Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:11 AM, PencilPusher said:

Going to keep an eye on this kid as my daughter is likely going to Summer Creek next year. Kenny Harrison (HC at Summer Creek) is a Texas grad (played for Mack I think). Summer Creek may start turning out a few more D1 caliber players in the upcoming years (most notable one to date was Dakota Allen from Tech).

I think Kenny was here during the Mackovic years.  Good to have him at an up-and-coming program.

• Like 1

IT

Spoiler

TE Dovnovan Green, Dickinson (Dickinson, TX) - 2022: We were pretty sure he'd blow up and now he already holds LSU, Oklahoma, and Texas. He picked up his UT offer while visiting for the LSU game. Stud, willing blocker and dangerous receiver. A&M landed a good one in Jalen Wydermyer last cycle, the word around Dickinson is Green will be better.

How did you receive the offer?
"This visit was great, the fans were amazing, and before the game I was on the sideline and Coach Herman called me over and said he liked my film and offered me a scholarship."

[it seems to make an impression when Herman offers while down on the field. It feels personal to the prospects]

Current, early thoughts on UT:
"I like what I see so far but it’s a long process."

Wild game, huh?
"It was a crazy back and forth game. Both teams threw the ball a lot. I like to see that being recruited by both teams."

Upcoming visits:
"Going to Oklahoma at the end of the month for the OU vs. Texas Tech game. Will try to make a LSU home game as well."

RB Jaydon Blue, Klein Cain (Houston, TX) - 2022: Texas offered the 5-foot-10, 190-pound pinball. Texas became the second school to offer after Arizona State offered early last summer. That 2022 running back class is shaping up to be solid but I have to see an elite emerge.

Texas offered, who else is showing interest?
"Georgia, LSU, Alabama is all I can think of right now."

Did you grow up with a favorite?
"LSU."

Are you related to Alfred Blue?
"No sir."

You guys played Katy Tompkins on Friday. How did Jalen Milroe look?
"He did okay. We held him to 0 TDs and we were up 17-7 at the first half, then our defense gave up 35 points in the second half so we didn’t get the win."

I'll catch a Klein Cain game this fall.

OL Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek (Humble, TX) - 2022: Like the Reservoir Dogs Mr. Green and Mr. Blue, Mr. Banks also picked up an offer in the 2022 class. Texas added its name to Arizona State, Oklahoma State, Florida State, and U of H.

How did it feel to get Texas?
"It felt very good that a Power 5 team like that believes that I can be a part of their team."

What did you think of the game?
"It was a good game. Both teams played hard all the way to the end."

Do you and Kam Dewberry talk about playing on the same line in college?
"Not often but that would be a dangerous sight."

Dewberry (Atascocita, already holds an offer) and Banks know each other quite well after growing up in the same area. 2022 o-line will be a smaller class but these two are early priorities.

Visiting this weekend, per IT

RB Jamarion Miller, Lee (Tyler, TX): The 6-foot tailback with speed, quickness, and vision. He's the starter for Tyler Lee (3-0) and has lived up to his early expectations. Arkansas offered; OU, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech are on him too.

ATH Jacobe Chester, Ridge Point (Fort Bend): Tons of early attention for Chester - Florida, Alabama, Texas A&M. He could emerge as a priority but it's early.

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

That's my neck of the woods. I'll see if I can find anything on him. 

No need as I can tell you anything you want to know about the kid.  But basically he's an absolute stud right now.  Auburn is recruiting him the hardest.  Most other second tier SEC schools have been in contact.  The kid really has no preference as far as schools go.  

3 hours ago, txhorns said:

No need as I can tell you anything you want to know about the kid.  But basically he's an absolute stud right now.  Auburn is recruiting him the hardest.  Most other second tier SEC schools have been in contact.  The kid really has no preference as far as schools go.  

Yeah, do whatever you can to keep this kid away from anyone calling themselves Spiderwhateverthefuckbanana from the Internet before he ruins UT’s chances and the kid has to move away. 

From Wells, quotes from a couple 2022s that visited:

Cade Klubnik, (Austin Westlake QB, 2022): “I enjoyed the game. I spoke to Coach Tim Beck and Coach Larry Fedora for a while. And then all the players I know well on the team. Of course Sam, because he played with my brother. Known him since I was little. And Casey Thompson, know him from different places. And a couple other guys. It was really fun.”

Other schools involved include UT, Baylor and A&M the most right now. Still early for the big signal-caller from down the street.

Jamarion Miler (Tyler Lee, RB) was thrilled: “The game was good. (UT) made a couple mistakes that can easily can get fixed, but the game was good overall. About the time we made it to the field, the players and coaches were on the field, so I couldn’t talk to some of them, but one coach came up to me and started talking my film, and how it's been looking good and everything. Coach Washington came up to introduce himself to me and everything.” He was joined by his God parents, Todd Parker and Lanna Parker.

Miller and Texas remain solid early on.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting