Texas Tech @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

2 hours ago, chase25 said:

The Tech baseball twitter account stopped tweeting updates right before Hodo's grand slam lol

They neglect to mention that we have won the last 5 out of 5 series in Lubbock.  It’s been a visitor dominated series for a long time. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

2 of 3 no longer likely gets the job done though- although it’s not dire. Would need a sweep of wvu along with a tcu loss. 

I'm not so much worried about winning the conference as being a top 8 seed. If we take 2/3 from TCU and at least 2/3 vs WVU we will be a top 8 seed. Winning the conference will be difficult.

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well I’m assuming that the conference winner gets the top 8 seed.  I don’t see 2/3 from tcu as enough for the committee to give it to us over them when they have the entire body of play and conference play. 
and I also doubt they give the big 12 2 top 8s. 

No reason why they wouldn't if it's deserved.

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

If this was posted by Machinator, I might agree.....no offense.  Hope you are right.

Only thing that worries me is our lineup against their staff which averages 10 K/9. Their 3 starters have seen dips in conference play as have ours, just natural. Krob and Smith are both lefties and they have 3 to 4 good arms in the pen. Also hitting .322 in conference play. We are better than Tech, 2 bad innings lost the series.

TCU is the real deal, this will be the measuring stick for if we can compete with the best in college baseball. Formula for winning the series will be similar to Baylor and Okie State, get good pitching performances from Madden and Stevens coupled with timely hitting because there won't be many mistakes or walks from TCU. They are averaging 3 walks a game and fielding .987 as a team.

Biggest difference for us is now it doesn't feel like there is as much pressure to take the first two games with Pete on Sunday. Hopefully that will allow Ty and Tristan to go out and pitch a little looser.

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well I’m assuming that the conference winner gets the top 8 seed.  I don’t see 2/3 from tcu as enough for the committee to give it to us over them when they have the entire body of play and conference play. 
and I also doubt they give the big 12 2 top 8s. 

I'm not the committee so of course this is just my opinion but if we take 2/3 from TCU, 2/3 from WVU (just because I'll never predict a sweep) and win the rest of our midweek games we will finish 42-13 (17-7) and more than likely 2nd in the 2nd best conference in college baseball. That would include a likely finish in the top 8 in the RPI, ELO, and a top 15 SOS

The B1G is garbage and the ACC has cannibalized itself especially with a .500 Clemson sweeping Louisville this weekend. 

Still a few more games to be played but if we do take 2/3 from TCU (#2 in RPI right now), the committee will probably have 4 SEC (ARK, VAN, MSST, TENN), 2 Big 12 (TEX, TCU) and ND. The last spot is up for grabs, probably go to a school like ECU. Oregon, Arizona, and Charlotte are all right there as well.

Texas will host a Super, should they advance in the Regional.   Who the fuck are y’all kidding?

Edited by slorch

13 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Question. Is it possible this year that a school hosts a super not on their campus? Did I dream this or is that real? 

Yes, that is why teams have submitted bids so early and the committee is deciding early. They want the hosts to have plenty of time to comply with Covid restrictions etc... So the top 16 seeds in this years tournament will be the only ones allowed to host Supers regardless if they are in them or not I believe.

8 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Yes, that is why teams have submitted bids so early and the committee is deciding early. They want the hosts to have plenty of time to comply with Covid restrictions etc... So the top 16 seeds in this years tournament will be the only ones allowed to host Supers regardless if they are in them or not I believe.

Cool. Thanks