Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Stars at Night visitor list from IT

OL Kam Dewberry, Atascocita (Humble, TX): The 6-foot-5, 295-pounder might be the best offensive linemen in the state for his class. He really likes Texas at this early point (always has according to his dad). We know the 2022 o-line class will be on the smaller size meaning you want to land elite, versatile players with high floors. Dewberry fits.

OL Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek (Humble, TX): With Dewberry making the trip I sent Kelvin Banks from Summer Creek a message to see if he's visiting anywhere. He responded in about four seconds that he'll visit Texas too. The two are good friends. While Dewberry has the higher profile now some wonder if Banks has the higher ceiling.

TE Donovan Green, Dickinson (Dickinson, TX): Word around Dickinson is he'll be better than 2019 A&M commit Jalen Wydermyer. Green doesn't quite have the size Wydermyer had but he's more physical. Size can come later. He's camping.

LB Martrell Harris, The Woodlands (The Woodlands, TX): Brother to Teddy Knox, the transfer from Baton Rouge. Keep an eye on this one.

LB Jordan Crook, Bishop Dunne (Dallas, TX): He visited for the pool party and is making a quick return. Texas is making real inroads at Dunne after landing Jaden Hullaby. Crook has a number of solid, early offers. He's a real linebacker, when you find these in-state you have to cherish them and recruit them harder than you might other positions.

ATH Eric Hemphill III, Brenham (Brenham, TX): The next big thing out of Brenham will very likely work his way into an offer after this upcoming season. He profiles to corner but has offensive ability too. Kid can move.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:31 PM, texifornia said:

Comes from a great family,  I played baseball with his dad in high school and graduated HS with his mom. Both were great athletes in Hs, his dad played for Syracuse, has an older sister who is a softball player at tech. As mentioned, great family bloodlines. 

Mike Roach notes

—2022 Del Valle wide receiver Caleb Burton picked up an offer as well. The fast-rising sophomore has been to Texas a few times since he’s a local prospect, and he loves the coaching staff and campus. Burton’s father coaches at Del Valle, and the staff did a great job recruiting him early.

—2022 Brenham cornerback Eric Hemphill was reportedly one of the top defensive back prospects in attendance. Hemphill said that he grew up watching Texas, and he’s a huge fan of the way their defensive backs play. He’ll be one to watch in the coming years.

—2022 Skyline defensive tackle Bear Alexander said he loved hanging with Texas defensive line coach Oscar Giles. Alexander said he feels that Giles has great family values, and he loves how hard he’s recruiting him. Alexander is not in any hurry to decide, and he’s focused on improving his game and helping skyline.

—2022 Bishop Dunne linebacker Jordan Crook was back yet again this summer. Crook said that he’s continuing to build a relationship with Texas defensive coordinator Todd Orlando, and he feels he improved his skills during the camp. Crook said that Orlando is supposed to visit during the season to see him action, and he feels he could be close to an offer.

—2022 Skyline defensive tackle Bear Alexander said he loved hanging with Texas defensive line coach Oscar Giles. Alexander said he feels that Giles has great family values, and he loves how hard he’s recruiting him.

"This is not the Giles you're looking for."  (waves hand)

IT

By: @josephcook 

Keithan "Bear" Alexander, Skyline (Dallas, TX): When you're a 6-foot-4, 330 pound soon-to-be sophomore the 'Bear' nickname is self-explanatory. The potential early five-star already holds offers from Texas, LSU, Alabama, Ohio State, Florida, and whoever else he wants.

What's it like at Texas?
"It's amazing knowing that I already have the offer, and just coming back and being around the family atmosphere - Giles is a great guy and Herman is a great guy - so it's just an amazing time here at Texas."

(Keondre Coburn yells at him)

"They call him my twin."

GILE: 
"Giles is just a family man. Every time that he sees me, he's fired up and wired up about me. He said he'd love to have me playing under him. He knows I can play at any level and I'll be an amazing player."

Skyline: 
"I just really want to be violent with my hands a violent with my get-off. Just make sure that I'm very explosive off the football and chasing down the football."

Focus for this season: 
"I'm just planning to take care of my books. Most likely, I'll try and catch the LSU and Texas game."

Timeline: 
"I'm just going to rack up offers and keep trying to go for Skyline."

CLOSING NOTES from Joe and Eric
- It's time to get to know Donovan Green in the 2022 class. The tight end turned a lot of heads with his play. I retweeted some clips of his that had Bo Scaife chiming in. I've mentioned Green before as having the potential to be better than 2019 A&M signee Jalen Wydermyer, also from Dickinson. Along with being athletic, he's also physical. Texas is his instate favorite. He had this to say about out-of-state schools: "LSU is looking, Alabama is looking, also Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State, Notre Dame also." Green is about 6-foot-3, 215 pounds.

Just the top 100 for now.

1. Shemar Stewart (SDE)

30. Jadarian Price (RB)

38. Kobie McKenzie (OLB, Texas Tech commit)

46. Isaiah Broadway (RB)

51. Caleb Burton (WR)

53. Armani Winfield (WR)

56. Cristian Driver (S)

62. Kam Dewberry (OT)

85. Emeka Megwa (RB)

96. Bear Alexander (DT)

98. Bryce Anderson (S)

13 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Just the top 100 for now.

Reveal hidden contents

1. Shemar Stewart (SDE)

30. Jadarian Price (RB)

38. Kobie McKenzie (OLB, Texas Tech commit)

46. Isaiah Broadway (RB)

51. Caleb Burton (WR)

53. Armani Winfield (WR)

56. Cristian Driver (S)

62. Kam Dewberry (OT)

85. Emeka Megwa (RB)

96. Bear Alexander (DT)

98. Bryce Anderson (S)

Takin bets that Kobie Mckinzie doesn't stick with tech.

From Wells

JAMARION MILLER

Starting his sophomore season as the lead tailback for Tyler Lee is a big responsibility for Miller.

At 5-foot-11, 180 pounds, the returning letterman played a key role as a freshman for the 6A Red Raiders in 2018. He had to, his talent and ability are too hard to deny.

One of the fastest athletes in East Texas, Lee head coach Kurt Traylor knew he had something when Miller enrolled last year. Jamarion is the little brother of former John Tyler four-star WR, Texas signee Damion Miller, who currently plays at Tyler JC. The DNA is filled with speed and ability.

"My expectations for this season is to get better everyday," Miller explained. "I want to get better at reading blocks, finding holes, and doing whatever I have to for us to have success this season."

Unlike his older brother, Jamarion is more quiet and reserved. He doesn't seek attention and just wants to make his family and coaches proud. He's off to an excellent start.

"I want to have the best year I can, keep my grades good, and show colleges I'm worthy," said Miller. "I love the University of Texas. They were the first school to start recruiting me and have always wanted to play there."

For now, getting through this midday practice and hydrating before film sessions is his only goal. He takes on that responsibility and is mature beyond his years. With Jamarion and Jadarian Price (Denison) clearly on UT's map for 2022, the Horns are setting themselves up quite nicely down the road.

20 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Hopefully we remained cordial with Damion. 

I'm not even worried about that. His coach is Kurt Traylor....if it's any relation to Jeff Traylor, that will be an uphill battle. Then again maybe not. I don't think Arky Chad lasts until the 2022 football season in Fayette-nam. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting