thomas is a 2021 commit. Texas will have to hold off national powers like Alabama, Georgia, and LSU while Texas A&M will also be involved. The Longhorns currently lead on the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra QB Maalik Murphy

247 Ranking; No. 58

Murphy was originally offered by Tim Beck during his time at Texas, but Mike Yurcich picked up the torch and continued to recruit the big west coast passer. Ohio State, UCLA, Oregon and USC will also factor in there as well. Texas is hanging in but not at the forefront of this race.

Frisco (Texas) Liberty WR Evan Stewart

247 Ranking: No. 64

The Longhorns were one of the first programs to offer the electric wide receiver and Jay Valai has been pouring it on. When we last caught up with Stewart, he said that no school was recruiting him harder than Texas. TCU and Texas A&M are also in the picture, but Texas is taking a backseat to nobody right now.

Klein (Texas) Cain RB Jaydon Blue

247 Ranking: No. 69

The top runner in the state of Texas has been high on the Longhorns, but LSU’s offer changed the outlook of his recruitment. With just about every major program in the country involved, Texas remains in the top group but not alone at the top.

Zion Branch" srcset="https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/200/659/9659200.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320" data-src="https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/200/659/9659200.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320" />
Bishop Gorman S Zion Branch is one of the best in 2022 (Photo: Blair Angulo, 247Sports)
El Paso (Texas) Burges RB Tavorus Jones

247 Ranking: No. 72

Texas was the first school to offer Jones and that early evaluation triggered a bunch of other follow up offers. Jones hasn’t been very vocal, but Texas is in good shape among a host of strong suitors for the west Texas back.

Las Vegas (NV) Bishop Gorman S Zion Branch

247 Ranking: No. 75

USC currently leads on the 247Sports Crystal Ball for Branch, but Texas is also pushing here. All of the heavyweights are involved, but Jay Valai is looking to make progress and pushing hard. Branch remains in constant contact with the Longhorns.

Arlington (Texas) Martin DE Ernest Cooper

247 Ranking: No. 78

Cooper doesn’t talk much, but the last time we checked with him it sounded like Texas, Texas A&M and Alabama were the schools he was talking up most. Cooper doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to get anything over with or even name any leaders at this point.

Denton (Texas) Ryan CB Austin Jordan

247 Ranking: No. 85

Jordan is another prospect Texas moved on early and are in good standing with. The Longhorns are establishing a pipeline to the ultra-talented Ryan high school. Jordan is close with 2021 Texas commits Billy Bowman and Ja’Tavion Sanders, and the Longhorns are at the top of his list along with Oklahoma and Ohio State.

Olathe (KS) Blue Valley North ATH DaSan McCullough

247 Ranking: No. 87

Texas offered McCullough earlier this spring, and they have a great connection considering Jay Valai worked with McCullough’s dad at the Kansas City Chiefs. Texas is making an early impact along with Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State. The next step will be getting McCullough on campus once visits are allowed again and seeing where things go from there.

(Photo: Mike Roach, 247Sports)

Dickinson (Texas) TE Donovan Green

The Dickinson tight end holds nearly 40 offers, and every big program in the country wants what he brings to the table. Texas is among the schools Green likes, but programs like Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Alabama loom large. It’s likely this one plays out over a long period of time with visits coming into play.

247 Ranking: No. 88

Garland (Texas) S Chace Biddle

247 Ranking: No. 100

Biddle recently named Texas his top school and the Longhorns are sitting pretty as Biddle enters his junior season. Texas A&M and Oklahoma were also mentioned but Texas is in clear control of this race right now.

Lewisville (Texas) WR Armani Winfield

247 Ranking: No. 112

It’s not for lack of trying, but Texas has never been able to gain any traction for Winfield. Oklahoma, Texas A&M and several other big programs seem to hold the buzz for him. Texas has a lot of work to do here.

Oradell (NJ) Bergen Catholic CB Jaeden Gould

247 Ranking: No. 113

Texas recently offered Gould, and those near the four-star cornerback say that Texas is doing good work there. Michigan and USC are thought to be schools standing out, but I’m told Penn State and Texas are not to be counted out of this race.

West Chester (OH) Lakota West CB Jyaire Brown

247 Ranking: No. 115

The Ohio State commit recently moved from Louisiana to Ohio, but he remains in contact with Texas. Brown says he’s firmly committed to the Buckeyes, but his contact is too frequent to other schools to believe he’s completely shut down.

Edmond (Okla.) Santa Fe WR Talyn Shettron

247 Ranking: No. 129

Texas recently offered the Oklahoma prospect with a big frame and natural playmaking skills. Oklahoma leads on the 247Sports Crystal Ball, but Shettron mentioned that the Texas offer was huge to him when he got it. Shettron is still on the rise with more offers to pick up.

(Photo: Used with permission by 806HSSC.com)
Duncanville (Texas) OT Jaylen Early

247 Ranking: No. 141

Early exploded during the spring with a rash of offers and now he stands at 26 total. No schools are standing out for Early at this time, but he keeps in frequent contact with Texas offensive line coach Herb Hand. There is still a ways to go in this race.

Spearman (Texas) ATH Brenen Thompson

247 Ranking: No. 144

Texas was early to offer the electric playmaker and they’ve made an early impression on him. Thompson is currently speaking to many schools and isn’t close to narrowing things down, but Jay Valai and Tom Herman are working hard in this recruitment to ensure they will stick in the race.

Garland (Texas) ATH Jordan Hudson

247 Ranking: No. 164

The Longhorns were early to offer Hudson as well and like him on either side of the ball. Oklahoma and USC are two schools that also appeal to Hudson, but this is another race where Texas is hanging near the top.

Katy (Texas) CB Bobby Taylor

247 Ranking: No. 192

The son of former NFL star Bobby Taylor recently included Texas in his Top 12, but the Longhorns aren’t at the top of his list. Both Texas A&M and Oklahoma are in a better position as Jay Valai sets his sights on other targets.

Humble (Texas) Atascocita OL Kam Dewberry

247 Ranking: No. 206

Dewberry pointed out earlier this summer that he’s been to Texas more than any other school. If the Longhorns can show some success with Samuel Cosmi in the draft, it may help them land Dewberry. SEC powers and Oklahoma will also factor into that race.

Argyle (Texas) Liberty Christian S Cristian Driver

COMMENTS
247 Ranking: No. 217

Driver doesn’t say much, but Texas is recruiting him like a priority at this point. National powers like Ohio State and Alabama are also involved. At this point, Driver seems to be wide open and considering his options.

Denison (Texas) RB Jadarian Price

247 Ranking: No. 228

Texas was one of the earliest schools to offer Jadarian Price, and he visited Austin several times. Since that time, Texas offered a few other running back prospects and the staff is taking their time evaluating. Price is looking to bounce back after an injury-riddled sophomore campaign.

IT follows suit

Get to know the 2022 class better - Nahlin

We’ll use rankings as the vehicle. Via ESPN:

Thanks to Fuddy to posting the order in the Prospects Board:

1) Quinn Ewers, Southlake Carroll: Familiar name. I don’t want to say UT controls its destiny but sometimes it feels that way. Need a season and need a good offense. Gun to head, I think UT gets him in the end but it has to be earned. Also the No. 1 overall player in the country by 247Sports.

9) Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie: Love the kid, have mentioned him a bunch. Super athletic, could play DT in college. Surprised by the ranking because of lack of length but still a baller and must-get in the class.

13) Brenen Thompson, Spearman: He’s a runner and it shows. Elite, elite track speed. Only question is projection but I like him in the slot. Ranking is a bit high but if you’re going on play-speed, he has it like few others. I’m watching OU here but UT is in it.

24) Ernest Cooper, Arlington Martin: Could be a Jack, could be a DE. UT was an early offer and should figure into the recruitment. Landing Morice Blackwell couldn’t have hurt.

25) Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty: The other half of the Twin Turbos, UT likes Stewart at corner but will need to recruit him at WR to have a chance. Stick him at Z.

27) Caleb Burton, Del Valle: 247Sports ranked him the No. 1 WR in the country. It would be a worse miss than Garrett Wilson. UT has the home field advantage.

34) Jordan Hudson, Garland: Not sure he’s the best recruit on his own team but he’s a good player. I have him as an ATH at this point, could be WR or DB.

35) Malick Sylla, Katy: Length and bend for the 6-foot-6 DE. He looks like an elite Omenihu. Ranking is deserved, imo.

46) Denver Harris, North Shore: I’m surprised he’s not a top-10 player in the nation. Five-star corner to me.

49) Armani Winfield, Lewisville: Good outside receiver prospect. Been a household name for a long time already. Probably going OOS.

69) Donovan Green, Dickinson: The rare TE with legit twitch. I think A&M has the advantage but I could see him at OU or UT if the Horns put together a good class.

70) Jaydon Blue, Klein Cain: Baller, pinball back with burst and nuance. Drayton has been on this kid since he was in the 8th grade. UT will have stiff competition from across the country. Watch LSU.

71) Kam Dewberry, Atascocita: High floor, good ceiling lineman. Could play tackle or guard. Texas will be in it throughout.

75) Chace Biddle, Garland: Biddle and Hudson definitely sounds like a law firm. Just need a third. How about Biddle, Hudson, and Valai? UT’s in a good spot.

80) Kobe McKinzie, Lubbock Cooper: I really like him but he’s going to be a defensive end, not a LB. Committed to OU. Was previously committed to Tech.

83) Tavorus Jones, El Paso Burgess: Explosive with good size. Texas would love to land Jones and Blue.

90) Bryan Allen, Aledo: Bad beat when he committed to LSU so early. UT will have to work. Michael Huff starter kit. Might be my No. 3 player in the state.

92) Omari Abor, Duncanville: DE who will probably spin inside.

93) Austin Jordan, Denton Ryan: I’m not seeing him at corner but he could be a legit take as a safety. UT is in good shape and prioritizing him. They see corner, by the way. File that one in the back of your mind.

95) PJ Williams, Dickinson: Athletic, grow ’em OT. UT has yet to offer.

114) Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook: Ranking is about right. Some thought he might become a five-star but he’s not quite there. LSU commit.

139) Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek. He’s probably a top-50 national prospect but that requires some projection. Definitely a top-10 player in the state to me.

147) Harold Perkins, Cy Park: I always have to look up this kid’s high school. Humble, athletic. Will LB potential which means there’s more demand than supply.

157) Jadarian Price, Denison: I’ve always had Blue ahead of him and don’t know him all that well. Seems like an Oklahoma State kid who goes for 1200 yards a few years in a row.

162) Cristian Driver, Liberty Christian: Son of Donald. UT offered a long time ago. He doesn't talk much these days. I think UT is still recruiting him, though. So many options at DB in 2022.

197) Cade Klubnik, Westlake: Hasn’t played much but like with Hudson Card waiting his turn at Lake Travis, you know he’ll blow up as a junior. Aggie family.

187) Emeka Megwa, Nolan Catholic: Another who was early on the scene. Holds a Texas offer at RB.

205) Bear Alexander, Dallas Skyline: Played JV ball last year but I expect him to jump up the rankings after this season. Only real concerns are with size. He was big early.

210) Dylan Dixson, Pearland: Plays safety/OLB but will be a linebacker in college. There’s value in the spin.

221) Bobby Taylor, Katy: Speaking of, if Taylor moved to safety he might be a take for every school in the country. The risk here is if corner doesn’t work out but that’s where he sees himself. I think he’s a player, though.

224) Cameron Williams, Duncanville: One of three reasons Duncanville put Savion Byrd on defense. Massive OL. Has heard some from Texas.

228) Julian Humphrey, Clear Lake: Brother of John who didn’t embrace defense. Julian already plays his college position. He’s an offer to me. I think he moves well and has a great frame for corner. Nickel possibilities.

233) Jaylon Guilbeau, Port Arthur Memorial: ESPN is low on him. 247Sports is high (No. 57). UT is high on him. I’m somewhere in the middle. Athleticism is there, tape ain’t great. Great build. Could be a nickel.

243) Phaizon Wilson, Lancaster: I’m out on most target receivers so the value here is if he can grow to TE. UT likes him.

254) Jaylen Early, Duncanville: The other reason Savion Byrd was played at DT. Already holds Texas and just about everyone else.

270) Garrett Rangel, Frisco Lone Star: All the focus is on Ewers but I’m a fan of this kid. Pretty lively arm. Gundy has already offered.

275) Trent McGaughey, Shadow Creek: I like him as a fit. Doesn't do anything great, does everything well. Can be a dual-threat as receiver and mobile move piece as a blocker. Helps unlock the scheme.

288) Erik Gray, Amarillo: Love the upside. Pure guard but if you’re in the market for one, he’s a take. Looks like a Texas offer to me.

291) Landon Hullaby, Mansfield Timberview: Somebody in their family must have built on a Native American burial ground. The punishment was that Jaden and Landon would be ‘slept on’. Love ’em both. I’m spinning Landon to nickel or safety, though. Value in the spin, once again.

292) Jarred Kerr, Lexington: Been a while since Lexington had a kid. This one’s a badass. Competition sucks but his play speed/suddenness looks legit. Would love to verify the speed. Play speed definitely good enough for safety, but he could be a WR too. Verified times could really boost his profile.

298) Jadon Scarlett, Coram Deo Academy: Not only did I need to look the kid up, but I had to look up the school. Similar with Kerr, competition serves as a poor barometer but the kid can move. He’s a four-down d-lineman in college, but not sure if it’s d-end or 3-tech. Length is a bit of an issue but his first step and COD are on point.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

IT follows suit

Get to know the 2022 class better - Nahlin

Trying not too be overly cynical but it sucks seeing so many 2021 + 2022 blue chippers that will need to be impressed by a good season this fall when there probably won't be any football period

On 7/15/2020 at 1:06 PM, Fud said:

247's update for Texas kids

2022 rankings for Texas prospects
1) Quinn Ewers
'8) Caleb Burton
12) Devon Campbell
13) Malick Sylla
19) Omari Abor
22) Denver Harris
24) Kelvin Banks
48) Bryan Allen Jr
57) Jaylon Guilbeau
60) Kobe McKinzie
64) Evan Stewart
69) Jaydon Blue
72) Tavorus Jones
78) Ernest Cooper
85) Austin Jordan
86) Bryce Anderson
88) Donovan Green
90) PJ Williams
100) Chance Biddle
112) Armani Winfield
124) Conner Weigman
141) Jaylen Early
144) Brenen Thompson
147) Julian Humphrey
162) Jamarion Miller
164) Jordan Hudson
192) Bobby Taylor
206) Kam Dewberry
217) Christian Driver
219) Cade Klubnik
228) Jadarian Price

ESPN's

1) Quinn Ewers
9) Devon Campbell
13) Brenen Thompson
24) Ernest Cooper
25) Evan Stewart
27) Caleb Burton
34) Jordan Hudson
35) Malick Sylla
46) Denver Harris
49) Armani Winfield
69) Donovan Green
70) Jaydon Blue
71) Cam Dewberry
75) Chace Biddle
80) Kobe McKinzie
83) Tavorus Jones
90) Bryan Allen
92) Omari Abor
93) Austin Jordan
95) PJ Williams
114) Bryce Anderson
139) Kelvin Banks
147) Harold Perkins
157) Jadarian Price
162) Christian Driver
197) Cade Klubnik
187) Emeka Megwa
205) Bear Alexander
210) Dylan Dixson
221) Bobby Taylor
224) Cameron Williams
228) Julian Humphrey
233) Jaylon Guilbeau
243) Phaizon Wilson
254) Jaylen Early
270) Garrett Rangel
275) Trent McGaughey
288) Erik Gray
291) Landon Hullaby
292) Jarred Kerr
298) Jadon Scarlett

I don't really know this class at all yet, so I don't have much to comment on 

Surprised not to see the LB from Manvel listed - Justin Medlock. Looked him up, and he's a high 3-star on 247, but he's already got some real offers for a '22 kid. His dad played at A&M, so we're probably already out.  

https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Medlock-46081319/

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Watching the HUDL and there's the standard blitzing and TFL stuff, but man the play that got me was at 0:45 - the INT for a TD, that was fantastic. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11167300/5db6966c2347900ea0461462

Edited by golfclap

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Watching the HUDL and there's the standard blitzing and TFL stuff, but man the play that got me was at 0:45 - the INT for a TD, that was fantastic. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11167300/5db6966c2347900ea0461462

I want to see measurables. With no feel for competition, he looks like a 4.7 40m, 4.2 shuttle type dude. Quick with no long speed. If he's 6'4, Ossai starter kit. At 6'2, he's either a tweener, or faster than I think he is. 

5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I want to see measurables. With no feel for competition, he looks like a 4.7 40m, 4.2 shuttle type dude. Quick with no long speed. If he's 6'4, Ossai starter kit. At 6'2, he's either a tweener, or faster than I think he is. 

Looks like he had a shoulder injury - hence only 4 games on video. 

Freshman track time shows a 15.32 100m hurdle which would've put him 7th in the state of Texas in 2019. If he's 200+ pounds and he certainly looks like he is then I think he's likely going to test very well. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting