The CIA's new recruitment ad [lol]

lmao

7 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Quite a few on this site seem to be unaware that there is a huge amount of criticism coming from the left at the mainstream of the Dem party for their use of identity politics as a salve to cover all evils.

They're aware of it, they just think that leftists and Republicans are the same

#resist

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

Hold the CIA’s feet to fire on torture but understand the blame mostly lies with the Bush admin who approved those interrogation technique.

it's not a questionof Republican/Democrat, it's a question of empire

The idea that all the CIA does is torture people is as stupid as the idea that they all drive Aston Martins. 

yeah the CIA does a lot more than that they also create international drug trade and fund extrajudicial murder squads internationally and organize and train terrorists and depose democratically elected leaders and spy on peaceful domestic political movements and murder civil rights activists. Oh and assassinations

• Hook 'Em 9

We need the best and brightest of humanity, not just caucasians, empowered to bring their talents to bear on the mountain of problems our country (and the world) faces.  I’m glad the CIA gets this, and is doing what it can to make their pool of potential talent as broad and deep as possible.

Who would want the next Bin Laden not stopped because the best person for the job  wasn’t ever connected to our intelligence service through targeted outreach?

Oh, yeah.  Fucking racists, that’s who.

edit: Yeah, I ain’t qualified.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 3

We need the best and brightest of humanity, not just caucasians, empowered to bring their talents to bare on the mountain of problems our country (and the world) faces.  I’m glad the CIA gets this, and is doing what it can to make their pool of potential talent as broad and deep as possible.
Who would want the next Bin Laden not stopped because the best person for the job  wasn’t ever connected to our intelligence service through targeted outreach?

Bear
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Goredho said:

We need the best and brightest of humanity, not just caucasians, empowered to bring their talents to bear on the mountain of problems our country (and the world) faces.  I’m glad the CIA gets this, and is doing what it can to make their pool of potential talent as broad and deep as possible.

edit: Yeah, I ain’t qualified.

Love to be a volunteer corporate-speak cheerleader for unaccountable murder regimes

• Hook 'Em 1

This is about branding, marketing, and recruiting. That's about the extent of it. Every major corporation is doing similar campaigns with perhaps different wrinkles and priority targets, but it's all just marketing. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

The idea that all the CIA does is torture people is as stupid as the idea that they all drive Aston Martins. 

That's actually MI6 and their 00 program, not the CIA.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Love to be a volunteer corporate-speak cheerleader for unaccountable murder regimes

Love to be an ineffable twat?

I’m no cheerleader for the CIA and all they are responsible for.  I’m a cheerleader for organizations, which in this specific instance happens to be the CIA, attracting and empowering the best from all backgrounds to put their talents to use for the common good.  If you want to rail against the CIA for their past transgressions, go for it, they deserve plenty of criticism.  But your posts like the above are the intardnet equivalent of a crazy homeless person yelling nonsensically at people walking by on the street.

38 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

They're probably equally more likely to fund and train the next Bin Laden as they are to stop him, but your point remains valid.

Given their 40-year penchant for extensively funding, training and arming Sunni extremism all over the globe, I have fixed it for you. 

• Hook 'Em 3

This is amazing. One of the few times where everyone regardless of where you are on political autism spectrum is laughing:

Well everyone is laughing, but I don’t think OP realizes it’s at him

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

I’m a cheerleader for organizations, which in this specific instance happens to be the CIA, attracting and empowering the best from all backgrounds to put their talents to use for the common good.

that you think the CIA works for the common good is kind of alarming

If you want to rail against the CIA for their past transgressions, go for it, they deserve plenty of criticism.  But your posts like the above are the intardnet equivalent of a crazy homeless person yelling nonsensically at people walking by on the street.

Which of the things I listed do you think is off-base with regards to CIA activities?

Like a little baby

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Is this a serious question? Have you ever been to the United States?

Sadly, I don't know why I expected more of a United States Senator like Ted Cruz, who should know how many career officials in the CIA are just behind computers, reviewing intelligence and doing briefing reports.   They can be black, yellow, purple, have 4 eyes, 6 hands, 2 heads, LGBTQ and speak Martian for all I care, as long as they are doing their job. 

Maybe he's a big fan of Melissa McCarthy's "Spy" and just thinks the intelligence people behind the computer are one opportunity from taking on nuke smuggling rings in Eastern Europe. 

Memphis Flyer | Spy

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sadly, I don't know why I expected more of a United States Senator like Ted Cruz, who should know how many career officials in the CIA are just behind computers, reviewing intelligence and doing briefing reports.   They can be black, yellow, purple, have 4 eyes, 6 hands, 2 heads, LGBTQ and speak Martian for all I care, as long as they are doing their job. 

Maybe he's a big fan of Melissa McCarthy's "Spy" and just thinks the intelligence people behind the computer are one opportunity from taking on nuke smuggling rings in Eastern Europe. 

Memphis Flyer | Spy

Well, ole Ted DOES think that most movies are actually documentaries......

1505236723355-Screen-Shot-2017-09-12-at-

If you want a movie, watch American Made. Good insight into how lazy and stupid our intelligence agencies are, how careless they are with the tremendous power and resources they have, and the thousands (tens/hundreds) of lives they destroy along the way.

books are better and more informative, but movies are more fun

tumblr_edf8e916b8884c211bced6c5ad65314d_0311f695_1280.jpg

Replace the President with someone else more to their liking.

Edited to add that it now seems like keeping the perne in the gyre spinning madly is a goal of the CIA, as well,!unless, as suggested, they are using the perne to preemptively filter applicants and don’t mind the loss of attention to rona and insurrection.

Edited by Willfully Horn
More

2 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Replace the President with someone else more to their liking.

The Obama administration infected the liberal mind with some kind of brain disease that taught them that literally the only thing that matters is having a Nice President I Like

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

that you think the CIA works for the common good is kind of alarming

Which of the things I listed do you think is off-base with regards to CIA activities?

Like a little baby

I agree with that self-assessment.  You might want to apply your non-binary acceptance of genders to organizations like the CIA.

Should the CIA be unscrutinized and above the law?  No.

Has the CIA done some heinous shit over the years?  Yes.

So far so good, we are in agreement.  But at this point your assessment ends.  You’ve now classified the CIA as part of the evil empire that is irredeemable.  Binary mode activated!  Defund the CIA!  War on anyone who happens to have a post hit the thread after mine that is not primarily concerned about the evils of the CIA!

My own considerations continue...

Is there a need for an intelligence org with the CIA’s mission?  Yes.

Was the CIA providing the intelligence necessary to take down Bin Laden a good thing?  Yes.

Was that it was a woman employed by the CIA that was primarily responsible for that intelligence a good thing?  Yes.

Is the CIA trying to recruit from all races, ethnicities and genders so that they have the best chance to succeed in their mission a good thing?  Yes.

This thread started with a post about that last point, denigrating the CIA for its diversified outreach.  That is what I have been discussing.  You want to engage me in a debate about the evils of the CIA and I don’t even disagree with you.  Jesus, you are a fucking moron and people like you are the very reason why the political spectrum can be described as a horseshoe.  You’re zealous antagonism makes you more resemble a conspiracy-spouting, Trump-fellating Qtard than anything else.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The Obama administration infected the liberal mind with some kind of brain disease that taught them that literally the only thing that matters is having a Nice President I Like

I believe Joe’s ability to beat Trump was the attraction. That he seems nice was  a net positive, yes.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

This is about branding, marketing, and recruiting. That's about the extent of it. Every major corporation is doing similar campaigns with perhaps different wrinkles and priority targets, but it's all just marketing. 

I wonder how much time and money was spent on that piece of shit video?  At least they had the cost awareness to go cartoon and not hire real actors.

5 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I believe Joe’s ability to beat Trump was the attraction. That he seems nice was  a net positive, yes.

Ok great why did you bring that up here? what does that have to do with anything that's been discussed?

28 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Is there a need for an intelligence org with the CIA’s mission?  Yes.

My answer to this question is "No".

Likely because you and I disagree regarding what is meant by the phrase "the CIA's mission".

International terrorism is a danger that we create for ourselves. Osama bin Laden is a perfect example of, as Reverend Wright very accurately and correctly stated, America's chickens coming home to roost. Holding up the spectre of the self-inflected Osama bin Laden wound is Patriot-Act-Era Republican (and Democratic, let's be honest) justification of our police state.

Defund the CIA? Absolutely. 100%. Do it immediately.

Do you seriously believe the brave and noble men and women and non-binary of the CIA are protecting you and your family from a threat? Answer truthfully.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

CSB I was shown that tic-tac-toe looking code back in the 90s by a history geek who said it was used by Confederate spies. /CSB

we Danites used signs and counter-signs back when Brigham had us building up the Promised Land.

oddly enough, our younger generations are a favorite of the FBI and CIA because they'll forthrightly do everything they're told and look handsome while doing it, believing any kind of sappy patriotic story you can throw at 'em

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Also, goredho didn't actually specify what was crazy about any of the accusations I made regarding the CIA. Strange... I thought it was insane to cast such accusations!

old.jpg

Because...

I...

dont...

disagree...

dumbass 

Ignoring the stupid fucking distraction that is this commercial, the book Legacy of Ashes by Tim Weiner is a great and thorough read on the full history of the CIA through the war on terror based on primary sources and interviews. Also the Jakarta Method by Vincent Bevins is an easier read that give good insight to just how evil the CIA is and has been throughout its history. If someone can read either and think that the CIA provides any kind of service or value for good, then I'd rather not meet that person.

• Hook 'Em 4

22 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

man, you are fucking fast on the quotes. both times you had quoted me prior to my edit. guess all my typos are preserved for posterity, so there's that.

I was gonna edit my post above just 10 seconds after posting to make it more obvious I was joking - but WillfullyInMyHead had already given the LOL rep.  I admit, I was just a tad freaked out.  Glad I'm not the only one. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I was gonna edit my post above just 10 seconds after posting to make it more obvious I was joking - but WillfullyInMyHead had already given the LOL rep.  I admit, I was just a tad freaked out.  Glad I'm not the only one. 

Noted. 

Are you saying you can no longer edit after a rep? Is that a tapa thing? On my phone. I can still edit posts that are  an hour old, I’ think. Still, noted.

16 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Noted. 

Are you saying you can no longer edit after a rep? Is that a tapa thing? On my phone. I can still edit posts that are  an hour old, I’ think. Still, noted.

no, you can (at least on the desktop version), but you do end up capturing forever what the message said prior to editing. In some cases I called someone a dumb cunt and felt bad because it's not their fault they're dumb or in this case I just was typing too fast and hit send too quickly. I was embarrassed to be associated with such drivel 😂

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Noted. 

What LH68 above said.  It's just funny when it happens when you're sure there's no way anybody has even looked at the post yet, much less quoted the damn thing and hit send.  

• Hook 'Em 1