RIP Ed Ward

Carl Spackler

For some reason I have been wondering lately what Johnny Walker and Peggy at KLBJ are up do nowdays, if they're even still around. I miss the old Austin music media scene before it was taken over by massive corporations.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Deej said:

I can't believe they fired Johnny Walker 14 years ago. 

. . . and Dale Dudley still has a job.  Wrap your head around that.

Just to put some perspective on how utterly incompetent KLBJ and their "personalities" are, here's a screen grab from their "Dudley & Bob" page:

Dudley & Bob + Matt | Mornings 6-10a

The Dudley and Bob with Matt Show is a weekday-afternoon comedic talk radio show airing on 93.7 KLBJ-FM, from 6-10A CST in Austin, TX. For those of you who don’t know, they consistently rank among the city’s top-rated drive-time shows. You’re welcome.

So, in addition to being grotesquely cocky, they can't even be bothered to reconcile the fact that, while they are indeed now an afternoon show, they still tout 6-10 AM as their time slot.  Twice.

Fucking idiots.

Guest Lobo

There are great books about peak rock & roll (1964-1978).  But Ed Ward's "The History of Rock & Roll" does the best job as describing the journey from 1920 to 1963.  From the delta blues through the British Invasion.  It's a gripping compendium and a must for any serious rock fan who's ever wanted to make the journey from Mississippi to Liverpool and listen to everything along the way. 

2 hours ago, Deej said:

They are back to mornings.

Fair enough, but it still doesn't change the fact that their webpage is self-contradictory.  Seriously, KLBJ-FM is such a junior varsity operation and those dicks have acted like they own a major metropolis or something.  Dale Dudley comes in second to only Donald Trump in terms of abject narcissism.  He's loathesome.

• Like 1

I enjoyed some Dudley & Bob for a while back in the 90s. But most of their successful bits were borrowed/stolen from other stations. The act got stale pretty quick, so it's really amazing it's still running. Especialy Bob, which seems to bring zipola talent of any kind. I rarely listen to radio any more, but on those occasions I decide to flip over to KLBJ to see what's on, I'm amazed at how often it's replays of their old bullshit.

• 1 month later...