Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Huh, @Kyrie Eleison said Warren Easton kids never ever go to LSU.

That's where we landed Cain from. Not that he was getting LSU interest, but nonetheless

Looks like Embody did an update yesterday to accompany the CBs

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter

6 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

OU and aggy recently offered this OL from the Golden Triangle area.

https://247sports.com/Player/Demetrius-Hunter-46102660/

ASU has been the first school to offer tons of prospects all across the country since Herm arrived. It’ll be interesting to see if that approach pays off by turning a great season in the next few years into a top 10-15 class.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CL Horn said:

guess we can count out Green and Williams - just like McCutchin, these recruits don't know how to be respectful of schools giving them full rides. Whatevs peace bitches 

Big difference between that and McCutchin's whining imo

Edited by texifornia

HammLite with a Banks CB ::

I am putting one in for national top-100 class of 2022 offensive tackle Kelvin Banks.

Banks had been an early Oklahoma State commit, making that pledge during the season, before backing off of that last weekend. Even before the decommitment, A&M was in good shape. He has long been a fan of the program and, when he was offered a month ago, it was a big one for him.

One of the reasons that Banks liked Oklahoma State was the small-town feel of Stillwater. It reminded him a bit of Humble, where it felt small but still had the city conveniences. That is obviously similar to College Station as well.

He does not plan to commit again anywhere until next summer and, since it is early, I'm leaving the confidence level at 'Medium' with a 6, but I think he eventually ends up on the Aggie commitment list. Texas is working really hard there with LSU, USC and Oregon also being really involved. But, the Aggies have done a good job building a relationship already and he had liked them even before.

I think there's a good chance that both Humble ISD tackles - Banks and Kam Dewberry - end up at A&M. I actually feel a little better about the Banks prediction, though.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kelvin-Banks-46082828/

Nick Harris: LSU and Texas emerging as top schools for four-star Jaydon Blue

HOUSTON, Texas — Klein Cain running back Jaydon Blue is continuing to rise on the recruiting trail after a sophomore season that saw him put up 1,612 rushing yards in just nine games. Following Wednesday's rankings update by 247Sports, Blue remains the No. 1 running back in Texas and the No. 4 running back in the country. Schools from coast-to-coast have taken notice and thrown their hat in on his recruitment as he continues to improve his size and game skills.

"I've just been talking to coaches from different schools," Blue said. "They just talk to me about how hard they've been recruiting me." Texas was early on offering Blue as they became just the second program behind Arizona State to offer back in September of 2019. "Texas is one of my top schools right now so I talk to them a bunch," he said. "I mainly talk to [running backs] Coach [Stan] Drayton and Coach Tom Herman."

Bigger programs are starting to offer Blue but it seems as though most of the regional powers are holding the upper hand. That being said, national powers are starting to recruit the composite four-star hard. "I've been talking to Stanford and Michigan," he said. "I just talked to [Michigan head coach] [Jim] Harbaugh yesterday."

Despite being late in offering back in May, LSU has made up a ton of ground for the lifelong Tigers fan as they have emerged as his top school ahead of his junior season. "[LSU] is my number one right now, I talk to them every day," Blue said. "I talk to [running backs] Coach [Kevin] Faulk and Coach [Ed] O[rgeron] a lot. I want to visit LSU again, Texas, Georgia, USC again and Oklahoma."

While this may not be the best news for Texas fans, Blue is in no rush to make a decision and plans to visit the aforementioned schools multiple times before coming to a decision in 2021 during his senior season. At 5-foot-10, 205 pounds, Blue is the No. 61 recruit in the country, according to 247Sports Composite. He is the No. 4 running back in the country and the No. 11 recruit in the state of Texas for the class of 2022.

https://www.si.com/college/texas/football/no-1-high-school-quarterback-high-on-texas-longhorns-oc

No. 1 High School Quarterback Speaks Highly of Texas Longhorns OC

By:  Tomer Barazani      Jul 18, 2020

The top recruit has received offers from the country's best programs. While it's still quite early in the process, the Southlake Carroll product gave some early insights on some potential landing spots.  “Definitely Ohio State, I talk to them the most,” Ewers told 247Sports “…Auburn still with Coach [Chad] Morris. Texas, Michigan a little bit, Oklahoma, there’s a few more.”

As a high school sophomore, Ewers put up staggering numbers going 291 of 402 for 3,998 passing yards, a 72.4% completion percentage, 45 touchdowns and three interceptions.

Texas head new offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich made a promising impression on the young prospect.  “Coach Yurcich, he’s really cool,” Ewers said. “He’s really smart. I’ve talked to him quite a bit. He’s easy to talk to. Cool guy.”

The longtime Texas fan stated his desire to see the Longhorns step it up this coming season:

“Growing up [the Longhorns are] the team I rooted for. My whole family is Longhorns. That’d be pretty cool. I have family near Austin. They would all come to games. I have family in New Braunfels which isn’t too far and a bunch more family down South, that’s where we originally moved from. This year they have to amp it up a little bit. I’m excited to see what they can do this year.”

Thoughts

Texas will need to prove that the program has bounced back from mediocrity. Passing on offers from Oklahoma, which is known to be a breeding ground for young quarterbacks, and Ohio State will be a tough decision for Ewers. Coming off a 8-5 record, fans will need to see the new coaching staff step up and elevate potential heisman candidate Sam Ehlinger to compete for a national championship.

• Like 3

(Justin Wells) Recruiting: Texas has eyes on Kam Dewberry

With so many high school athletes missing out on spring ball and the summer camp scene, prospects have to get creative in 2020. Humble Atascocita's Kam Dewberry is making the most of his time. The 15-20 minute morning runs are the new norm. Same with the makeshift weight room in the garage or backyard. He’s looking for an edge around every corner of the house.

For the 6-foot-4, 300-pound offensive lineman, the grind never stops. Even when you drop in recruiting rankings despite no games, no practices, and no new film. "Man, I'm eager to get back on the field," said Dewberry. "I'm hungry. I have a lot to prove. I dropped really far in the rankings, but I've got plenty to prove on the field." Dewberry had a strong performance at the ESPN 300 Elite Underclassmen Camp on Sunday. With some of the top OL talent in the region on hand, Dewberry stood out.

A four-star with 28 offers before his first junior snap, he loves the competition and the standard being set at Atascocita playing behind some of the best young linemen in the country. UT's Sam Cosmi and Texas A&M's Kenyon Green played before Dewberry and he maintains relationships with both. "I talk to those guys almost everyday," said Dewberry. "They give me pointers, they help me, and we workout together. It's just a really good relationship between all of us."

Dewberry plays tackle, but he also works on guard techniques and sets. He wants to be versatile and help out his team and future college program in any way. He wants to be different. From the recruiting side, his rating might've dropped, but the attention from colleges has not. "Texas, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Alabama, Georgia, and LSU are recruiting me the hardest," Dewberry said. "Coach (Herb) Hand is really a smart guy. I've seen him develop Sam Cosmi from being a three-star, low recruit in high school to be a first-round pick next year. That's one thing that really stands out."

Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, and Ohio State are among his top offers, but after speaking with Dewberry, you get the sense none of it has gone to his head. Dewberry brings tenacity on the field, but a humble nature off it. He's grateful and enjoying the process. "Just knowing I can go anywhere I want in America, that's really fun and exciting," said Dewberry. "Visiting different places is the fun part as well. I like to travel so whenever I go to a new place, I soak in the atmosphere."

I expect Texas to get an unofficial visit from Dewberry whenever visits are a thing again. UT has a solid foundation for 2022 o-line recruiting, and Dewberry is near the top of that wish list.

Per Nahlin (per Gerry Hamilton), Dewberry is 6' 4", 323 lbs. with a 4.97s shuttle, 83" wingspan, and 8.26 three-cone drill

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting