Aaron Rodgers Disgruntled with Packers and Does Not Want to Return

Vic Mackey

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought the press conference was just a long airing of personal grievances. Lots of people have issues with their management or employers but don't just go to the media to complain. Even in the NFL, tons of guys have axes to grind. Rodgers isn't an owner or a GM and shouldn't be telling them how to do their jobs. Compare it with Andy Dalton's press conference where he talks about being the starter but helping the younger new guy get acclimated to the league. Dalton at least knows his role on the team and is content with it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

I thought the press conference was just a long airing of personal grievances. Lots of people have issues with their management or employers but don't just go to the media to complain. Even in the NFL, tons of guys have axes to grind. Rodgers isn't an owner or a GM and shouldn't be telling them how to do their jobs. Compare it with Andy Dalton's press conference where he talks about being the starter but helping the younger new guy get acclimated to the league. Dalton at least knows his role on the team and is content with it.

But Dalton sucks. And has zero room to dictate how his team should run things. Rodgers (even though I don't buy into how great he is) is the face of Green Bay and has that leverage. He knows GB won't do shit to him. I wish more players would call out shitty management and ownership. If you are a Dallas fan, you would love it for them to do that. Everyone else does. But no one on Dallas has that clout to do that.

But Dalton sucks. And has zero room to dictate how his team should run things. Rodgers (even though I don't buy into how great he is) is the face of Green Bay and has that leverage. He knows GB won't do shit to him. I wish more players would call out shitty management and ownership. If you are a Dallas fan, you would love it for them to do that. Everyone else does. But no one on Dallas has that clout to do that.
Brett probably thought the same thing, when he bounced. But GB won a Superbowl without him. Some superstars are replaceable. I wouldn't be surprised to see GB win one with their next QB in the right circumstance.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The U.S. Constitution is very specific and guarantees each American a god-given right to play professional football regardless of vaccination status.  

This actually does not surprise me considering Aaron gets his medical advice from Nick Swardson.  

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Is there a source confirming he wasn't vaccinated?  or just simple correlation based on his positive test?  because you know, breakthrough cases are pretty common.  Just had one myself.

According to ESPN, "The NFL has considered Rodgers as unvaccinated since the start of the season." NFL.com also reports that the Packers quarterback has not been vaccinated against COVID-19.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/11/03/1052005915/aaron-rodgers-packers-green-bay-positive-covid

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Thanks,

I just kept running into this statement looking around and not the ESPN and NFL.com info

LaFleur would not explicitly confirm whether Rodgers tested positive and also would not comment on whether Rodgers is vaccinated.

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Thanks,

I just kept running into this statement looking around and not the ESPN and NFL.com info

LaFleur would not explicitly confirm whether Rodgers tested positive and also would not comment on whether Rodgers is vaccinated.

Well, what triggered all the alarm bells, was when they announced his earliest return date, and it was the 13th. Vaccinated breakthrough cases can return much earlier than that. 

But yeah.

48 minutes ago, Deej said:

He got a homeopathic injection. 

Which is to say, nothing. There's no "homeopathic treatment" capable producing COVID anti-bodies. I guess you could just get infected and then burn some sage and rub crystals over your chakras and say that's how homeopathy helped you become immune, but those would be very stupid things to do or say.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Which is to say, nothing. There's no "homeopathic treatment" capable producing COVID anti-bodies. I guess you could just get infected and then burn some sage and rub crystals over your chakras and say that's how homeopathy helped you become immune, but those would be very stupid things to do or say.

Well, he's saying it. Homeopathy is bullshit, but he's rolling it out there as to why he didn't need to be vaccinated. NFL should suspend him for the rest of the season, and dole out some punishment to the Packers for looking the other way.

• Hook 'Em 6