Texas State @ Texas - 6:30 on LHN

zlavydra

We welcome the Bobcats to town for the first time this season after 2 previous meetings in San Marcos.  Lucas Gordon is on the hill for the Horns, opposed by RHP Trevis "Don't Call Me Travis" Sundgren.  TX State appears to be playing better, having won their last two weekend series (over AR State and the Ragin' Cajuns).

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I really like how consistent we have been on these midweek games this year. I hope we see the offense show it has broken out of its slump and we see another performance like Sunday.

Not just this year. 2017 and 2018 we mostly killed it in mid week games. Piece places a lot of importance on those games, rightfully so. Mid week games can be huge rpi boosters down the stretch 

Guest Lobo

Great, my first in-person meeting in almost two years for this group and it's tonight.  What an absolutely perfect night weather-wise for baseball.  Very jealous of any and all of you that get to do while I'm stuck at this thing until 8:00p.  

Texas State still has games with us, TCU, conference favorite-South Alabama, and Coastal Carolina (who is down a bit this year).  But they shouldn't hurt our RPI, maybe even help it a tick depending on how their tourney goes.  Shit, they'll certainly be helping us more than Rice will be.  Rice very likely won't be making their own conference tournament, making our game with them---their season finale, finishing somewhere around 10 games under .500.  Texas Southern obviously is a dent to our RPI as well.  

So all that to say, enjoy this evening fellow baseball fans.  Should be fun.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Great, my first in-person meeting in almost two years for this group and it's tonight.  What an absolutely perfect night weather-wise for baseball.  Very jealous of any and all of you that get to do while I'm stuck at this thing until 8:00p.  

Texas State still has games with us, TCU, conference favorite-South Alabama, and Coastal Carolina (who is down a bit this year).  But they shouldn't hurt our RPI, maybe even help it a tick depending on how their tourney goes.  Shit, they'll certainly be helping us more than Rice will be.  Rice very likely won't be making their own conference tournament, making our game with them---their season finale, finishing somewhere around 10 games under .500.  Texas Southern obviously is a dent to our RPI as well.  

So all that to say, enjoy this evening fellow baseball fans.  Should be fun.  

Rice baseball has fallen off a cliff. Is TN Tech guy still there?

Guest Lobo

Yep, in his 3rd year I think.  They've been falling fast since the end of Graham's tenure...but they're looking especially mediocre this season. The pitching is just abysmal.  Like nothing I've ever seen outta Rice.  I know it's not a completely fair stat line, but of their 15 most-oft used pitchers---only 2 have an ERA under 5.50.  And 7 of them have an ERA over 7.00          That's fucked up. 

Anyway, gotta head to this meeting but y'all rub it in with how nice it is at the Disch tonight.  Rep for pics of cold beers and sundresses.  This'll be the last game you'll see any co-eds at until next year (finals coming up and what few people are actually on campus will be long gone when WVU comes to town later this month).  

1 hour ago, zlavydra said:

Rice baseball has fallen off a cliff. Is TN Tech guy still there?

I think so. Wayne Graham left the program in worst shape than Mack left our 2014 football team. It was gonna be a rebuild. You’d think just getting some solid all district guys from around the Houston area that’d keep em in the top 25ish every year 

12 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Kennedy's highest and best use. 2nd and 3rd, one out.

It’s truly astonishing. He’s got a decent swing but somehow he can’t his a beach ball. I figured he’d develop into a left handed Ben Johnson with his athleticism and swing. 

But he’s also nails in left. Gonna be interesting next year with Kennedy, Todd, Hodo, Campbell and whatever happens on the transfer market plus. Not to mention dudes like Porter and Cam and Stehly who could be solid left fielders 

Edited by Fletch

11 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I feel bad for Austin. You can tell he really wants to be out there, yet he's stuck in the dugout chatting it up with Galindo.

1-0 Texas B4

I’d love for him to come back and have a fully healthy year while hitting over .300 with a handful of homers. He deserves it 

30 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I feel bad for Austin. You can tell he really wants to be out there, yet he's stuck in the dugout chatting it up with Galindo.

1-0 Texas B4

The Star Wars conversation was slightly uncomfortable. Austin clearly had never seen any Star Wars movie and didn't know shit about Star Wars. Yet, they kept asking him Star Wars trivia.