Gas Monkey Bar and Grill

Equinox

I'm sure the Gas Monkey Bar and Grill is touristy. But is the food good? We're going to be staying just down the street from there this weekend, and my wife mentioned she might like to check it out. Maybe go to Gas Monkey Live.

Has anyone here been there?

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Well, he's from Dallas. What did you expect? Him not to be a huge douche?

Never met him but went to the same high school in Ft. Worth.  I'm older, not tatted up and of course not a douche so I don't relate to the whole Gas Monkey Tom Fuckery . Doucheyness aside he certainly did capitalize on the given opportunity. If I had his money I'd throw mine away. 

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Well, he's from Dallas. What did you expect? Him not to be a huge douche?

Hey I’m from Dallas and I resemble that remark!

But seriously...huge douche even by Dallas standards.  And trust me, I am an authority on Dallas douchebags.  Even by Dallas semi-celebrity standards, huge douche.

I never quite understood why his ability to turn beaters into shitty "custom" cars would lead to "hey I bet he could run a restaurant and club, too", but I guess that's the cult of personality at work.
He's just the money, name and personality behind it. Doubt he could run it if he tried.