Trivial things that make you go Awwwwwww

Superhero

2 month old woke up a bit early for her bottle this morning, and she was ravenously hungry apparently. Sat up in bed and fed her the bottle while the wife pumped (no pics). Well baby girl was a bit overzealous and inhaled the bottle...then promptly followed it up with a prodigious spit up/vomit all over me. I mean not a drip went anywhere else but on me. 

after making sure I didn’t get any on my face, I look over and she has the biggest smile on her face. Like she did it on purpose for shits and giggles. 

when your baby grins a toothless smile at you, it’s hard not to just beam with happiness. Even at 5am with no coffee in your system. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

2 month old woke up a bit early for her bottle this morning, and she was ravenously hungry apparently. Sat up in bed and fed her the bottle while the wife pumped (no pics). Well baby girl was a bit overzealous and inhaled the bottle...then promptly followed it up with a prodigious spit up/vomit all over me. I mean not a drip went anywhere else but on me. 

after making sure I didn’t get any on my face, I look over and she has the biggest smile on her face. Like she did it on purpose for shits and giggles. 

when your baby grins a toothless smile at you, it’s hard not to just beam with happiness. Even at 5am with no coffee in your system. 

I will never forget the first time my daughter smiled at me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Same daughter.  Then 5.  We're at a Lady Vol soccer camp being hosted by now Texas coach Angela Kelly.  About 200 girls and parents in attendance.  She's introducing the team including their home town.  People politely golf clap. 

She gets to one girl from Houston, TX.  When my daughter hears the word "Texas", she squeals really loud.  Coach takes notice and calls her to the front.

"Are you a Texan?" She asks.

Daughter replies, "No.  My daddy is.  But when I grow up, I'm going to be a Texan too".

That's my girl.

• Hook 'Em 7

My daughter's love language is gifts. I gotten of these from her for the past few Easters.

image.png.4b2ce58f3632c31cf3ad4381e769d425.png

When my daughter was little, it was a bitch and a half to put her down for a nap. I finally brought her to our room because she wouldn't stop crying. After crawling around for another 30 minutes crying her eyes out, she finally fell asleep here.

image.png.038f55a11add67646cae9480c6ab2355.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Awwwww memories.....feels like just a couple months ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/29/2021 at 7:39 PM, Scheiss Meister said:

One day I had a stressful, awful, long day at work.  I was mad, confused, and a bundle of nerves.  I got home, cleaned up, and got ready to watch some football when my then three year old son climbed up on the sofa next to me with a book and asked me to read it to him.  To my eternal shame, I yelled at him that I just wanted to be left alone.  He looked me in the eye, patted me on the arm, and said, "I'm sorry that you are sad.  I'll read the book in my room."  Then he gave me the best, least deserved hug in the world.  I turned the TV off and read him every book he had.  Twice.  I don't deserve him, and he deserves better than me.

Holy shit that's brutal.  Unfortunately I can empathize.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Jimbaround said:

Holy shit that's brutal.  Unfortunately I can empathize.

Agree.  Same with my 8th grader.  He's finishing out the year as a distance learner, so very little socialization throughout the day.  I bought a ping pong table 3 weeks ago.  I get home from teaching, craving peace and quiet and ... "Dad!  Let's play ping pong!".  It's a struggle every time.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wife and I have had a lot of stress lately due to a multitude of factors. We've only asked our kids to clean their rooms and not worry about other areas of the house. My youngest takes it upon herself to clean the entire house, including our bathroom. I said to her that she didn't need to clean her parents bathroom and all these other rooms. She responds with "oh I know, I just wanted to do something nice for you and Mommy since you've been really busy lately with (what's been stressing us out)". This kid is the best. She earlier said she wanted a hamster for her birthday. We were less inclined to add another animal to the household. The kid definitely got the hamster after this display of altruism. 

• Hook 'Em 5