24 Chace Biddle, S, Garland
Team to beat: Texas

25 Jarred Kerr, S/N, Lexington
Team to beat: N/A

Ā 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hullaby seems high. And in general there is a lot of fucking sunshine pumping in there.Ā 

There are a lot of N/As that are not actually N/As.Ā 

I think mental eval plays a role with Hullaby. I just hope it plays out that way. That said, we are going to take 5-6 DBs next cycle, especially if we miss on Mukuba so it's a no pressure situation for Hullaby and Texas if they can hit on the top of their board. I thought Biddle would be higher, but both is good.

The WRs being all Texas leans is the sunniest of the sunshine. Especially Burton. You can't say Burton favors Texas and Sylla favors no one, when in reality Burton is open to Texas and Sylla is leaning aggy.Ā 

I was surprised to see PJ Williams in the top 25. He's on the all-measurables team.Ā 

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hullaby seems high.

I think once people got good measurements on him that he was bound to go up.Ā Landon is bigger than a lot of coaches expected (another late bloomer) and he's got the ability to cover a lot of ground - lots ofĀ position flexibility (think Akina style).Ā His brother kicking ass and taking names is only going to help, agreed.Ā I like him better than Cristian Driver long term. If he's the floor in this DB class, then it will be badass.Ā 

Ā 

33 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

n general there is a lot of fucking sunshine pumping in there.Ā 

A LOT.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I know it's early but I'm curious what others think of our chances with the OT offers 247 is showing. Are we considered the leader for any of these?

Will Campbell (La)

Banks

Dewberry

PJ Williams

Jacob Sexton (Ok)

Jaylen Early

Ā 

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

The appropriate response to your question is as follows:

Fuck the Brockermeyers and I hope Blake gets run over by 6 buses, but lives and incredibly long and painful life as a mute but fully conscious quadriplegic.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I know it's early but I'm curious what others think of our chances with the OT offers 247 is showing. Are we considered the leader for any of these?

Will Campbell (La)

Banks

Dewberry

PJ Williams

Jacob Sexton (Ok)

Jaylen Early

before i got kicked from the gc pj seemed really excited about the possibility of playing with ewersĀ 

Ā 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

before i got kicked from the gc pj seemed really excited about the possibility of playing with ewersĀ 

Ā 

I think PJ, Green, and Perkins are boys, and landing one helps to land the others, and landing two helps with the third

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Will Campbell (La)

Banks

Dewberry

PJ Williams

Jacob Sexton (Ok)

Jaylen Early

Yeah, none.

From that group, I think Sexton and Banks are going to shake out as the most gettable.

Campbell put us in his top 12, but he's going to LSU

PJ will go aggy or national. Smart money says national with the number of schools that will be recruiting his TE teammate. Donovan Green doesn't line up well with Texas, supposedly.

Early is at Duncanville which is bad for us this cycle

Dewberry is supposedly an aggy lean but Cosmi in his ear and Green sticking at guard could both provide some favorable tailwindsĀ 

I think Bedenbaugh lands Early, I don't know who else they want. They've offered a ton of national names already

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

PJ will go aggy or national. Smart money says national with the number of schools that will be recruiting his TE teammate. Donovan Green doesn't line up well with Texas, supposedly.

Ā 

Texas has a better shot with Green than I originally assumed

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Tavorus Jones picked up a USC offer. That guy has absolutely blown up. Pretty impressive eval by the staff on that one.Ā 

https://247sports.com/player/tavorus-jones-46101298/

Iā€™m wondering how theyā€™ll handle that one. Definitely seems like Blue should be higher on the board, but Jones is a stud and we donā€™t want to miss him waiting for Blue. Hopefully the early eval and strong relationship will give us some roomĀ to let the Blue recruitment play out.Ā 
Ā 

Also, itā€™s gonna suck not having testing numbers for any of these guys. We at least had some early numbers for the 21 class. Ā Hard to have much of an opinion on a RB without measurables.Ā 

8 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Trying to think of the last really good player to come out of El Paso. I remember we got a DT out of there several years back.

Not sure if youā€™re only talking about who UT got, but if weā€™re talking anyone out of El Paso, it has to be Aaron Jones, Pro Bowl RB for the Packers. Though he was a military brat so heā€™s a bit of an exception.Ā 

That's a great looking HSFB stadium, every kid deserves to experience playing on a grass home fieldĀ like thatĀ one.

Not sure if serious....but 100% endorse. My hs stadium was nuts and we all preferred playing at Georgetown. Although, fuck Georgetown. But their stadium was awesome and shitty. So was pflugerville
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting