Digital Horse Racing (ZED & NFTs)

Nice Guy Eddie

If anyone here is interested, some of us are on another thread in regards to buying a digital race horse. Gambling and Crypto run head into each other in this endeavor:

Effectively you will lose money but we will have some fun with a horse and/or stable of horses.

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Wasn't this a game at Dave & Buster's?

It's similar to it when it comes to racing. Entry fees and winning. Basically you perpetually own the horse along with the right to sell it and breed. 

And if this takes off, who knows what the horses will be worth. While new horses will continually be bred, they will be inferior to the early generations.

@NOMAAA @Angry Gorilla @huge @henrygandorf @PhillyD @ZB'Tejas @Zepol87 @Baboontyme @MonkeyDoughnut @Here for Zed

Let's use this as our thread to leave the general NFT thread alone.

Items to decide:

• Do we like Reasonable Measure? His odds are normally 20-1 which is not considered good for Zed. We will probably be in the bottom 1/2 of most races. We can still win but  we can't expect consistency. Unfortunately the payouts do not reflect the odds. 
  • I've discovered 10-1 horses for sale but they're $2500. This is more than we want to spend since most wanted to stay under $100.
    • But we also don't have to be equal partners on any 1 horse.
  • I'm skeptical we can make a drop horse work tomorrow since we're just starting.

To make it more official, let me know here if you want to buy a share of Reasonable Measure. We can figure out how you can reimburse me. Venmo, Paypal, Eth, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

Haha! I am definitely 21. I have been a longtime lurker on this site and never had a reason to create an account until now.
I’m down for a share of reasonable measures. From what I can tell, there should be value in all genesis horses because of the limited supply. There may also be some other racehorse characteristics that come into play as the game evolves such as race distance, starting position, fatigue, etc. 

I'm in on a new horse up to $100.  I don't trust any of the resale horses at this point (if they have raced) would rather take chance on the unknown.  I'm also going to try the drop tomorrow just to see how it works and how quick things move... expecting things to go very quickly at the low end (my end)... unreal to think there are some people who will be sitting down for the drop waiting to slap $20k on a Z1 virtual horse.  We need to be pooling our resources to figure out another venture like Zed Run to create. Those guys are making a virtual killing with next to zero overhead.

3 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

I'm down to buy a share of Reasonable Measure, and would also be willing to put in up to $500 for a new horse.

I'm onboard with that amount for a new horse, whether in the drop tomorrow or on the secondary market. 

I like this horse on the marketplace: https://stats.zedstats.run/horses/17058?query[paid]=0&query[class]=3&query[length]=

• overall positive return.
  • Downside is that it recently got bumped up to Class II. It had been very successful at Class III.  Odds varied between 9 and 12.
  • Cost: .88 ETH or $3040.  For some reason, the owner hasn't raced since mid-April. We could offer less.

Another horse that is slightly more expensive but earns more. https://stats.zedstats.run/horses/18101

On a side note, I will run a few races after work and post the times/races here.

Still waiting on a few people to commit. I'm not sure if we have 9 or 10.  But I'm starting to lose faith in Reasonable. We need to be down in Class 4 or even 5.  We need to find a horse that has odds close to 10.   Reasonable might make a decent stud being a Genesis horse. Just not a good racer.

For this next race, we have odds of 22. Worst in the race.

Post time:8:26 https://3d-racing.zed.run/live/2lPQVD9Y

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

18 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

Second worst odds in this race also.  There is a lot I don't understand in this simulation.  How they calculate odds is one of them.

From what I understand, the horse has attributes that we can't see. And they won't change. Then ZED runs either 1,000 or 10,000 simulations to create the odds for each race.

Reasonable doesn't have a large history yet but the distribution of the final position isn't considered ideal: https://stats.zedstats.run/horses/14572 Many think you want 1, 2, 11 & 12 to have the highest counts. This creates a U distribution.  Like this: https://stats.zedstats.run/horses/10119

We're more of an "n"

But we're looking decent in 1400m races so perhaps we should stick to that distance. We haven't raced in the very short or long races yet either.

EDIT: I lied. I saw a cheap 2600m race opened up, so I'm trying that one. Then I'm calling it a night. https://zed.run/race/S9FB69lC

@PhillyD

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1

i think 10 x $100 makes sense right now.  that should cover the horse + entry fees.

if we win $ or the horse becomes more valuable and we sell or whatever, then it'll be easy to distribute.

obviously if we don't get 10 people, some people can purchase multiple shares, but i think the shares should be 10 points and $100.

• Hook 'Em 2

I have the following people listed as wanting to be owners: 

@NOMAAA @Angry Gorilla @huge @henrygandorf @PhillyD @ZB'Tejas @Zepol87 @Baboontyme @MonkeyDoughnut @Here for Zed @Da Fino @Mr Bean

13 of us total. The cost of the horse was $930, so $71 each. Let's bump what you owe to $100 to contribute for future entry fees.  I've been sticking to races that range from $2-5. Send me a private message how you want to pay. I accept all online or app payment forms. I'm cool if you want to send bitcoin or Eth.

For easier record-keeping, I will eat the cost of the races so far. I will create an online spreadsheet going forward.

Other quick hits

• Majority rules on decisions about the horse. Sell, breed, join races with larger entry fees.
  • If you want out, maybe someone else will buy your share. 
  • I plan to race the horse a couple of times per night. Unless I can't.

• Hook 'Em 1

As for the horse drop today, I think it's every person for themselves. I'm happy to buy into a horse if one of you win, and I will offer any of you the same. 

But if one of you buy a $20K horse, I'm not in for half. Maybe $500-1000. 

And if you haven't done anything yet to join the horse drop, you're probably too late. Unless you are familiar with Ethereum, Meta Mask wallets, and converting crypto.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As for the horse drop today, I think it's every person for themselves. I'm happy to buy into a horse if one of you win, and I will offer any of you the same. 

But if one of you buy a $20K horse, I'm not in for half. Maybe $500-1000. 

And if you haven't done anything yet to join the horse drop, you're probably too late. Unless you are familiar with Ethereum, Meta Mask wallets, and converting crypto.

I never funded my metamask so can't participate but similarly willing to buy into a horse that you or others snag.

How can we notify the group when a race is about to go off? I can post it here, but that would only notify people on the site.  Part of the ownership is the fun watching the race. 

At dinner with friends: "Excuse me, I need to watch my horse race on my phone"

Whatsapp?  Telegram? 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How can we notify the group when a race is about to go off? I can post it here, but that would only notify people on the site.  Part of the ownership is the fun watching the race. 

At dinner with friends: "Excuse me, I need to watch my horse race on my phone"

Whatsapp?  Telegram? 

Can we just create a new channel in the Surly Discord?

• Hook 'Em 1

If anyone setup for todays Tera Drop gets the drop email, let us know.  It sounds like they aren't going to send the link out until it starts??  Hoping they give some extra time as some email systems much slower than others.... I'll be checking around 2pm CST but it seems you will get either a 1st or 2nd drop slot email but not both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Can we just create a new channel in the Surly Discord?

Dumb question but how do you get access to Surly discord? I have a discord account but never looked into Surly and I only get an error when attempting to join from the surly home page.